Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Large file move from one server to another Post 302400954 by jgt on Thursday 4th of March 2010 03:09:06 PM
Old 03-04-2010
Why not copy the file to a tape or dual layer dvd (assuming the file will compress to 9gb)

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to move a file from one server to another server using FTP in shell script?

I have a file --> file1.txt i need to copy this file to another server using FTP....the 2 servers are server1 and server2..may i know how to write a script that can do this? thanks in advance! Im a newbie to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move Large files

Hi, Im running (on AIX 5.2) a script which moves 16 large files (up to 1 Go each). It uses the 'mv' command and runs during 30 minutes. I would like to improve this by using something else faster. Any ideas ? Thx in advance ! T (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tony_soprano
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move file from 1 server to another

I have built out 2 servers on the same LAN. I'm connecting with ssh from my laptop remotely. I need to copy a file from one server to another. How do I do that? I'd also like to know how to copy a directory. thanks. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: woody62
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

5. AIX

Large Data move from Win to AIX

Hi All, I have a requirement to move a large amount of data *approx 160 GB* from a windows formatted SAN to AIX. The data is made up of several hundred thousand small files. Does anyone have a recommendation for the best tool or best procedure for this? Regards, Neil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stewartna77
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove the special characters and move the file into another server

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: number10
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to move the older than 30 file to another ftp server

Hi All I need to move the older than 30 days file to another ftp server. I have source structure like this Files folder Folder1 Folder2 Folder3 I need to create same Target structure and I need to move the older than 30 day file to another ftp server, can you please suggest me how I develop... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murari83.ds
1 Replies
ECM-COMPRESS(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   ECM-COMPRESS(1)

NAME
ecm-compress - selectively strips error correction codes from CD images SYNOPSIS
ecm-compress cdimagefile [ecmfile] DESCRIPTION
ecm-compress reduces the size of a CD image file (ISO, BIN, CDI, NRG, CCD or any other format that uses raw sectors) by eliminating the Error Correction Codes (EEC) and Error Detection Codes (EDC) from each sector when possible. Since the data ecm-compress strips is usually nearly impossible to compress with traditional tools, the resulting ECM file will compress far better than the raw CD image. Hard drives already have mechanisms to protect data integrity, EEC/EDC data can thus be discarded safely. This data can then be generated again using the command ecm-uncompress. Because ecm-compress only discards EDC/ECC data for sectors where it's verifiably possible to recreate that data, the process is lossless. In case of copy protection, ecm-compress will preserve the bogus data. EXAMPLES
ecm-compress foo.bin strips the ECC/EDC data from the foo.bin CD image and save the resulting file as foo.bin.ecm ecm-compress foo.img foobar strips the ECC/EDC data from the foo.img CD image and save the resulting file as foobar SEE ALSO
ecm-uncompress(1). AUTHOR
ecm-compress was written by Neill Corlett. This manual page was written by Loic Martin <loic.martin3@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others), using the docu- mentation written by ECM author Neill Corlett. December 22, 2008 ECM-COMPRESS(1)