Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing What does high performance computing mean? Post 302392885 by Andre_Merzky on Saturday 6th of February 2010 04:30:24 AM
Old 02-06-2010
@Neo:

Oh yes, I can only confirm what you are stating :-) "One persons service is another persons application".

Thanks, Andre.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Performance Problem - High CPU utilization

Hello everybody. I have a problem with my AIX 5.3. Recently my unix shows a high cpu utilization with sar or topas. I need to find what I have to do to solve this problem, in fact, I don't know what is my problem. I had the same problem with another AIX 5.3 running the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilder.mellotto
2 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

IBM Scheduler for High Throughput Computing on IBM Blue Gene P

A lightweight scheduler that supports high-throughput computing (HTC) applications on Blue Gene/P. (NEW: 06/12/2008 in grid) More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

High Performance Computing

I am interested in setting up some High Performance Computing clusters and would like to get people's views and experiences on this. I have 2 requirements: 1. Compute clusters to do fast cpu intensive computations 2. Storage clusters of parallel and extendable filesystems spread across many... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: humbletech99
6 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

High performance Linkpack

hello everyone , Im new to HPL. i wanted to know whether High performance linpack solves linear system of equations for single precision airthmatic on LINUX. it works for double precision , so is there any HPL version which is for single precision.\ thanks . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul_viz
0 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Performance investigation, very high runq-sz %runocc

I've just been handed a hot potato from a colleague who left :(... our client has been complaining about slow performance on one of our servers. I'm not very experienced in investigating performance issues so I hoping someone will be so kind to provide some guidance Here is an overview of the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solarius
8 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

High Performance Linpack Compiling Issue

I'm trying to compile Linpack on a Ubuntu cluster. I'm running MPI. I've modified the following values to fit my system TOPdir MPdir LAlib CC LINKER. When compiling I get the following error: (the error is at the end, the other errors in between are because I've ran the script several times so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPJPJPJP
0 Replies
MSSQL_FREE_RESULT(3)													      MSSQL_FREE_RESULT(3)

mssql_free_result - Free result memory

SYNOPSIS
bool mssql_free_result (resource $result) DESCRIPTION
mssql_free_result(3) only needs to be called if you are worried about using too much memory while your script is running. All result memory will automatically be freed when the script ends. You may call mssql_free_result(3) with the result identifier as an argument and the asso- ciated result memory will be freed. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being freed. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_free_result(3) example <?php // Select some data from a table $query = mssql_query('SELECT * FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]', $link); // Handle query result here // When we're done we free the result by calling // mssql_free_result like so: mssql_free_result($query); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_free_statement(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_FREE_RESULT(3)