Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ldom reboot command
Operating Systems Solaris ldom reboot command Post 302395763 by vino_hymi on Wednesday 17th of February 2010 01:21:07 AM
Old 02-17-2010
ldom reboot command

Hi,

What is the command to reboot the guest ldom domain in solaris m/c?

Regards,
Vinodh' Kumar

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Issues with "SU - userid -c command" on system reboot

Hi All! My db2 is started in the AIX /etc/inittab on systemreboot as follows db3:2:once:su - db2inst3 -c db2start >/dev/console 2>1 I changed the .profile of db2inst3 to put an alias to the db2start command as follows alias db2start="/usr/bin/ksh /home/db2inst3/sample/db2start.ksh" When... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: voorkey
1 Replies

2. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

3. Solaris

uptime and last reboot command in solaris

Hi, Can someone explain in detail what 'uptime' ,'last reboot' and 'who -b' commands do in solaris. this commands are not executing in every solaris box. why this is happening. Has solaris got some inbuilt commands into it. If yes then where i have found them? Thanks,Soubhik (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: soubmukh
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone help me to convert the date format after get it from the "LAST REBOOT" command.

Can someone help me to convert the date format after get it from the "LAST REBOOT" command. these is the standard output. bash-3.00# last reboot reboot system boot Fri Aug 6 15:07 reboot system down Fri Aug 6 15:04 reboot system boot ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pichitw
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Reboot solaris box(What are all the command outputs)

Hi What are all the command outputs we have to note and keep it for safe before rebooting or shutting down a solaris box (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit script when shutdown or reboot command is given

This is probably a simple question, but I'm new with writing scripts for Linux (IPFire in this case) and Google wasn't helpful with this. When creating a script, what is the best and/or proper way to have it exit automatically if the reboot or shutdown command is given? If that's even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bartgrefte
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Ldom problem

Hi People, I have been trying to learn solaris ldoms, have created one on a T2000 and get the following error when try to install it off DVD WARNING: /virtual-devices@100/channel-devices@200/disk@1: Communication error with Virtual Disk Server using Port 0. Retrying If anyone could help... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
8 Replies
XBDBACK(4)						 BSD/xen Kernel Interfaces Manual						XBDBACK(4)

NAME
xbdback -- Xen backend paravirtualized block device interface SYNOPSIS
pseudo-device xbdback DESCRIPTION
The xbdback interface forms the backend part of the paravirtualized drivers used by Xen domains to offer a block device interface, similar to a hard disk. xbdback interfaces are backed either by a physical device directly, or an image file mounted through vnd(4). All xbdback interfaces follow the ``xbdbackXiY'' naming convention, where 'X' represents the guest domain identifier, and 'Y' an arbitrary identifier. This identifier is usually associated to the device node as seen by the guest using major(3) and minor(3) numbers. For example, identifier ``769'' (0x301) means major 3 and minor 1, identified as ``hda1'' under Linux convention. For NetBSD, the guest device name spec- ified in the guest configuration file does not matter, and can be chosen arbitrarily. A xbdback interface will appear as a xbd(4) block device inside a NetBSD guest domain. In the XenStore, xbd and xbdback are identified by ``vbd'' (virtual block device) entries. DIAGNOSTICS
xbd backend: attach device %s (size %d) for domain %d Gives the device used as xbdback interface for the given guest domain, and its size, in bytes. xbd backend 0x%x for domain %d using event channel %d, protocol %s Gives the backend identifier, guest domain ID, event channel ID, and pro- tocol used for block level communication. xbdback %s: can't VOP_OPEN device 0x%x: %d When this message appears in the system message buffer with error 16 (EBUSY), the device is likely to be already mounted. It must be unmounted first, as the system will refuse to open it a second time. SEE ALSO
vnd(4), xbd(4), xenbus(4) HISTORY
The xbdback driver first appeared in NetBSD 4.0. AUTHORS
The xbdback driver was written by Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@NetBSD.org>. BSD
June 7, 2011 BSD