Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Resize current window with Curses Post 302393520 by pogdorica on Tuesday 9th of February 2010 03:34:02 AM
Old 02-09-2010
Hi.

Well, i finally havenīt got to resize my xterm terminal with C library Curses, so i have had to do it with "resize command" such as:
Code:
sprintf (vx_sttorden, "resize -s %d %d >/dev/null", 
         p_nuRows, p_nuColumns);

ret = system (vx_sttorden);

Thanks for all.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

curses.h

hi i'd like to know how to draw a rectangle using the curses.h library, you know with all the WINDOW *newwin stuff and all thanx!:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chomano
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

3. Programming

curses & window resize issues

I am writing a program to display a database to the screen(xterm) and want to allow the window resize signal to increase/decrease the amount data that is displayed. I have a signal handler function for catching the SIGWINCH event and calling a function to reallocate the space for the windows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwaz
0 Replies

4. Solaris

CDE loging window resize?

I was asked to display a banner on the CDE login window and I have successfully accomplished that task. This is what I did: 1) made the directory /etc/dt/config/C 2) cp /usr/dt/config/C/Xresources /etc/dt/config/C 3) I edited /etc/dt/config/C/Xresources and ensured the following lines were... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtoba
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CDE loging window resize?

I was asked to display a banner on the CDE login window and I have successfully accomplished that task. This is what I did: 1) made the directory /etc/dt/config/C 2) cp /usr/dt/config/C/Xresources /etc/dt/config/C 3) I edited /etc/dt/config/C/Xresources and ensured the following lines were... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtoba
0 Replies

6. Programming

curses.h

hi all i get a segmentation fault error in the following program. couldn't understand why it happens. can anyone explain what is really happening. s1.c #include<curses.h> main(){ int c; noecho(); cbreak(); c=getch(); printf("%c",(char)c); } I compiled this program as cc s1.c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send characters to current window

Before I re-invent the wheel... I have written an on-screen keyboard & handwriting input client in Java (spare me please, I get paid to write Java and it will take some time to get back up to speed in C & X11). In order to concentrate on the other bits, I took advantage of a hack... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcw
0 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Resize the default window size

Hi, How can I resize the terminal window's default size in CDE (Solaris)? Regards, Sharif. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharif
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Preventing the terminal window to resize

I am running Terminal (xterm) on FreeBSD and XFCE. When opening a new terminal window so that an additional tab appears, the window resizes to become taller and partially hiding behind the task bar. I noticed that Xubuntu has fixed this feature and the window does not resize when opening a second... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies
RESIZE(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RESIZE(1)

NAME
resize - set environment and terminal settings to current xterm window size SYNOPSIS
resize [ -u | -c ] [ -s [ row col ] ] DESCRIPTION
Resize prints a shell command for setting the appropriate environment variables to indicate the current size of xterm window from which the command is run. For this output to take effect, resize must either be evaluated as part of the command line (usually done with a shell alias or function) or else redirected to a file which can then be read in. From the C shell (usually known as /bin/csh), the following alias could be defined in the user's .cshrc: % alias rs 'set noglob; eval `resize`' After resizing the window, the user would type: % rs Users of versions of the Bourne shell (usually known as /bin/sh) that don't have command functions will need to send the output to a tempo- rary file and then read it back in with the "." command: $ resize > /tmp/out $ . /tmp/out Resize determines the user's current shell by first checking if $SHELL is set, and using that. Otherwise it determines the user's shell by looking in the password file. Generally Bourne-shell variants (including ksh) do not modify $SHELL, so it is possible for resize to be confused if one runs resize from a Bourne shell spawned from a C shell. OPTIONS
The following options may be used with resize: -u This option indicates that Bourne shell commands should be generated even if the user's current shell isn't /bin/sh. -c This option indicates that C shell commands should be generated even if the user's current shell isn't /bin/csh. -s [rows columns] This option indicates that Sun console escape sequences will be used instead of the VT100-style xterm escape codes. If rows and columns are given, resize will ask the xterm to resize itself. However, the window manager may choose to disallow the change. Note that the Sun console escape sequences are recognized by XFree86 xterm and by dtterm. The resize program may be installed as sunsize, which causes makes it assume the -s option. The rows and columns arguments must appear last; though they are normally associated with the -s option, they are parsed separately. FILES
/etc/termcap for the base termcap entry to modify. ~/.cshrc user's alias for the command. ENVIRONMENT
TERM set to "xterm" if not already set. TERMCAP variable set on systems using termcap COLUMNS, LINES variables set on systems using terminfo SEE ALSO
csh(1), tset(1), xterm(1) AUTHORS
Mark Vandevoorde (MIT-Athena), Edward Moy (Berkeley) Copyright (c) 1984, 1985 by X Consortium See X(7) for a complete copyright notice. X Window System RESIZE(1)