Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ldom reboot command
Operating Systems Solaris ldom reboot command Post 302396657 by baykan on Friday 19th of February 2010 03:41:58 AM
Old 02-19-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by vino_hymi
Hi,

What is the command to reboot the guest ldom domain in solaris m/c?

Regards,
Vinodh' Kumar
Hi ,

On primary domain u can use following for stop/start etc..
Code:
erb aliases:
        Alias          Verb
        -----          -------
        rm             remove
        ls             list

Command aliases:
        Alias          Command
        -----          -------
        cancel-op      cancel-operation
        create         add-domain
        modify         set-domain
        destroy        remove-domain
        remove-reconf  cancel-reconf
        start          start-domain
        stop           stop-domain
        bind           bind-domain
        unbind         unbind-domain
        panic          panic-domain
        migrate        migrate-domain

But for reboot u can run #init 6 or #reboot on guest domain ...

Last edited by Scott; 02-19-2010 at 05:50 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Issues with "SU - userid -c command" on system reboot

Hi All! My db2 is started in the AIX /etc/inittab on systemreboot as follows db3:2:once:su - db2inst3 -c db2start >/dev/console 2>1 I changed the .profile of db2inst3 to put an alias to the db2start command as follows alias db2start="/usr/bin/ksh /home/db2inst3/sample/db2start.ksh" When... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: voorkey
1 Replies

2. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

3. Solaris

uptime and last reboot command in solaris

Hi, Can someone explain in detail what 'uptime' ,'last reboot' and 'who -b' commands do in solaris. this commands are not executing in every solaris box. why this is happening. Has solaris got some inbuilt commands into it. If yes then where i have found them? Thanks,Soubhik (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: soubmukh
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone help me to convert the date format after get it from the "LAST REBOOT" command.

Can someone help me to convert the date format after get it from the "LAST REBOOT" command. these is the standard output. bash-3.00# last reboot reboot system boot Fri Aug 6 15:07 reboot system down Fri Aug 6 15:04 reboot system boot ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pichitw
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Reboot solaris box(What are all the command outputs)

Hi What are all the command outputs we have to note and keep it for safe before rebooting or shutting down a solaris box (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit script when shutdown or reboot command is given

This is probably a simple question, but I'm new with writing scripts for Linux (IPFire in this case) and Google wasn't helpful with this. When creating a script, what is the best and/or proper way to have it exit automatically if the reboot or shutdown command is given? If that's even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bartgrefte
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Ldom problem

Hi People, I have been trying to learn solaris ldoms, have created one on a T2000 and get the following error when try to install it off DVD WARNING: /virtual-devices@100/channel-devices@200/disk@1: Communication error with Virtual Disk Server using Port 0. Retrying If anyone could help... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
8 Replies
asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)					   User Commands					asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-delete-domain, delete-domain - deletes the givendomain SYNOPSIS
delete-domain [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--domaindir install_dir/domains] domain_name delete-domain deletes the specified domain. The domain must already exist and must be stopped. This command is supported in local mode only. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domain is to be deleted. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not speci- fied, the domain in the default install_dir/domains directory is deleted. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. OPERANDS
domain_name name of the domain. Must be a unique name. Example 1: Using delete-domain asadmin> delete-domain sampleDomain deleted domain sampleDomain successfully Where: the sampleDomain domain is deleted. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-list-domains(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)