Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris The X-Server can not be started on display :0 Post 302396255 by wasabihowdi on Thursday 18th of February 2010 04:45:49 AM
Old 02-18-2010
The X-Server can not be started on display :0

Hey Guys,

I have just moved my machine to a new location
and reconfigured my DNS and ip...
and for an unknown reason
I get this X-Server can not be started error on startup.

This is what I got in my Xerrors log:

Quote:
facl: Invalid argument
(failed setting acl on /tmp/wg0000024e to match /dev/fb)
(failed setting acl on /tmp/wg0000024f to match /dev/fb)
(failed setting acl on /tmp/wg00000250 to match /dev/fb)
(failed setting acl on /tmp/wg00000251 to match /dev/fb)
(failed setting acl on /tmp/wg00000252 to match /dev/fb)
Wed Feb 17 11:39:04 2010
error (pid 887): Server unexpectedly died
Wed Feb 17 11:39:09 2010
error (pid 887): Server for display :0 can't be started.
It is possible to start a graphical session (X-Server) manually,
but not automatically upon startup...

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display the timestamp of a server UNIX

I can't find the command shell UNIX to display the timestamp of the current date. It's not an option of the commande date. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicolas
3 Replies

2. Solaris

X-SERVER will not display on Solaris 8

Hi, I just installed Solaris 8 (x86) on a PC and I cannot get the X-Server configured: Below is a copy of Xerrors: X_mkdir: No such file or directory X_mkdir: No such file or directory There is no XDISPLAY information for display 0. Check the OWconfig file(s) and try again. Fatal... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: annointed3
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Startup error: The X-server can not be started on display :0...

Earlier today SPARCBOOK 5000 was working, but was asked to upgrade an application on it. 1. uninstalled application 2. loaded latest solaris 8 recommended cluster (downloaded it yesterday). 3. reboot machine after patch update On reboot all looks OK upto the point it attempts to run... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: devonthomas384@
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please get me started on my virtual server

I've been given access to a virtual server. I've worked out how to connect with it using SSH (in my unix terminal window). But I'm clueless about how to continue. The last time I made web services. I had a fancy web-based control panel. Now I just have the command line. There are three... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knownothing
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

need graphical display of Hp server

Hi all, i need graphical display of my Hp server to install oracle software.i connected it through telnet.can we connect from windows client to Hp server through remote desktop connection.please guide.i try a lot to get it. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: younusdba
1 Replies

6. Solaris

X-Server cannot be started on display 0

Iam using a Dell laptop..... i installed Solaris 10.... 'm getting a X-Server cannot be started on display 0 error. Can anyone help me in fixing ??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathnag25
2 Replies

7. Solaris

X-Server can not be started on display 0

hi , I have install Oracle solaris 10 8/11 on intel core i5 server. But its not opening in graphic mode showing message X-Server can not be started on display ... (EE) Unable to locate/open config file Drivers to try are: "intel" "i810" "fbdev" "vesa" vga" (EE) failed to load module "dri"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeeshan047
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL 4 Server con't Started....

Hi Friends, My Server is con't stated..it shows the below error.. Red hat exterprise Linux As Release 4(nahat) kernel 2.6.9-5.ELsmp on an i686 INIT : id "x" respawing too fast :disabled for 5 minutes... Please help help Thanks, Srinivas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinivas814
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

What are Linux configuration changes required after a cloned VM Server is started?

Dear Expert Users, VMware Admin Tool is used to create a "clone" of an existing VM RHEL Server. Now, I have a Project where a cloned VM Server image is started for run . Please share what are all configuration changes required to ensure this runs fine ? I will be grateful for quick and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

X-Server can not be started on display :0

Good Morning, I recently cloned a sunblade 2500 to another sunblade 2500 and had an issue getting the GUI: X-Server can not be started on display :0 The issue was that the first machine had an xvr600 graphics card, and the new machine had an xvr100. Installing a new driver took... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
0 Replies
FILELOG(5)							AFS File Reference							FILELOG(5)

NAME
FileLog - Traces File Server operations DESCRIPTION
The FileLog file records a trace of File Server (fileserver process) operations on the local machine and describes any error conditions it encounters. If the FileLog file does not already exist in the /var/log/openafs directory when the File Server starts, the server process creates it and writes initial start-up messages to it. If there is an existing file, the File Server renames it to FileLog.old, overwriting the existing FileLog.old file if it exists. The file is in ASCII format. Administrators listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file can use the bos getlog command to display its contents. Alternatively, log onto the file server machine and use a text editor or a file display command such as the UNIX cat command. By default, the mode bits on the FileLog file grant the required "r" (read) permission to all users. The File Server records operations only as it completes them, and cannot recover from failures by reviewing the file. The log contents are useful for administrative evaluation of process failures and other problems. SEE ALSO
UserList(5), bos_getlog(8), fileserver(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FILELOG(5)