Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: iLO configuration
Operating Systems HP-UX iLO configuration Post 302397819 by ironmask2004 on Tuesday 23rd of February 2010 06:11:37 AM
Old 02-23-2010
check this
also found at
http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/d.../c00553302.pdf

page 19

Configuring the IP address

This step is necessary only if you are using a static IP address. When using dynamic IP addressing, your DHCP server will automatically assign an IP address for iLO 2. HP recommends using DNS or DHCP with iLO 2 to simplify installation
To configure a static IP address, use the iLO 2 RBSU with the following procedure to disable DNS and DHCP and configure the IP address and the subnet mask:

1. Restart or power up the server.
2. Press the F8 key when prompted during POST. The iLO 2 RBSU runs.
3. Select Network>DNS/DHCP, press the Enter key, and then select DHCP Enable. Press the spacebar to turn off DHCP. Be sure that DHCP Enable is set to Off, and save the changes.
4. Select Network>NIC>TCP/IP, press the Enter key, and enter the appropriate information in the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Gateway IP Address fields.
5. Save the changes.
6. Exit iLO 2 RBSU. The changes take effect when you exit iLO 2 RBSU.

regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xhost and ILO

I have an application that requires me to disable the restricted access to the X Server libraries by issuing the 'Xhost +' command from a Console Window. It is important that this command is run from the Console Window and not a Terminal Window otherwise the system complains that DISPLAY is not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
0 Replies

2. Solaris

HP iLO virtual serial port

Greetings All, If someone/anyone reading this post has had success setting up and configuring HP iLO2 CLI virtual serial port for Solaris...please tell how. I'm trying to get a remote console to an HP DL385 server via iLO2 and ssh. The server is running Solaris 10 (11/06), patched to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alias.256
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

iLo RBSU

Hi, I wanted to setup a ilo for an HP 9000 rp 8420 server. Can anyone have an idea on it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
1 Replies

4. Linux

Findout iLO type installed in a machine

I have to write Linux script to findout what kind of ilo is been installed in the given ip address either ilo/LO100 or no device found. IP address will be given in the command line of the script. -> With out log on to the ip address, should get the ilo type installed in that machine. 1. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skmdu
1 Replies

5. Solaris

T5220 ILO not saving static IP

I have a brand new T5220 and I'm trying to configure the ILOM port with a static Ip address via the Serial Management port. I log on as "root" and then enter the commands ( see below) to config the port. When I enter the last command which is " set /SP/network commitpending=true", which I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: danfall4
9 Replies

6. Hardware

Reset ILO password

HI Guys I have forgot my ILO password for REDHAT Linux, Its Protriat HP server. I need to set new password for ILO without installing any RPM like "hponfig".... I need to set password in terminal. please give me steps to change the password waiting for ur replys (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh_krish
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

HP iLO using DHCP & Default Password

Hi, I have two questions about HP system iLO: (1) The <HP iLO 2 User Guide> says "Configure the IP address: This step is necessary only if you are using a static IP address. When using dynamic IP addressing, your DHCP server will automatically assign an IP address for iLO 2. HP recommends using... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hp ilo from Linux

Hi, I want to do momentary press to one server from linux is it possible? I got this command from internet is it correct? or need changes? I also need help how to start and reboot server in hp ilo from linux server. fence_ilo -a 10.1.41.155 -l Admin -p Password (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP DL380 G6 ILO question Linux

Hi, I have Redhat Linux 5.9. I need to connect all the ILO to different switch which can support 1 Gig. How can I find if ILO port can support gigabit? I am on HP website but not able to find anything about this information. Not sure I am looking in the correct place. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

10. HP-UX

Hp rx2620: is possible to access ILO via serial COM1?

Fast question: a bad reset put ilo ip to 127.0.0.1(!) and now i cannot reach via network Is possible to get ilo via serial using COM1/console? I see three console ports on server back side two are standard and one is reachable only with this cable... 403 Forbidden but i don't have this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies
FENCE_AGENT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    FENCE_AGENT(8)

NAME
fence_ilo - Fence agent for HP iLO fence_ilo2 - Fence agent for HP iLO2 (symlink) DESCRIPTION
fence_ilo is an I/O Fencing agent used for HP servers with the Integrated Light Out (iLO) PCI card.The agent opens an SSL connection to the iLO card. Once the SSL connection is established, the agent is able to communicate with the iLO card through an XML stream. fence_ilo accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. Fenced sends parameters through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_ilo can be run by itself with command line options. This is useful for testing and for turning outlets on or off from scripts. Vendor URL: http://www.hp.com PARAMETERS
-a, --ip=[ip] IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. -l, --username=[name] Login Name This parameter is always required. -p, --password=[password] Login password or passphrase -z, --ssl SSL connection (Default Value: 1) -t, --notls Disable TLS negotiation -r, --ribcl-version=[version] Force ribcl version to use -u, --ipport=[port] TCP/UDP port to use for connection with device (Default Value: 443) -4, --inet4-only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only -6, --inet6-only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only -S, --password-script=[script] Script to retrieve password --ssl-secure SSL connection with verifying fence device's certificate --ssl-insecure SSL connection without verifying fence device's certificate -o, --action=[action] Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) -v, --verbose Verbose mode -D, --debug-file=[debugfile] Write debug information to given file -V, --version Display version information and exit -h, --help Display help and exit --power-timeout=[seconds] Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) --shell-timeout=[seconds] Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) --login-timeout=[seconds] Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 10) --power-wait=[seconds] Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) --delay=[seconds] Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) --retry-on=[attempts] Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 3) ACTIONS
on Power on machine. off Power off machine. reboot Reboot machine. status This returns the status of the plug/virtual machine. list List available plugs with aliases/virtual machines if there is support for more then one device. Returns N/A otherwise. monitor Check the health of fence device metadata Display the XML metadata describing this resource. STDIN PARAMETERS
ipaddr IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. login Login Name This parameter is always required. passwd Login password or passphrase ssl SSL connection (Default Value: 1) notls Disable TLS negotiation ribcl Force ribcl version to use ipport TCP/UDP port to use for connection with device (Default Value: 443) inet4_only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only inet6_only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only passwd_script Script to retrieve password ssl_secure SSL connection with verifying fence device's certificate ssl_insecure SSL connection without verifying fence device's certificate action Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) verbose Verbose mode debug Write debug information to given file version Display version information and exit help Display help and exit power_timeout Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) shell_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) login_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 10) power_wait Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) retry_on Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 3) fence_ilo (Fence Agent) 2009-10-20 FENCE_AGENT(8)