Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting alias defining problem in .cshrc file Post 302398011 by nir_s on Tuesday 23rd of February 2010 03:28:28 PM
Old 02-23-2010
Hi Panyam,

Thanks , but it still fails:
awk: syntax error near line 1
awk: illegal statement near line 1

Thanks in advance,
Nir

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set the CVSROOT in the .cshrc file?

I am learning the CVS in Unix now, but in the book it said I need to add the CVSROOT to the end of the .cshrc file. I had use emacs to edit it and add CVSROOT=/CVS, but when I run script .cshrc then it said CVSROOT=/CVS: Command not found. I had already think that for a hour, so could any person... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a8111978
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting/Filed Defining/Output problem

need a little help with a few tid bits. I wrote a script that checks the resoluion of image files and writes them out to a file then sorts the resolutions by largets Width. Then take the sorted files information and toss all the 835 widths into a seperate file. Ignore the redundancies its a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TiredOrangeCat
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

word too long..problem while sourcing .cshrc

I am setting my PATH & LD_LIBRARY_PATH through .cshrc file while sourcing it on a old shell i am getting the error word too long .and the changes which i anm doing doesn't get updated . i am in a multi user environment so the only way to do the changes only for my shell is to do it that way. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mobydick
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem defining remote printers on solaris 10

Good morning, I have a server with solaris 10 that I want to intall remote printers. I started lpsched deamon without problems with command: svcadm enable application/print/server I want to install printers that are defined locally on print server, so: lpadmin -p <device> -s <print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonovox
2 Replies

5. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

.cshrc file

Hi All, I was hoping someone could help me with the following query I have please in relation to NX Nomachine. Is there a way to get my .cshrc file in say my “US” home dir” to run when I login to another server e.g say a UK server? Any advise would be much appreciated, thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zainster
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with my .cshrc

Hello everyone, I write a ~/.cshrc for set class path to run my java application. The file is listed below. setenv YFILTER_HOME ~/yfilter-2.0 setenv PATH "$YFILTER_HOME/bin:$PATH" setenv CLASSPATH... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perl0101
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Defining an alias FreeBSD

I have defined this alias as quick way to find out which mount point to use for a USB drive after inserting it: # alias da='dmesg | grep da | grep MB' However, when invoking it, it states the following: # da da: Command not found. Can someone explain what is the issue here and how it can be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

8. Programming

Problem defining a struct

I have the following code and getting the compilation errors baseLib/DynBaseObj.h:80: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(' token baseLib/DynBaseObj.h:89: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(' token baseLib/DynBaseObj.h:101:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Defining variable problem

Hi I'd say I'm having this weird problem where my script isn't taking the value off a variable or printing it. My code is like this: set count_C= `grep -c C mols` set count_H= `grep -c H mols` set count_O= `grep -c O mols` sed -i '7,7 s/$/ $count_C $count_O $count_H/g' input It... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleheen
8 Replies

10. Solaris

CSHRC and PATH problem please help

I'm doing some IVR programming and it uses Solaris 10. I know little about Unix, or CSH, but I think it's a problem with my .cshrc file. I was getting an error: "nstancehomedir/sqllib/bin/db2fupdt: Command not found" and also "set: Syntax error" when I log in. I found db2fupdt in 2 directories,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstevanus
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)