Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Handling parameters in Shell Functions Post 302402418 by bharath.gct on Wednesday 10th of March 2010 12:38:59 AM
Old 03-10-2010
Thanks Scott!

But what if I want to have the Arrays defined and initialised within PrintMe() itself?

My requirement is to call the function with a prefix and the function will do the following:

1. Declare, Define and Initialize 3 arrays with names
<prefix>_file_array
<prefix>_db_array
<prefix>_table_array

2. Fetch user input into the file array and fill the other 2 arrays with file array values.

3. Define a variable namely <prefix>_count and calculate the count of array (all 3 arrays have the same count) into the variable.

4. Return the <prefix>_count variable to the calling part.

Let me know for any questions.

thanks again in advance!!!

---------- Post updated 03-10-10 at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous update was 03-09-10 at 08:03 PM ----------

Can someone please help me with this? Needing this requirement be implemented soon. Appreciate any help on it. Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing command line parameters to functions - sh

All, I have a sh script of the following tune: function a () { #functionality.. } function b () { #functionnlity.. } function check () { # this function checks for env and if all fine call build } function usage () { #sh usage details } function build () { #calls either a or b or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script functions

Simple shell script : date test_fn() { echo "function within test shell script " } on the shell prompt I run > . test Then I invoke the function on the command line as below : test_fn() It echos the line function within test shell script and works as expected. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_subrahmanian
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

functions in c shell??

i've been told that c shell does not support functions/subroutines is that true? if not can somebody give me the basic syntax for creating a function. it would very much appreciated! thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ballazrus
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Functions in C-Shell

Hi All, I have a very long code called myfunction -> "if ..... else if .... else if ..end if " And i have several other codes which need to call the "myfunction" code. How can C-shell call a function "B]myfunction" ? Can any body give me an example ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raynon
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling shell functions from another shell script

Hi, I have a query .. i have 2 scripts say 1.sh and 2.sh 1.sh contains many functions written using shell scripts. 2.sh is a script which needs to call the functions definded in 1.sh function calls are with arguments. Can some one tell me how to call the functions from 2.sh? Thanks in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the List of functions with modified parameters

Hi I have 2 files a.c and a.bak where I changed long to int using awk script. I want to get the list of functions whose parameters got modified for eg: fun ( long a, long b ) might be changed to fun ( int a, int b ) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling Parameters in Perl

Hi All, I'm pretty new to the forum and also to UNIX. I have a requirement for which I need some help. I have a script (example.script) where I get user inputs using the read command. I would need to pass the read-fetched input to a perl command (explained below) in my script. The part which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.gct
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute functions or initiate functions as command line parameters for below requirement?

I have 7 functions those need to be executed as command line inputs, I tried with below code it’s not executing function. If I run the ./script 2 then fun2 should execute , how to initiate that function I tried case and if else also, how to initiate function from command line if then... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass parameters to a function and running functions in parallel

Hi , I have a script which is using a text file as I/P. I want a code where it reads n lines from this file and pass the parameters to a function and now this script should run in such a way where a function can be called in parallel with different parameters. Please find below my script, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python passing multiple parameters to functions

Hi, I am a beginner in python programming. In my python script have a main function which calls several other functions. The main function gets its input by reading lines from a input text file. I call the main function for every line in input text file through a loop. def main(line): var1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrld
6 Replies
One-time execution(3)						   globus common					     One-time execution(3)

NAME
One-time execution - Data Structures union globus_thread_once_t Thread once structure. Macros #define GLOBUS_THREAD_ONCE_INIT { .none = 0 } Functions int globus_thread_once (globus_thread_once_t *once, void(*init_routine)(void)) Detailed Description The globus_thread_once_t provides a way for applications and libraries to execute some code exactly one time, independent of the number of threads which attempt to execute it. To use this, statically initialize a globus_thread_once_t control with the value GLOBUS_THREAD_ONCE_INIT, and pass a pointer to a function to execute once, along with the control, to globus_thread_once(). Macro Definition Documentation #define GLOBUS_THREAD_ONCE_INIT { .none = 0 } Thread once initializer value. Function Documentation int globus_thread_once (globus_thread_once_t *once, void(*)(void)init_routine) Execute a function one time. .PP The globus_thread_once() function will execute the function pointed to by its @a init_routine parameter one time for each unique globus_thread_once_t object passed to it, independent of the number of threads calling it. The @a once value must be a static value initialized to GLOBUS_THREAD_ONCE_INIT. Parameters: once A pointer to the value used to govern whether the function passed via the init_routine parameter has executed. init_routine Function to execute one time. It is called with no parameters. Returns: On success, globus_thread_once() guarantees that the function pointed to by init_routine has run, and that subsequent calls to globus_thread_once() with the same value of once will not execute that function, and returns GLOBUS_SUCCESS. If an error occurs, globus_thread_once() returns an implementation-specific non-zero error value. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for globus common from the source code. Version 14.7 Tue Nov 27 2012 One-time execution(3)