Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Comparing Cluster Members
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing Comparing Cluster Members Post 302395761 by pludi on Wednesday 17th of February 2010 01:15:41 AM
Old 02-17-2010
2 things that come to mind:
  • md5sum and diff, both via SSH. If the checksum doesn't match, compare the files using diff.
  • CVS or Subversion as a central configuration repository. The valid configuration is fetched from there automatically at certain intervals, overwriting any local configuration drift.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Members only forum

The Members Only Forum sub-heading has a spelling mistake. It should read visible. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

Building a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris

Provides a description of how to set up a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

SUN Cluster Vs Veritas Cluster

Dear All, Can anyone explain about Pros and Cons of SUN and Veritas Cluster ? Any comparison chart is highly appreciated. Regards, RAA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAA
4 Replies

4. Linux

members in a group

Hi all, I am new to Linux.Can anyone tell me how to display or list all the members in a group? Thanks in advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arthi
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun cluster and Veritas cluster question.

Yesterday my customer told me to expect a vcs upgrade to happen in the future. He also plans to stop using HDS and move to EMC. Am thinking how to migrate to sun cluster setup instead. My plan as follows leave the existing vcs intact as a fallback plan. Then install and build suncluster on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Thank you members and admins

Got a raise and a formal position of 'unix system engineer' in 2016. I would like to thank you members and admins. This would not be possible without you. I will mention some.. Thank you Don, for making me learn and understand the importance of standards, which i try to apply as much as i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peasant
3 Replies
sccheckd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      sccheckd(1M)

NAME
sccheckd - service for the cluster configuration check utility SYNOPSIS
sccheckd DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. The sccheckd service is the server side of the client-server cluster configuration check utility. This utility is called by the sccheck command. The inetd daemon starts the cluster configuration check service. The service reads the /etc/default/sccheck file at startup and during exe- cution. The service logs diagnostics and error messages to syslog and the console. The sccheckd service has no direct connection to stdin, stdout, or stderr. The sccheckd service exits when the last client connection exits. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsczu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ FILES
/etc/default/sccheck SEE ALSO
Intro(1CL), sccheck(1M), inetd(1M) Sun Cluster 3.2 19 Sep 2006 sccheckd(1M)