Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grep two strings in a file..
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep two strings in a file.. Post 302397659 by devtakh on Tuesday 23rd of February 2010 12:00:32 AM
Old 02-23-2010
Code:
sed -n -e '/Mon Wed 14 [0-9]\{2\}:[0-9]\{2\}:[0-9]\{2\} 2010/p' file1

cheers,
Devaraj Takhellambam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to grep only strings in a file?

Hai, Just want to print only alphanumeric in a file ex:- fdsdsklf#@^%$#hf output:- fdsdsklfhf plz, help me:o (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: balan_mca
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep strings from file and put in Column

Dear Experts, My file contains below- GET:SUB:ISI,432350414557432; RESP:0:MD,019352020633:ISI,432350414557432:T11,1:T21,1:T22,1:B16,1:T62,1:BAIC,0:BAOC,1:BOIC,0:BIRO,0:BORO,0:PAID,1; GET:SUB:ISI,432350414581060;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep a string in the lines between 2 strings of a file

Hi , Please help me with the following problem: I have an xml file with the following lines <cisco:name> <cisco:mdNm>Cisco Device 7500 A Series</cisco:mdNm> <cisco:meNm>10.1.100.19</cisco:meNm> <cisco:ehNm>/shelf=1</cisco:ehNm> <cisco:subname> <cisco:sptp>Cisco PortA... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagirathi
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command to find multiple strings in multiple lines in a file.

I want to search files (basically .cc files) in /xx folder and subfolders. Those files (*.cc files) must contain #include "header.h" AND x() function. I am writing it another way to make it clear, I wanna list of *.cc files that have 'header.h' & 'x()'. They must have two strings, header.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritikaSharma
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines in file containing duplicate strings, keeping longer strings

The question is not as simple as the title... I have a file, it looks like this <string name="string1">RZ-LED</string> <string name="string2">2.0</string> <string name="string2">Version 2.0</string> <string name="string3">BP</string> I would like to check for duplicate entries of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and replace multiple strings in a file with multiple filenames in a file

Hi, I have a file containing list of strings like i: Pink Yellow Green and I have file having list of file names in a directory j : a b c d Where j contains of a ,b,c,d are as follows a: Pink (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madabhg
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple strings in a file

Consider i have the below data in my log file. i want to grep using "Monday" and "Working" So the only output i expect is Can you help me with the grep query for Sun Sparc ? Usage: grep -hblcnsviw pattern file . . . (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Use strings from nth field from one file to match strings in entire line in another file, awk

I cannot seem to get what should be a simple awk one-liner to work correctly and cannot figure out why. I would like to use patterns from a specific field in one file as regex to search for matching strings in the entire line ($0) of another file. I would like to output the lines of File2 which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jvoot
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep: Retrieve two strings from one file to find them anyone on line in another file

I am having trouble matching *two* strings from one file anywhere in a line of a second file, and could use some help getting this figured out. My preference would be to use grep for this because I would like to take advantage of its -A option. The latter is due to the fact that I would like both... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
2 Replies

10. Programming

Python or Shell script to Grep strings from input file and output in csv format

Hi Experts, I am writing a python script to grep string from file and display output in csv file as in attached screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gfUUdfmQma33tz65NskThYDhkZUGQO0H/view Input file(result_EPFT_config_device) Below is the python script i have prepared as of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::Currency(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			      Locale::Codes::Currency(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Currency - standard codes for currency identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Currency; $curr = code2currency('usd'); # $curr gets 'US Dollar' $code = currency2code('Euro'); # $code gets 'eur' @codes = all_currency_codes(); @names = all_currency_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Currency" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying currencies and funds, such as those defined in ISO 4217. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 4217 three-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying currencies. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $curr = code2currency('usd','alpha'); $curr = code2currency('usd',LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA This is a set of three-letter (uppercase) codes from ISO 4217 such as EUR for Euro. Two of the codes specified by the standard (XTS which is reserved for testing purposes and XXX which is for transactions where no currency is involved) are omitted. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_CURR_NUMERIC This is the set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 4217. ROUTINES
code2currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) currency2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) currency_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_currency_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_currency_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Currency::rename_currency ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Currency::add_currency ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Currency::delete_currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Currency::add_currency_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Currency::delete_currency_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Currency::rename_currency_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Currency::add_currency_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Currency::delete_currency_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm The ISO 4217 data. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001 Michael Hennecke Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::Currency(3pm)