Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Large file move from one server to another Post 302400932 by tfort73 on Thursday 4th of March 2010 01:43:02 PM
Old 03-04-2010
Large file move from one server to another

I Have two AIX 5.3 servers. I want to move a 45GB file from Server B to Server A. Can I achieve this with using Tivoli? Or how could I achieve this, by mounting a directory from server B to server A?

Any help apreciated!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to move a file from one server to another server using FTP in shell script?

I have a file --> file1.txt i need to copy this file to another server using FTP....the 2 servers are server1 and server2..may i know how to write a script that can do this? thanks in advance! Im a newbie to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move Large files

Hi, Im running (on AIX 5.2) a script which moves 16 large files (up to 1 Go each). It uses the 'mv' command and runs during 30 minutes. I would like to improve this by using something else faster. Any ideas ? Thx in advance ! T (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tony_soprano
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move file from 1 server to another

I have built out 2 servers on the same LAN. I'm connecting with ssh from my laptop remotely. I need to copy a file from one server to another. How do I do that? I'd also like to know how to copy a directory. thanks. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: woody62
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

5. AIX

Large Data move from Win to AIX

Hi All, I have a requirement to move a large amount of data *approx 160 GB* from a windows formatted SAN to AIX. The data is made up of several hundred thousand small files. Does anyone have a recommendation for the best tool or best procedure for this? Regards, Neil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stewartna77
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove the special characters and move the file into another server

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: number10
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to move the older than 30 file to another ftp server

Hi All I need to move the older than 30 days file to another ftp server. I have source structure like this Files folder Folder1 Folder2 Folder3 I need to create same Target structure and I need to move the older than 30 day file to another ftp server, can you please suggest me how I develop... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murari83.ds
1 Replies
datacopy(1)							 FreeTDS Utilities						       datacopy(1)

NAME
datacopy - move table data between two servers SYNOPSIS
datacopy { -t | -a | -c owner } [-b batchsize] [-p packetsize] [-v] [-d] [-S server/username/password/database/table_or_view] [-D server/username/password/database/table] DESCRIPTION
datacopy is a utility distributed with FreeTDS. datacopy will move table data from one server to another without the need for intermediate files. datacopy is much faster and more efficient than is freebcp out/in. datacopy makes use of the db-lib bcp API built into FreeTDS. This API is also available to application developers. datacopy can be used to migrate data between Sybase ASE and SQL Server or vice versa. OPTIONS
-t Truncate target table before loading data. -a Append data to target table. -c owner Create the target table with the same schema as the source table. datacopy will submit a 'create table' command on the target server/database using the specified owner in the command, e.g. CREATE TABLE owner.table (...). -b batchsize The number of rows per batch of data copied. Each batch of data is effectively 'committed' to the database. The default is 1000. -p packetsize The number of bytes, per network packet, sent to and from the servers. Increased packet size can enhance performance. -v Produce verbose output, including diagnostic timings. -d Produce freetds TDSDUMP output. (Serious debug only!) -S server/username/password/database/table_or_view The connection information for the source server and the location/name of the table (or view) to be copied. If not specified, data- copy will prompt the user for the information. -D server/username/password/database/table The connection information for the destination server and the location/name of the target table. If not specified, datacopy will prompt the user for the information. SEE ALSO
freebcp(1), defncopy(1), bsqldb(1), tsql(1), FreeTDS User Guide. HISTORY
datacopy first appeared in FreeTDS 0.64. AUTHORS
The datacopy utility was written by Bill Thompson (thompbil@exchange.uk.ml.com). doc 13 November 2011 datacopy(1)