Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sudo must be setuid root.
Operating Systems AIX sudo must be setuid root. Post 302399446 by ITHelper on Sunday 28th of February 2010 04:52:51 AM
Old 02-28-2010
Thank you very match .......

problem was in the owner of this file /opt/freeware/bin/sudo

---s--x--x 1 bin bin 114730 Jul 07 2005 /opt/freeware/bin/sudo

chown root:system /opt/freeware/bin/sudo

ls -la /opt/freeware/bin/sudo

---s--x--x 1 root system 114730 Jul 07 2005 /opt/freeware/bin/sudo

sudo is working fain now ................ solved
ITHelper

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setuid root and chown

I am trying to run chown and chmod from a script owned by root. The permissions are set to 4755 so that users can execute the script as root. However, when I run the script as a user other than root, I get "Operation not permitted" for both chown and chmod. Any ideas as to why this is? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmsucpe
6 Replies

2. Linux

sudo, root password

Hi all.. I'm secering a RH 2.1 server, with gnome (not my choice...), as X manager. Is ther anyway to get sudo ask for root password other then the actual user's password? Like when you launch the graphical IHM to create a new user, it asks for root's password? Is there a way to do the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setuid Program with (-rwsr-sr-x 1 root other ) UID/EUID issue

Hi, I have a program with the following suid setup -rwsr-sr-x 1 root other 653 Aug 16 17:00 restart_server It basically starts up a service that has to be started by root. I just want the normal users to be able to restart the service using the script above. But when the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo/root access

I'm actually working with a Ubuntu-System here and have a question about executing a command with 'sudo'. I tried and got a error message like "not allowed". After this I logged in with 'sudo -s' and typed the command without 'sudo'. This worked well. Can please somebody explain me this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: daWonderer
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo to delegate permission from non-root user to another non-root user

I've been through many threads before i decide to create a separate thread. I can't really find the solution to my (simple) problem. Here's what I'm trying to achieve: As "canar" user I want to run a command, let's say "/opt/ocaml/bin/ocaml" as "duck" user. The only to achieve this is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: canar
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo on becoming root

Anyone able to explain why if i run "sudo -i" or "sudo -s" i am able to get into root by just keying my own password? How to avoid this from happening coz i need all the users to use su - only. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Sudo to user other than root but do not allow sudo to root

I have a set of RHEL 5 boxes running our ERP software on Oracle databases. I need to allow my DBA's to su to oracle and one other account (banner) without knowing the oracle or banner password. But I need to prevent them from su'ing to any other user especially root. I only want them to be able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Sudo access of rm to non-root user

Hello, It is Solaris-10. There is a file as /opt/vpp/dom1.2/pdd/today_23. It is always generated by root, so owned by root only. This file has to be deleted as part of application restart always and that is done by app_user and SA is always involved to do rm on that file. Is it possible to give... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What keeps me from abusing setuid(0) and programs with setuid bit set?

Just learning about the privilege escalation method provided by setuid. Correct me if I am wrong but what it does is change the uid of the current process to whatever uid I set. Right ? So what stops me from writing my own C program and calling setuid(0) within it and gaining root privileges ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sudo to root, but keep my own aliases?

I have a coworker that has set up some funky aliases in /etc/bash.alias, and he insists on leaving them that way. For example he aliased "ll" to "ls -lahtr", which really bugs me. Anyway, I was wondering if there were a way for me to sudo to root without reading /etc/bash.alias, or maybe have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
6 Replies
XCODE-SELECT(1) 					    BSD General Commands Manual 					   XCODE-SELECT(1)

NAME
xcode-select - Manages the active developer directory for Xcode and BSD tools. SYNOPSIS
xcode-select [-h|--help] [-s|--switch <path>] [-p|--print-path] [-v|--version] DESCRIPTION
xcode-select controls the location of the developer directory used by xcrun(1), xcodebuild(1), cc(1), and other Xcode and BSD development tools. This also controls the locations that are searched for by man(1) for developer tool manpages. This allows you to easily switch between different versions of the Xcode tools and can be used to update the path to the Xcode if it is moved after installation. Usage When multiple Xcode applications are installed on a system (e.g. /Applications/Xcode.app, containing the latest Xcode, and /Applica- tions/Xcode-beta.app containing a beta) use xcode-select --switch path/to/Xcode.app to specify the Xcode that you wish to use for command line developer tools. After setting a developer directory, all of the xcode-select provided developer tool shims (see FILES) will automatically invoke the ver- sion of the tool inside the selected developer directory. Your own scripts, makefiles, and other tools can also use xcrun(1) to easily lookup tools inside the active developer directory, making it easy to switch them between different versions of the Xcode tools and allow- ing them to function properly on systems where the Xcode application has been installed to a non-default location. OPTIONS
-h, --help Prints the usage message. -s <path>, --switch <path> Sets the active developer directory to the given path, for example /Applications/Xcode-beta.app. This command must be run with supe- ruser permissions (see sudo(8)), and will affect all users on the system. To set the path without superuser permissions or only for the current shell session, use the DEVELOPER_DIR environment variable instead (see ENVIRONMENT). -p, --print-path Prints the path to the currently selected developer directory. This is useful for inspection, but scripts and other tools should use xcrun(1) to locate tool inside the active developer directory. -r, --reset Unsets any user-specified developer directory, so that the developer directory will be found via the default search mechanism. This command must be run with superuser permissions (see sudo(8)), and will affect all users on the system. -v, --version Prints xcode-select version information. --install Opens a user interface dialog to request automatic installation of the command line developer tools. ENVIRONMENT
DEVELOPER_DIR Overrides the active developer directory. When DEVELOPER_DIR is set, its value will be used instead of the system-wide active developer directory. Note that for historical reason, the developer directory is considered to be the Developer content directory inside the Xcode applica- tion (for example /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer). You can set the environment variable to either the actual Developer con- tents directory, or the Xcode application directory -- the xcode-select provided shims will automatically convert the environment vari- able into the full Developer content path. EXAMPLES
xcode-select --switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer Select /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer as the active developer directory. xcode-select --switch /Applications/Xcode.app As above, selects /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer as the active developer directory. The Developer content directory is auto- matically inferred by xcode-select. /usr/bin/xcodebuild Runs xcodebuild out of the active developer directory. /usr/bin/xcrun --find xcodebuild Use xcrun to locate xcodebuild inside the active developer directory. env DEVELOPER_DIR="/Applications/Xcode-beta.app" /usr/bin/xcodebuild Execute xcodebuild using an alternate developer directory. FILES
/usr/bin/xcrun Used to find or run arbitrary commands from the active developer directory. See xcrun(1) for more information. /usr/bin/actool /usr/bin/agvtool /usr/bin/desdp /usr/bin/genstrings /usr/bin/ibtool /usr/bin/ictool /usr/bin/instruments /usr/bin/iprofiler /usr/bin/opendiff /usr/bin/sdef /usr/bin/sdp /usr/bin/stapler /usr/bin/xcodebuild /usr/bin/xed Runs the matching Xcode tool from with the active developer directory. /usr/bin/BuildStrings /usr/bin/CpMac /usr/bin/DeRez /usr/bin/GetFileInfo /usr/bin/MergePef /usr/bin/MvMac /usr/bin/ResMerger /usr/bin/RezDet /usr/bin/RezWack /usr/bin/Rez /usr/bin/SetFile /usr/bin/SplitForks /usr/bin/UnRezWack /usr/bin/ar /usr/bin/as /usr/bin/asa /usr/bin/bison /usr/bin/c89 /usr/bin/c99 /usr/bin/clang++ /usr/bin/clang /usr/bin/cmpdylib /usr/bin/codesign_allocate /usr/bin/cpp /usr/bin/ctags /usr/bin/ctf_insert /usr/bin/dsymutil /usr/bin/dwarfdump /usr/bin/flex++ /usr/bin/flex /usr/bin/g++ /usr/bin/gatherheaderdoc /usr/bin/gcc /usr/bin/gcov /usr/bin/git-cvsserver /usr/bin/git-receive-pack /usr/bin/git-shell /usr/bin/git-upload-archive /usr/bin/git-upload-pack /usr/bin/git /usr/bin/gm4 /usr/bin/gnumake /usr/bin/gperf /usr/bin/hdxml2manxml /usr/bin/headerdoc2html /usr/bin/indent /usr/bin/install_name_tool /usr/bin/ld /usr/bin/lex /usr/bin/libtool /usr/bin/lipo /usr/bin/lldb /usr/bin/lorder /usr/bin/m4 /usr/bin/make /usr/bin/mig /usr/bin/mkdep /usr/bin/nasm /usr/bin/ndisasm /usr/bin/nm /usr/bin/nmedit /usr/bin/objdump /usr/bin/otool /usr/bin/pagestuff /usr/bin/ranlib /usr/bin/rebase /usr/bin/redo_prebinding /usr/bin/resolveLinks /usr/bin/rpcgen /usr/bin/segedit /usr/bin/size /usr/bin/strings /usr/bin/strip /usr/bin/svn /usr/bin/svnadmin /usr/bin/svndumpfilter /usr/bin/svnlook /usr/bin/svnserve /usr/bin/svnsync /usr/bin/svnversion /usr/bin/swift /usr/bin/swiftc /usr/bin/unifdef /usr/bin/unifdefall /usr/bin/xml2man /usr/bin/yacc Runs the matching BSD tool from with the active developer directory. SEE ALSO
xcrun(1), xcodebuild(1) HISTORY
The xcode-select command first appeared in Xcode 3.0. Mac OS X March 08, 2016 XCODE-SELECT(1)