Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: TTY Issue with Sunblade 150
Operating Systems Solaris TTY Issue with Sunblade 150 Post 302397280 by reborg on Sunday 21st of February 2010 05:43:46 PM
Old 02-21-2010
About the keyboard. I would try a standard (PC) usb keyboard and a vga monitor plugged in directly. Most USB PC keyboards will work fine as an input device, I have never had any of the problems others have mentioned when using non-sun keyboards ( other than not having the additional keys ).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

regd.sunblade 100

hii alll i have a problem with my sunblade100. when i switch on, no display comes but if i ping from a remote machine its pinging,but iam not able to telent to that sun server,what can be the problem,how can i sort ot this issue 2 thing in usb iam not able to use STOP N (to clear the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
3 Replies

2. Debian

How to install Debian on a SUNBLADE 100?

I have tried to install the Debian distribution for SPARC processor, but is a pian in the neck trying to boot from cdrom or floppy. Please can somebody to help me to know the easiest way to boot and install Debian on a SUNBLADE 100 system? or wich is the best way to installed on this system, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GEIER
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Can SunBlade 150 support 2 x 160GB hard disk

Hi all, I am a newbies here, Have question regards large hard disk install in SunBlade system. Can SunBlade 150 support 2 x 160GB (internal IDE) ? Want to make sure before buy the hard disks. Anyone had experiences configure large hard disk in SunBlade 150 before ? In the SunBlade 150... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ong.kianseng
2 Replies

4. Solaris

SunBlade 2000

Hi guys, I have a SunBlade 2000 that I am trying to configure. It has been configured previously with an IP address, hostname, DNS and so forth. I want to configure it with a new IP address. How can I achieve this? It has been one of the most difficult tasks for me as I am not really... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arkayev
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sunblade 1000

Hi everyone this is my first post I have used linux a couple of times and was impressed, so i bought an old sunblade 1000, just to learn something new. I cannot get the thing to work! I have tried to install solaris 10 and several types of linux. I am beginning to wonder if i was sold a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kawakaze
3 Replies

6. Solaris

PC133 for sunblade 100

Greetings, I was in the mood of upgrading my sunblade100 in my bedroom, since I recuperated some RAM from intel servers, and found myself with what seems to not work (I was hoping to pass from 256Mb to 2GB... and then upgrading to solaris 10...) after this failure I tried with just one 512 MB,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbe
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Cloning a Sunblade 2500

Good Morning, I took a mirror drive from one Solaris 9 machine and used it to set up another. After syncing another mirror on the second machine I restarted but I don't get a login screen. I see a message:The X-server cannot be started on display :0 Also during startup I see:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ufsrestore on SunBlade 2500

Good Afternoon, I'm setting up a SunBlade 2500 using ufsrestoreand have gotten to the point where I have restored the root and usr partitions. However, the machine keeps rebooting, never really coming up. Looking at vfstab, it looks pretty empty- shouldn't I see entries like... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
22 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python: Redirecting to tty and reading from tty

In bash, you can do something like this: #!/bin/bash echo -n "What is your name? " > /dev/tty read thename < /dev/tty How can I do the same in python? I have a python script that has the following content: #!/usr/bin/python2.7 import getpass import sys import telnetlib import... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

SunBlade 150 can't start openwin: /usr/openwin/bin/xinit: Server error.

Hi. I have a Microsystems SunBlade 150 shell# cat /etc/release Solaris 8 2/02 s28s_u7wos_08a SPARC shell# uname -a SunOS HOSTNAME 5.8 Generic_108528-14 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100 shell# prtconf -F /pci@1f,0/SUNW,m64B@13:m640 When I join to the only account the server try to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegroup
5 Replies
UKBD(4)                                                    BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                    UKBD(4)

NAME
ukbd -- USB keyboard driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device ukbd Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): ukbd_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The ukbd driver provides support for keyboards that attach to the USB port. usb(4) and one of uhci(4) or ohci(4) must be configured in the kernel as well. CONFIGURATION
By default, the keyboard subsystem does not create the appropriate devices yet. Make sure you reconfigure your kernel with the following option in the kernel config file: options KBD_INSTALL_CDEV If both an AT keyboard USB keyboards are used at the same time, the AT keyboard will appear as kbd0 in /dev. The USB keyboards will be kbd1, kbd2, etc. You can see some information about the keyboard with the following command: kbdcontrol -i < /dev/kbd1 or load a keymap with kbdcontrol -l keymaps/pt.iso < /dev/kbd1 See kbdcontrol(1) for more possible options. You can swap console keyboards by using the command kbdcontrol -k /dev/kbd1 From this point on, the first USB keyboard will be the keyboard to be used by the console. If you want to use a USB keyboard as your default and not use an AT keyboard at all, you will have to remove the device atkbd line from the kernel configuration file. Because of the device initialization order, the USB keyboard will be detected after the console driver initial- izes itself and you have to explicitly tell the console driver to use the existence of the USB keyboard. This can be done in one of the fol- lowing two ways. Run the following command as a part of system initialization: kbdcontrol -k /dev/kbd0 < /dev/ttyv0 > /dev/null (Note that as the USB keyboard is the only keyboard, it is accessed as /dev/kbd0) or otherwise tell the console driver to periodically look for a keyboard by setting a flag in the kernel configuration file: device sc0 at isa? flags 0x100 With the above flag, the console driver will try to detect any keyboard in the system if it did not detect one while it was initialized at boot time. DRIVER CONFIGURATION
options KBD_INSTALL_CDEV Make the keyboards available through a character device in /dev. options UKBD_DFLT_KEYMAP makeoptions UKBD_DFLT_KEYMAP=fr.iso The above lines will put the French ISO keymap in the ukbd driver. You can specify any keymap in /usr/share/syscons/keymaps with this option. options KBD_DISABLE_KEYMAP_LOADING Do not allow the user to change the keymap. Note that these options also affect the AT keyboard driver, atkbd(4). FILES
/dev/kbd* blocking device nodes EXAMPLES
device ukbd Add the ukbd driver to the kernel. SEE ALSO
kbdcontrol(1), ohci(4), syscons(4), uhci(4), usb(4), config(8) AUTHORS
The ukbd driver was written by Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se> for NetBSD and was substantially rewritten for FreeBSD by Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>. This manual page was written by Nick Hibma <n_hibma@FreeBSD.org> with a large amount of input from Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>. BSD November 22, 2006 BSD