Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris The X-Server can not be started on display :0 Post 302396285 by incredible on Thursday 18th of February 2010 05:52:17 AM
Old 02-18-2010
check the /.login script
'prtconf -v | grep fb' do you get something that resembles
dev_link=/dev/fb
??
Are you trying this on the system console directly?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display the timestamp of a server UNIX

I can't find the command shell UNIX to display the timestamp of the current date. It's not an option of the commande date. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicolas
3 Replies

2. Solaris

X-SERVER will not display on Solaris 8

Hi, I just installed Solaris 8 (x86) on a PC and I cannot get the X-Server configured: Below is a copy of Xerrors: X_mkdir: No such file or directory X_mkdir: No such file or directory There is no XDISPLAY information for display 0. Check the OWconfig file(s) and try again. Fatal... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: annointed3
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Startup error: The X-server can not be started on display :0...

Earlier today SPARCBOOK 5000 was working, but was asked to upgrade an application on it. 1. uninstalled application 2. loaded latest solaris 8 recommended cluster (downloaded it yesterday). 3. reboot machine after patch update On reboot all looks OK upto the point it attempts to run... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: devonthomas384@
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please get me started on my virtual server

I've been given access to a virtual server. I've worked out how to connect with it using SSH (in my unix terminal window). But I'm clueless about how to continue. The last time I made web services. I had a fancy web-based control panel. Now I just have the command line. There are three... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knownothing
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

need graphical display of Hp server

Hi all, i need graphical display of my Hp server to install oracle software.i connected it through telnet.can we connect from windows client to Hp server through remote desktop connection.please guide.i try a lot to get it. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: younusdba
1 Replies

6. Solaris

X-Server cannot be started on display 0

Iam using a Dell laptop..... i installed Solaris 10.... 'm getting a X-Server cannot be started on display 0 error. Can anyone help me in fixing ??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathnag25
2 Replies

7. Solaris

X-Server can not be started on display 0

hi , I have install Oracle solaris 10 8/11 on intel core i5 server. But its not opening in graphic mode showing message X-Server can not be started on display ... (EE) Unable to locate/open config file Drivers to try are: "intel" "i810" "fbdev" "vesa" vga" (EE) failed to load module "dri"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeeshan047
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL 4 Server con't Started....

Hi Friends, My Server is con't stated..it shows the below error.. Red hat exterprise Linux As Release 4(nahat) kernel 2.6.9-5.ELsmp on an i686 INIT : id "x" respawing too fast :disabled for 5 minutes... Please help help Thanks, Srinivas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinivas814
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

What are Linux configuration changes required after a cloned VM Server is started?

Dear Expert Users, VMware Admin Tool is used to create a "clone" of an existing VM RHEL Server. Now, I have a Project where a cloned VM Server image is started for run . Please share what are all configuration changes required to ensure this runs fine ? I will be grateful for quick and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

X-Server can not be started on display :0

Good Morning, I recently cloned a sunblade 2500 to another sunblade 2500 and had an issue getting the GUI: X-Server can not be started on display :0 The issue was that the first machine had an xvr600 graphics card, and the new machine had an xvr100. Installing a new driver took... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
0 Replies
cimserver(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      cimserver(8)

NAME
cimserver - start or stop the CIM Server; display the version number or running status of the CIM Server SYNOPSIS
cimserver [configProperty=value] ... cimserver -s [ shutdownTimeout = value ] cimserver -v cimserver -h cimserver --help cimserver --version cimserver --status Remarks This command can only be executed by a privileged user. DESCRIPTION
The cimserver command provides a command line interface to stop and start the CIM Server, as well as to display the version number or run- ning status of the CIM Server. After installation, the CIM Server must be started using the cimserver command. If the system is rebooted, the CIM Server will automati- cally restart, with the exception of the case where the CIM Server was shutdown prior to the reboot. Generally, once the CIM Server is started, it is expected to be always running and ready to serve CIM requests. However, if the CIM Server must be stopped and restarted, the cimserver command can be used to shutdown the CIM Server gracefully and restart it at a later time. Starting the CIM Server Issuing the cimserver command without any options starts the CIM Server process. When starting the CIM Server using the cimserver command, the <configProperty=value> syntax can be used to set the configuration properties to be used by the CIM Server. It is important to know that the values specified in the cimserver command apply only to the current CIM Server process that gets started. The default values for the configuration properties do not change. For a list of the CIM Server config- uration properties, see the man page for the cimconfig command. Shutting down the CIM Server Issuing the cimserver command with the -s option stops the CIM Server. Optionally, a timeout value can be specified by setting the shut- downTimeout configuration property. Under normal operation, CIM Server should be able to be shutdown fairly quickly without problem. There are, however, situations that may prevent CIM Server from shutting down within a reasonable amount of time. For example, a provider that is not responding to requests, or a provider that is servicing a long-running CIM request. To handle such situations and to ensure that the CIM Server can be shutdown without having the user wait a long period of time (or indefinitely), a shutdown timeout value is used. The shutdown timeout value is the maximum amount of time (in seconds) the user is willing to wait for the CIM Server to complete all the outstanding CIM operation requests before shutting down the CIM Server. If the specified shutdown timeout period expires, the CIM Server will be shutdown even if there are CIM operations in progress. The shutdown timeout value is a CIM Server configuration property (shut- downTimeout ) that can be changed using the command. The default shutdown timeout value is 10 seconds. A timeout value (in seconds) can be specified in the cimserver command to shutdown the CIM Server using the =value> syntax. This overrides the default shutdown timeout value. The minimum timeout value is 2 seconds. While CIM Server is shutting down, a client connection request will result in a connection error (the same as if the CIM Server were not running). For clients who have already established a connection to the CIM Server, new CIM requests will be rejected with a CIM error indicating that the CIM Server is shutting down. When a client receives a response containing a CIM error indicating that the CIM Server is shutting down, it should close the connection and reconnect to CIM Server at a later time. Options The cimserver command recognizes the following options: -v, --version Display the version number or running status of the CIM Server. -h, --help Display the command usage. --status Display the running status of the CIM Server. -s Stop the CIM Server. Specify the timeout value for shutting down the CIM Server. This can only be used in conjunction with the -s option. The minimum timeout value is 2 seconds. If this is not specified, the default configurable timeout value will be used. configProperty=value Set the value for the specified configuration property to be used in starting the CIM Server. EXIT STATUS
The cimserver command returns one of the following values: 0 Success 1 Error The cimserver --status command returns one of the following values: 0 The CIM Server is running 1 Error 2 The CIM Server is not running When an error occurs, an error message is written to stderr and an error value of 1 is returned. DIAGNOSTICS
unable to connect to CIM Server. CIM Server may not be running. The cimserver command was issued to stop the CIM Server when CIM Server was not running. An exit status value of 1 is returned. Error: Bind failed: Failed to bind socket. The cimserver command was issued to start the CIM Server and the CIM Server was already running. An exit status value of 1 is returned. EXAMPLES
Stop the CIM Server with the default timeout value of 10 seconds. cimserver -s Stop the CIM Server with a timeout value of 5 seconds. cimserver -s shutdownTimeout=5 Start the CIM Server. cimserver Start the CIM Server with the configuration property enableNamespaceAuthorization set to true. cimserver enableNamespaceAuthorization=true Display the version number of the CIM Server. This version number is used to identify the release version of the CIM Server in the OpenPe- gasus release. cimserver -v Display the command usage. cimserver -h SEE ALSO
cimconfig(8). cimserver(8)