Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris The X-Server can not be started on display :0 Post 302396470 by solaris_user on Thursday 18th of February 2010 01:34:21 PM
Old 02-18-2010
Had same problem login as root then move to /etc/X11 and delete xorg.conf

Code:
cd /etc/X11/ && rm xorg.conf

reboot system using shutdown command

Code:
shutdown -y -g0 -i6

upon booting Solaris is going to generate new xorg.conf

**note** for case make a safe copy of original xorg.conf

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display the timestamp of a server UNIX

I can't find the command shell UNIX to display the timestamp of the current date. It's not an option of the commande date. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicolas
3 Replies

2. Solaris

X-SERVER will not display on Solaris 8

Hi, I just installed Solaris 8 (x86) on a PC and I cannot get the X-Server configured: Below is a copy of Xerrors: X_mkdir: No such file or directory X_mkdir: No such file or directory There is no XDISPLAY information for display 0. Check the OWconfig file(s) and try again. Fatal... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: annointed3
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Startup error: The X-server can not be started on display :0...

Earlier today SPARCBOOK 5000 was working, but was asked to upgrade an application on it. 1. uninstalled application 2. loaded latest solaris 8 recommended cluster (downloaded it yesterday). 3. reboot machine after patch update On reboot all looks OK upto the point it attempts to run... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: devonthomas384@
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please get me started on my virtual server

I've been given access to a virtual server. I've worked out how to connect with it using SSH (in my unix terminal window). But I'm clueless about how to continue. The last time I made web services. I had a fancy web-based control panel. Now I just have the command line. There are three... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knownothing
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

need graphical display of Hp server

Hi all, i need graphical display of my Hp server to install oracle software.i connected it through telnet.can we connect from windows client to Hp server through remote desktop connection.please guide.i try a lot to get it. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: younusdba
1 Replies

6. Solaris

X-Server cannot be started on display 0

Iam using a Dell laptop..... i installed Solaris 10.... 'm getting a X-Server cannot be started on display 0 error. Can anyone help me in fixing ??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathnag25
2 Replies

7. Solaris

X-Server can not be started on display 0

hi , I have install Oracle solaris 10 8/11 on intel core i5 server. But its not opening in graphic mode showing message X-Server can not be started on display ... (EE) Unable to locate/open config file Drivers to try are: "intel" "i810" "fbdev" "vesa" vga" (EE) failed to load module "dri"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeeshan047
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL 4 Server con't Started....

Hi Friends, My Server is con't stated..it shows the below error.. Red hat exterprise Linux As Release 4(nahat) kernel 2.6.9-5.ELsmp on an i686 INIT : id "x" respawing too fast :disabled for 5 minutes... Please help help Thanks, Srinivas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinivas814
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

What are Linux configuration changes required after a cloned VM Server is started?

Dear Expert Users, VMware Admin Tool is used to create a "clone" of an existing VM RHEL Server. Now, I have a Project where a cloned VM Server image is started for run . Please share what are all configuration changes required to ensure this runs fine ? I will be grateful for quick and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

X-Server can not be started on display :0

Good Morning, I recently cloned a sunblade 2500 to another sunblade 2500 and had an issue getting the GUI: X-Server can not be started on display :0 The issue was that the first machine had an xvr600 graphics card, and the new machine had an xvr100. Installing a new driver took... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
0 Replies
V4L(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    V4L(4)

NAME
v4l - video4linux driver SYNOPSIS
Section "Module" ... Load "v4l" EndSection DESCRIPTION
v4l is an Xorg driver for video4linux cards. It provides a Xvideo extension port for video overlay. Just add the driver to the module list within the module section of your xorg.conf file if you want to use it. There are no config options. Note that the extmod module is also required for the Xvideo support (and lots of other extensions too). SUPPORTED HARDWARE
The v4l driver works with every piece of hardware which is supported by a video4linux (kernel-) device driver and is able to handle video overlay. bt848/bt878-based TV cards are the most popular hardware these days. CONFIGURATION DETAILS
Please refer to xorg.conf(5) for general configuration details. This section only covers configuration details specific to this driver. SEE ALSO
Xorg(1), xorg.conf(5), xorgconfig(1), Xserver(1), X(7) AUTHORS
Authors include: Gerd Knorr <kraxel@bytesex.org> X Version 11 xf86-video-v4l 0.2.0 V4L(4)