Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to change folder color in terminal ? Post 302397637 by sauronlord on Monday 22nd of February 2010 09:23:46 PM
Old 02-22-2010
Hi, thanks for the replies..

I have disable the alias color features, from

gls -F --color=tty

to

gls -F

in order to avoid the yellow color highlighted the folder name.

and yeah, when I enter this command , it's showed variable not defined.
echo $LS_COLORS

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change background color in VI editor

Hi, I am new to unix. How can i change the background color in vi? Thank you. -tictactoe (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tictactoe
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Font Color Change Using .profile

Does anyone know how can I change font color, background color etc for a particular user using .profile? Any help is appreciated. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fifo_vs_lifo23
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the font or color of text

Hi Gurus, I have a small requirement where i want to change the color & font of some text in a file. i have a file error.txt which will be created in the script using egrep. After that iam adding these lines at head & tail to that file using the following code awk 'BEGIN{print"Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to have color coded Terminal display,(like linux)

Hi all, I would like to know how to have a color display in the terminal... In the sense that, In many linux terminals,we have color coded for each file type, green for executable ,blue for dirs and so on... I wanted to know how i can have the same arrangement in solaris(b-79a) I am not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

color terminal and tab completion?

hello, i'm a linux zealot (fedora), so i know a some about unix. the company i work for uses HP-UX though and there are a few quirks i'd like smooth out by making them work more like my beloved redhat type systems...=) right now they have all users using ksh and completion is done by hitting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: clockworks
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to set background color in Unix terminal

Hi All, how do I set in .profile file Unix terminal background color = BLUE ? Please advice me. :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change color on another terminal

i already have a running and working script for remote connection. is there a way to change the terminal color everytime I ssh remotely to another server? this is to avoid confusion since I will be using only one server to remotely access around 50 servers (solaris, linux,. etc) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change color when doing echo in tcsh?

Is it possible to change the color when doing an echo? Example, having the following command print in dark blue. echo "Hello" ---------- Post updated at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:25 AM ---------- Just figured out how to do it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Manipulate terminal session background color

Greetings, I know I can manipulate from AppleScript to terminal.app or just run commands from apple script. But what about from a BASH Script. when A user logs in and runs a maintenance utility I have written for them, I want to modify their background color and text color. example; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: doctorfoo1
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies
OCLOCK(1)						      General Commands Manual							 OCLOCK(1)

NAME
oclock - round X clock SYNOPSIS
oclock [-option ... ] DESCRIPTION
Oclock simply displays the current time on an analog display. OPTIONS
-fg color choose a different color for the both hands and the jewel of the clock -bg color choose a different color for the background. -jewel color choose a different color for the jewel on the clock. -minute color choose a different color for the minute hand of the clock. -hour color choose a different color for the hour hand of the clock. -backing { WhenMapped Always NotUseful } selects an appropriate level of backing store. -geometry geometry define the initial window geometry; see X(7). -display display specify the display to use; see X(7). -bd color choose a different color for the window border. -bw width choose a different width for the window border. As the Clock widget changes its border around quite a bit, this is most usefully set to zero. -shape causes the clock to use the Shape extension to create an oval window. This is the default unless the shapeWindow resource is set to false. -noshape causes the clock to not reshape itself and ancestors to exactly fit the outline of the clock. -transparent causes the clock to consist only of the jewel, the hands, and the border. COLORS
If you would like your clock to be viewable in color, include the following in the #ifdef COLOR section you read with xrdb: *customization: -color This will cause oclock to pick up the colors in the app-defaults color customization file: /usr/lib/X11/app-defaults/Clock-color. Below are the default colors: Clock*Background: grey Clock*BorderColor: light blue Clock*hour: yellow Clock*jewel: yellow Clock*minute: yellow SEE ALSO
X(7), X Toolkit documentation AUTHOR
Keith Packard, MIT X Consortium X Version 11 oclock 1.0.3 OCLOCK(1)