Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to change folder color in terminal ? Post 302397419 by jlliagre on Monday 22nd of February 2010 05:48:34 AM
Old 02-22-2010
hergp: The open poster isn't asking about how to have colored output but how to change one of the color used.

sauronlord: The setting might be in .dtprofile or can simply be the default color scheme, if one exists. What says:
Code:
echo $LS_COLORS

?
You can also disable the ls alias and have a regular (b&w) output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change background color in VI editor

Hi, I am new to unix. How can i change the background color in vi? Thank you. -tictactoe (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tictactoe
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Font Color Change Using .profile

Does anyone know how can I change font color, background color etc for a particular user using .profile? Any help is appreciated. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fifo_vs_lifo23
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the font or color of text

Hi Gurus, I have a small requirement where i want to change the color & font of some text in a file. i have a file error.txt which will be created in the script using egrep. After that iam adding these lines at head & tail to that file using the following code awk 'BEGIN{print"Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to have color coded Terminal display,(like linux)

Hi all, I would like to know how to have a color display in the terminal... In the sense that, In many linux terminals,we have color coded for each file type, green for executable ,blue for dirs and so on... I wanted to know how i can have the same arrangement in solaris(b-79a) I am not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

color terminal and tab completion?

hello, i'm a linux zealot (fedora), so i know a some about unix. the company i work for uses HP-UX though and there are a few quirks i'd like smooth out by making them work more like my beloved redhat type systems...=) right now they have all users using ksh and completion is done by hitting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: clockworks
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to set background color in Unix terminal

Hi All, how do I set in .profile file Unix terminal background color = BLUE ? Please advice me. :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change color on another terminal

i already have a running and working script for remote connection. is there a way to change the terminal color everytime I ssh remotely to another server? this is to avoid confusion since I will be using only one server to remotely access around 50 servers (solaris, linux,. etc) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change color when doing echo in tcsh?

Is it possible to change the color when doing an echo? Example, having the following command print in dark blue. echo "Hello" ---------- Post updated at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:25 AM ---------- Just figured out how to do it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Manipulate terminal session background color

Greetings, I know I can manipulate from AppleScript to terminal.app or just run commands from apple script. But what about from a BASH Script. when A user logs in and runs a maintenance utility I have written for them, I want to modify their background color and text color. example; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: doctorfoo1
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies
tk_setPalette(n)					       Tk Built-In Commands						  tk_setPalette(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
tk_setPalette, tk_bisque - Modify the Tk color palette SYNOPSIS
tk_setPalette background tk_setPalette name value ?name value ...? tk_bisque _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The tk_setPalette procedure changes the color scheme for Tk. It does this by modifying the colors of existing widgets and by changing the option database so that future widgets will use the new color scheme. If tk_setPalette is invoked with a single argument, the argument is the name of a color to use as the normal background color; tk_setPalette will compute a complete color palette from this background color. Alternatively, the arguments to tk_setPalette may consist of any number of name-value pairs, where the first argument of the pair is the name of an option in the Tk option database and the second argument is the new value to use for that option. The following database names are currently supported: activeBackground foregroundselectColor activeForeground highlightBackgroundselectBack- ground background highlightColor selectForeground disabledForeground insertBackgroundtroughColor tk_setPalette tries to compute reasonable defaults for any options that you do not specify. You can specify options other than the above ones and Tk will change those options on widgets as well. This feature may be useful if you are using custom widgets with additional color options. Once it has computed the new value to use for each of the color options, tk_setPalette scans the widget hierarchy to modify the options of all existing widgets. For each widget, it checks to see if any of the above options is defined for the widget. If so, and if the option's current value is the default, then the value is changed; if the option has a value other than the default, tk_setPalette will not change it. The default for an option is the one provided by the widget ([lindex [$w configure $option] 3]) unless tk_setPalette has been run pre- viously, in which case it is the value specified in the previous invocation of tk_setPalette. After modifying all the widgets in the application, tk_setPalette adds options to the option database to change the defaults for widgets created in the future. The new options are added at priority widgetDefault, so they will be overridden by options from the .Xdefaults file or options specified on the command-line that creates a widget. The procedure tk_bisque is provided for backward compatibility: it restores the application's colors to the light brown ("bisque") color scheme used in Tk 3.6 and earlier versions. KEYWORDS
bisque, color, palette Tk 4.0 tk_setPalette(n)