Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Triggering UNIX command from Web Browser Post 302404361 by dear_abhi2007 on Tuesday 16th of March 2010 10:18:52 AM
Old 03-16-2010
Java

HI
We are mainly trying to give access to the UNIX box to the users, which is been used to just extract few log files from the application server.
Hence we are developing a HTML page where it will ask few details about the required log files which is to be searched on the UNIX box in a particular server folder, and that log file would get e-mailed to the user.

The language used in the web page would be simple HTML Forms. (if required then C#)

So we need some connect string which can pass the generated UNIX cmd from the HTML page to the application server which will fetch the output

Thanks
Abhijeet

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web browser and web server for Unix

Hi there all I am looking for both a web browser as well as a web server (Ie. Netscape Fasttrack) that will run on HPUX 10. If you know where I can get these free via FTP, please contact me as soon as possible!! Thanks, Mark (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mleathers
1 Replies

2. Linux

web browser from konsole

hi experts, i'm running red hat linux, consider there's no visual interface, no X server... actually there is one but it's written in Python! what i need is to intall a decent web browser on it! is it possible? and i only have abt 100 MBs of free disk space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elzalem
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triggering my Unix script....

Hi All, i dont have any idea about perl scripting... i need some suggestion so that i can put my effort to find out the solution:D let me explain....one of my tedious task which will taken care by Unix shell script which i prepared. its a kind of routine work that i am running the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Can't open netscape web-browser

I am working in solaris 9 and i want to work with web-browser(netscape). but when I am openning it,it shows the message -- An error occurred reading the startup configuration file.Please contact ur administrator./.netscape/preferences.js,line 66:unterminated string literal.t,127.0.0.1 please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Web browser not opening

On clicking on my WEB BROWSER . no window is appearing , only a dialog box appearing with named "ALERT" any nothing else. What is browser package name , which is by default in Solaris 10 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kush singh
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

The Dillo Web Browser

Hello, Have you all noticed that the Dillo web browser always reports bugs just about on every web page. Richard Stallman's Personal Page However some, but not many have none. cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nigelc
2 Replies

7. Web Development

What is Your Favorite Web Browser?

OK, please vote on your favorite web browser and comment why! Only currently supported browers please! Thanks. PS: I am a big FireFox fan. FireFox add-ons rock! (61 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
61 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Practice UNIX on web Browser?

To practice SQL, there is a very good website called www.sqlfiddle.com no need of installing any external software, it can do almost anything in PL/SQL and Oracle. In a similar manner, is there a good website where i can practice Unix commands on a broswer? I mean, it should be able to execute... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
1 Replies
SALVAGELOG(5)							AFS File Reference						     SALVAGELOG(5)

NAME
SalvageLog - Traces Salvager operations DESCRIPTION
The SalvageLog file records a trace of Salvager (salvager process) operations on the local machine and describes any error conditions it encounters. If the SalvageLog file does not already exist in the /var/log/openafs directory when the Salvager starts, the process creates it and writes initial start-up messages to it. If there is an existing file, the Salvager renames is to SalvageLog.old, overwriting the existing SalvageLog.old file if it exists. When the Salvager is salvaging an entire file server, it creates a separate log file for each partition it starts salvaging. That file will be named SalvageLog.job where job is a job number that will normally (but is not guaranteed to) correspond to the index of the partition being salvaged. Once salvaging of all partitions is complete, the Salvager will accumulate all the partition-specific log files, append them to SalvageLog, and then remove the partition-specific files. The file is in ASCII format. Administrators listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file can use the bos getlog command to display its contents. Alternatively, log onto the file server machine and use a text editor or a file display command such as the UNIX cat command. By default, the mode bits on the SalvageLog file grant the required "r" (read) permission to all users. The Salvager records operations only as it completes them, and cannot recover from failures by reviewing the file. The log contents are useful for administrative evaluation of process failures and other problems. SEE ALSO
UserList(5), bos_getlog(8), salvager(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 SALVAGELOG(5)