Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sudo must be setuid root.
Operating Systems AIX sudo must be setuid root. Post 302399326 by ITHelper on Saturday 27th of February 2010 08:52:07 AM
Old 02-27-2010
This is my permissions still I'm getting the same ?!! can you please advices in this regard ....

Code:
P690_server/>ls -l /usr/bin/sudo
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     system           27 Aug 18 2009  /usr/bin/sudo -> ../../opt/freeware/bin/sudo

P690_server>sudo -l
Sorry, sudo must be setuid root.

Last edited by ITHelper; 02-27-2010 at 10:02 AM..
ITHelper

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setuid root and chown

I am trying to run chown and chmod from a script owned by root. The permissions are set to 4755 so that users can execute the script as root. However, when I run the script as a user other than root, I get "Operation not permitted" for both chown and chmod. Any ideas as to why this is? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmsucpe
6 Replies

2. Linux

sudo, root password

Hi all.. I'm secering a RH 2.1 server, with gnome (not my choice...), as X manager. Is ther anyway to get sudo ask for root password other then the actual user's password? Like when you launch the graphical IHM to create a new user, it asks for root's password? Is there a way to do the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setuid Program with (-rwsr-sr-x 1 root other ) UID/EUID issue

Hi, I have a program with the following suid setup -rwsr-sr-x 1 root other 653 Aug 16 17:00 restart_server It basically starts up a service that has to be started by root. I just want the normal users to be able to restart the service using the script above. But when the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo/root access

I'm actually working with a Ubuntu-System here and have a question about executing a command with 'sudo'. I tried and got a error message like "not allowed". After this I logged in with 'sudo -s' and typed the command without 'sudo'. This worked well. Can please somebody explain me this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: daWonderer
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo to delegate permission from non-root user to another non-root user

I've been through many threads before i decide to create a separate thread. I can't really find the solution to my (simple) problem. Here's what I'm trying to achieve: As "canar" user I want to run a command, let's say "/opt/ocaml/bin/ocaml" as "duck" user. The only to achieve this is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: canar
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo on becoming root

Anyone able to explain why if i run "sudo -i" or "sudo -s" i am able to get into root by just keying my own password? How to avoid this from happening coz i need all the users to use su - only. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Sudo to user other than root but do not allow sudo to root

I have a set of RHEL 5 boxes running our ERP software on Oracle databases. I need to allow my DBA's to su to oracle and one other account (banner) without knowing the oracle or banner password. But I need to prevent them from su'ing to any other user especially root. I only want them to be able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Sudo access of rm to non-root user

Hello, It is Solaris-10. There is a file as /opt/vpp/dom1.2/pdd/today_23. It is always generated by root, so owned by root only. This file has to be deleted as part of application restart always and that is done by app_user and SA is always involved to do rm on that file. Is it possible to give... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What keeps me from abusing setuid(0) and programs with setuid bit set?

Just learning about the privilege escalation method provided by setuid. Correct me if I am wrong but what it does is change the uid of the current process to whatever uid I set. Right ? So what stops me from writing my own C program and calling setuid(0) within it and gaining root privileges ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sudo to root, but keep my own aliases?

I have a coworker that has set up some funky aliases in /etc/bash.alias, and he insists on leaving them that way. For example he aliased "ll" to "ls -lahtr", which really bugs me. Anyway, I was wondering if there were a way for me to sudo to root without reading /etc/bash.alias, or maybe have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
6 Replies
0STORE-SECURE-ADD(1)													      0STORE-SECURE-ADD(1)

NAME
0store-secure-add -- add an implementation to the system cache SYNOPSIS
0store-secure-add DIGEST DESCRIPTION
This command imports the current directory into the system-wide shared Zero Install cache, as /var/cache/0install.net/implementa- tions/DIGEST. This allows a program downloaded by one user to be shared with other users. The current directory must contain a file called '.manifest' listing all the files to be added (in the format required by DIGEST), and this file must have the given digest. If not, the import is refused. Therefore, it is only possible to add a directory to the cache if its name matches its contents. It is intended that it be safe to grant untrusted users permission to call this command with elevated privileges. To set this up, see below. SETTING UP SHARING
To enable sharing, the system administrator should follow these steps: Create a new system user to own the cache: adduser --system zeroinst Create the shared directory, owned by this new user: mkdir /var/cache/0install.net chown zeroinst /var/cache/0install.net Use visudo(8) to add these lines to /etc/sudoers: Defaults>zeroinst env_reset,always_set_home ALL ALL=(zeroinst) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/0store-secure-add Create a script called 0store-secure-add-helper in PATH to call it. This script must be executable and contain these two lines: #!/bin/sh exec sudo -S -u zeroinst /usr/bin/0store-secure-add "$@" < /dev/null The other Zero Install programs will call this helper script automatically. FILES
/var/cache/0install.net/implementations System-wide Zero Install cache. LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009 Thomas Leonard. You may redistribute copies of this program under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License. BUGS
This program is EXPERIMENTAL. It has not been audited. Do not use it yet in security-critial environments. The env_reset line in sudoers may not be required. sudo(1) seems to do it automatically. If sudo let us check whether we could call a command then we could switch to using it automatically, instead of needing to add the helper script. Currently, sudo delays for one second and writes to auth.log if we try to use this system when it hasn't been set up. Please report bugs to the developer mailing list: http://0install.net/support.html AUTHOR
Zero Install was created by Thomas Leonard. SEE ALSO
0store(1) The Zero Install web-site: http://0install.net Thomas Leonard 2010 0STORE-SECURE-ADD(1)