Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Large file move from one server to another Post 302400941 by juredd1 on Thursday 4th of March 2010 02:49:21 PM
Old 03-04-2010
I am sure you can use either interface, I can't give you much guidance on the command line as I use the web interface primarily. If you decide to choose the Tivoli option you will need to make changes to your dsm.sys file for the redirected restore. So backup the file from Server B and then modify the dsm.sys file on Server B so when you attempt the restore it will restore to Server A instead of Server B.

---------- Post updated at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:34 PM ----------

One other thought, depending your network speed I am not sure that you wouldn't be almost as well off using scp with the -C flag (Compression enables) in lieu of NFS. Depending on if the file is already compressed. Your call.

Last edited by juredd1; 03-04-2010 at 03:41 PM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to move a file from one server to another server using FTP in shell script?

I have a file --> file1.txt i need to copy this file to another server using FTP....the 2 servers are server1 and server2..may i know how to write a script that can do this? thanks in advance! Im a newbie to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move Large files

Hi, Im running (on AIX 5.2) a script which moves 16 large files (up to 1 Go each). It uses the 'mv' command and runs during 30 minutes. I would like to improve this by using something else faster. Any ideas ? Thx in advance ! T (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tony_soprano
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move file from 1 server to another

I have built out 2 servers on the same LAN. I'm connecting with ssh from my laptop remotely. I need to copy a file from one server to another. How do I do that? I'd also like to know how to copy a directory. thanks. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: woody62
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

5. AIX

Large Data move from Win to AIX

Hi All, I have a requirement to move a large amount of data *approx 160 GB* from a windows formatted SAN to AIX. The data is made up of several hundred thousand small files. Does anyone have a recommendation for the best tool or best procedure for this? Regards, Neil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stewartna77
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove the special characters and move the file into another server

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: number10
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to move the older than 30 file to another ftp server

Hi All I need to move the older than 30 days file to another ftp server. I have source structure like this Files folder Folder1 Folder2 Folder3 I need to create same Target structure and I need to move the older than 30 day file to another ftp server, can you please suggest me how I develop... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murari83.ds
1 Replies
XFSINFO(1)						      General Commands Manual							XFSINFO(1)

NAME
xfsinfo - X font server information utility SYNOPSIS
xfsinfo [-server servername] DESCRIPTION
Xfsinfo is a utility for displaying information about an X font server. It is used to examine the capabilities of a server, the predefined values for various parameters used in communicating between clients and the server, and the font catalogues and alternate servers that are available. OPTIONS
-server servername This option specifies the X font server to contact. servername must be specified in one of the formats defined in the Font Server Names section of X(7). If not specified, the server name in the FONTSERVER environment variable is used. HISTORY
Xfsinfo was originally called fsinfo. It was renamed to avoid a clash with the fsinfo utility from the Berkeley automounter amd. EXAMPLE
The following shows a sample produced by xfsinfo. example% xfsinfo -server hansen:7100 name of server: hansen:7100 version number: 1 vendor string: Font Server Prototype vendor release number: 17 maximum request size: 16384 longwords (65536 bytes) number of catalogues: 1 all Number of alternate servers: 2 #0 hansen:7101 #1 hansen:7102 number of extensions: 0 ENVIRONMENT
FONTSERVER To get the default fontserver. The server name must be specified in one of the formats defined in the Font Server Names section of X(7). SEE ALSO
xfs(1), fslsfonts(1), X(7). AUTHOR
Dave Lemke, Network Computing Devices, Inc X Version 11 xfsinfo 1.0.3 XFSINFO(1)