Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Monitor files being copied/accessed Post 302404997 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 17th of March 2010 07:51:15 PM
Old 03-17-2010
Apple is not like linux - there is no API. Try
Watcher

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

monitoring files copied onto hard disk

hi... i need pointers to books/website... 'm trytin to write a daemon that monitors files of particular type(eg. text or pdfs) copied onto the hard disk. the daemon should detect the above n write the file name (along with the absolute path) to a file. please DO NOT give me the code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_abhijith
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files not accessed on a remote server and delete - Help!

Hi Guys, I am currently working on a script to find all the files that have not been accessed for the past 2 years. This, i guess has been discussed n number of times in this forum. Now, my requirement is to find all the files in the remote windows server. I have it mounted in unix. I was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bond_bhai
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching files by last accessed time

How can I search for files by last accessed time? I want to see files accessed in the last 24 hours, for example...or even less time, maybe in the last 3 hours? Thank you in advance, Trellot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trellot
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ignoring already copied files

I'm almost brand new to UNIX, so I have no idea if how easy or difficult this would be, or if it's even possible. I've been using FTP to copy a total of about 150gb of files to a remote drive. Since the directory being copied is so large, I've been trying to break it up into smaller chunks based... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvandyke
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Number of files accessed this week

I have looked around on the internet and still i am no wiser as to how to show the number of files in a directory that have been accessed this week and also that as a percentage. Any help would be much appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAFC_99
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

no of files copied by scp command

hi, I have a script which copy files by using scp command. when i run that script, i can see the process meter but I want to know how many files have been copied. suppose, by using scp 10 files is being copied and I can see process meter for all 10 files. but i also want to see ... that 10... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check files copied from remote server

There is a process which copy files form unix a to unix b I would like to check whether all files copied from a to b or not ,and list which are the missing files. Is there a command to check like that (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Files copied to FTP server not shown

I had copied 2 files to an FTP server which I deployed on my RHEL 5.8 server. The ownership I kept for the files are for the user, ftp. But, I do not see the files on the FTP location using either accessing through Windows explorer or the browser. The ftp location is ftp://10.101.17.80/incoming.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Track the files accessed by a script.

How can i track all the files accessed by script. The script is supposed to bring up my application and this script is just the main script which inturn calls another scripts and executable. I need to know all the the files this main script calls and the files accessed by all the other scripts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chacko193
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Record top accessed processes/files

Hello, I have about 100 servers that I'm looking to collect information regarding top files and processes accessed within a 168 hr (1 week) period. Each server has a different purpose and so different installed applications. All servers are running either unix or linux. What would be a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umang2382
0 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)