Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Resize current window with Curses Post 302393520 by pogdorica on Tuesday 9th of February 2010 03:34:02 AM
Old 02-09-2010
Hi.

Well, i finally havenīt got to resize my xterm terminal with C library Curses, so i have had to do it with "resize command" such as:
Code:
sprintf (vx_sttorden, "resize -s %d %d >/dev/null", 
         p_nuRows, p_nuColumns);

ret = system (vx_sttorden);

Thanks for all.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

curses.h

hi i'd like to know how to draw a rectangle using the curses.h library, you know with all the WINDOW *newwin stuff and all thanx!:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chomano
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

3. Programming

curses & window resize issues

I am writing a program to display a database to the screen(xterm) and want to allow the window resize signal to increase/decrease the amount data that is displayed. I have a signal handler function for catching the SIGWINCH event and calling a function to reallocate the space for the windows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwaz
0 Replies

4. Solaris

CDE loging window resize?

I was asked to display a banner on the CDE login window and I have successfully accomplished that task. This is what I did: 1) made the directory /etc/dt/config/C 2) cp /usr/dt/config/C/Xresources /etc/dt/config/C 3) I edited /etc/dt/config/C/Xresources and ensured the following lines were... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtoba
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CDE loging window resize?

I was asked to display a banner on the CDE login window and I have successfully accomplished that task. This is what I did: 1) made the directory /etc/dt/config/C 2) cp /usr/dt/config/C/Xresources /etc/dt/config/C 3) I edited /etc/dt/config/C/Xresources and ensured the following lines were... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtoba
0 Replies

6. Programming

curses.h

hi all i get a segmentation fault error in the following program. couldn't understand why it happens. can anyone explain what is really happening. s1.c #include<curses.h> main(){ int c; noecho(); cbreak(); c=getch(); printf("%c",(char)c); } I compiled this program as cc s1.c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send characters to current window

Before I re-invent the wheel... I have written an on-screen keyboard & handwriting input client in Java (spare me please, I get paid to write Java and it will take some time to get back up to speed in C & X11). In order to concentrate on the other bits, I took advantage of a hack... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcw
0 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Resize the default window size

Hi, How can I resize the terminal window's default size in CDE (Solaris)? Regards, Sharif. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharif
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Preventing the terminal window to resize

I am running Terminal (xterm) on FreeBSD and XFCE. When opening a new terminal window so that an additional tab appears, the window resizes to become taller and partially hiding behind the task bar. I noticed that Xubuntu has fixed this feature and the window does not resize when opening a second... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies
CURSES_FILEIO(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					  CURSES_FILEIO(3)

NAME
curses_fileio, getwin, putwin -- curses file input/output routines LIBRARY
Curses Library (libcurses, -lcurses) SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> WINDOW * getwin(FILE *fp); int putwin(WINDOW *win, FILE *fp); DESCRIPTION
These functions read and write data to and from files. The getwin() function reads window data that has been stored in the file to which fp points, and then creates a new window using that data. The putwin() function writes window data from the window win to the file pointed to by fp. RETURN VALUES
The getwin() function returns one of the following values: OK The function completed successfully. ERR An error occurred in the function. The putwin() function returns NULL if an error is detected. SEE ALSO
curses_window(3), fread(3), fwrite(3) NOTES
Subwindows can not be created by the getwin() function, nor written by the putwin() function. STANDARDS
The NetBSD Curses library complies with the X/Open Curses specification, part of the Single Unix Specification. HISTORY
These functions first appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BSD
March 31, 2008 BSD