Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Triggering UNIX command from Web Browser Post 302404394 by TonyLawrence on Tuesday 16th of March 2010 11:36:02 AM
Old 03-16-2010
Like i need to pass simple ls -ltrh >temp1 on a application server in mount point eg - /onestmp
how do i pass and capture the command.

How you pass the command depends on your programming language - if t's a shell script, you "pass" it exactly as you wrote it. With Perl, you'd use "system".

As you sent the output to a file, you just need to read that file to get the output. That's often the easiest way to do it, especially for something as simple as "ls" that you don't need to interact with. Programming feeding and reading one program from another is more complicated.

---------- Post updated at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:23 AM ----------

Heres another way to do that:

#
Code:
!/usr/bin/perl
print "Content-TYPE: text/html\n\n";
print "<ul>";
open(READ,"ls -ltrh|");
while (<READ>) {
 print "<li>$_";
}
print "</ul>";

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web browser and web server for Unix

Hi there all I am looking for both a web browser as well as a web server (Ie. Netscape Fasttrack) that will run on HPUX 10. If you know where I can get these free via FTP, please contact me as soon as possible!! Thanks, Mark (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mleathers
1 Replies

2. Linux

web browser from konsole

hi experts, i'm running red hat linux, consider there's no visual interface, no X server... actually there is one but it's written in Python! what i need is to intall a decent web browser on it! is it possible? and i only have abt 100 MBs of free disk space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elzalem
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triggering my Unix script....

Hi All, i dont have any idea about perl scripting... i need some suggestion so that i can put my effort to find out the solution:D let me explain....one of my tedious task which will taken care by Unix shell script which i prepared. its a kind of routine work that i am running the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Can't open netscape web-browser

I am working in solaris 9 and i want to work with web-browser(netscape). but when I am openning it,it shows the message -- An error occurred reading the startup configuration file.Please contact ur administrator./.netscape/preferences.js,line 66:unterminated string literal.t,127.0.0.1 please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Web browser not opening

On clicking on my WEB BROWSER . no window is appearing , only a dialog box appearing with named "ALERT" any nothing else. What is browser package name , which is by default in Solaris 10 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kush singh
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

The Dillo Web Browser

Hello, Have you all noticed that the Dillo web browser always reports bugs just about on every web page. Richard Stallman's Personal Page However some, but not many have none. cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nigelc
2 Replies

7. Web Development

What is Your Favorite Web Browser?

OK, please vote on your favorite web browser and comment why! Only currently supported browers please! Thanks. PS: I am a big FireFox fan. FireFox add-ons rock! (61 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
61 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Practice UNIX on web Browser?

To practice SQL, there is a very good website called www.sqlfiddle.com no need of installing any external software, it can do almost anything in PL/SQL and Oracle. In a similar manner, is there a good website where i can practice Unix commands on a broswer? I mean, it should be able to execute... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
1 Replies
MicroMason::CompileCache(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     MicroMason::CompileCache(3pm)

NAME
Text::MicroMason::CompileCache - Use a Cache for Template Compilation SYNOPSIS
Instead of using this class directly, pass its name to be mixed in: use Text::MicroMason; my $mason = Text::MicroMason->new( -CompileCache ); Use the standard compile and execute methods to parse and evalute templates: print $mason->execute( text=>$template, 'name'=>'Dave' ); The template does not have to be parsed the second time because it's cached: print $mason->execute( text=>$template, 'name'=>'Bob' ); Templates stored in files are also cached, until the file changes: print $mason->execute( file=>"./greeting.msn", 'name'=>'Charles'); DESCRIPTION
Public Methods compile() Caching wrapper around normal compile() behavior. Supported Attributes compile_cache_text Defaults to an instance of Text::MicroMason::Cache::Simple. You may pass in your own cache object. compile_cache_file Defaults to an instance of Text::MicroMason::Cache::File. You may pass in your own cache object. This module uses a simple cache interface that is widely supported: the only methods required are "get($key)" and "set($key, $value)". You can use the simple cache classes provided in the Text::MicroMason::Cache:: namespace, or select other caching modules on CPAN that support the interface described in Cache::Cache. SEE ALSO
For an overview of this templating framework, see Text::MicroMason. This is a mixin class intended for use with Text::MicroMason::Base. For distribution, installation, support, copyright and license information, see Text::MicroMason::Docs::ReadMe. perl v5.10.1 2007-01-29 MicroMason::CompileCache(3pm)