Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Good C debugger ?
Top Forums Programming Good C debugger ? Post 302391762 by cyler on Tuesday 2nd of February 2010 12:02:56 PM
Old 02-02-2010
Actually, the problem is using "DOCUMENT_ROOT" because it is apache specific. Using "PATH" works.

So how could I debug my CGI program using apache and using GDB ??? (Like I said, running my CGI w/ Firefox and attaching its PID to GDB does not solve the problem.)

Seems I will have to temporarily substitute the getenv's with strings. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

wdb debugger

Hi all, is it possible to skip a function with the wdb debugger ? could be helpful instead of compiling the whole bunch again does someone know how to do this ? thx Sven (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sven28
4 Replies

2. Programming

how to use a c debugger in linux/unix

can anyone suggest tutorial sites for using c debugger in linux/unix environments (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

where to get Kernel debugger

hi , does anybody know about where to get kernel debugger for linux kernel version 2.6.11. I found it in oss.sgi.com.But there i have to download through ftp,which is not enabled here. So can anybody tell where can i get kdb(kernel debugger)through http. thanks in advance sriram (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.ec
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Kernel debugger

hi, I want to have a debugger for my kernel and I am using kernel-2.6.11 n i am having patches kdb-v4.4-2.6.11-common-1.bz2 kdb-v4.4-2.6.11-i386-1.bz2. I applied both. I did make menuconfig with options CONFIG_KDB n CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER being set. when i tried to compile kernel. I got an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.ec
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix debugger

hello i'm working on cobol with unix just want to know if there is any command in unix that related to debugger i've been told something like anim command i try to search for man anim result :ERROR: Manual entry does not exist for page anim does anyone have an answer ? another thing ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naamas03
1 Replies

6. Programming

multiprocess debugger

Hi, can somebody advise on a better multiprocess debugger? I heard with gdb we face lots of problems in multiprocess scenario currently i am using gdb debugger for a single process multithreaded project.. since i am supposed to work on a multiprocess now, i googled and came across... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

7. Programming

Dbx Debugger

I have tried lots of stuff but i can't get it working, i have also found a Thread in this Forum about it but it didn't describe how the program has to be run ect. My issue is that i want to run a program with multiple arguments eg. ./myprog arg1 arg2 arg3 arg4 arg5 with dbx, but i cant get... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alcatros
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Csharp Debugger

I want to debug my csharp project on solaris. Is anyone can tell me a program or anything else for this?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dConstantine
0 Replies

9. Programming

Alternative debugger to GNU insight debugger

GNU insight debugger is not available now a days and it is required to debug/inspect assembly code as written in the book Assembly Language Programming step by step in Linux so my question is; is there any alternative to insight that I can use instead of insight in which I can get the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
5 Replies

10. Programming

How to use a debugger a piped program ?

Hi, I have 1 program that writes in to the STDIN of another program as shown below. Both programs contain 4 or 5 lines & would terminate in under a second. $ driver.exe | program.exe How is that I can attach the debugger (gdb) to program.exe ? so that I can step through and see what all... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RipClaw
0 Replies
OCAMLDEBUG(1)						      General Commands Manual						     OCAMLDEBUG(1)

NAME
ocamldebug - the OCaml source-level replay debugger. SYNOPSIS
ocamldebug [ options ] program [ arguments ] DESCRIPTION
ocamldebug is the OCaml source-level replay debugger. Before the debugger can be used, the program must be compiled and linked with the -g option: all .cmo and .cma files that are part of the program should have been created with ocamlc -g, and they must be linked together with ocamlc -g. Compiling with -g entails no penalty on the running time of programs: object files and bytecode executable files are bigger and take longer to produce, but the executable files run at exactly the same speed as if they had been compiled without -g. OPTIONS
A summary of options are included below. For a complete description, see the html documentation in the ocaml-doc package. -c count Set the maximum number of simultaneously live checkpoints to count. -cd dir Run the debugger program from the working directory dir, instead of the current working directory. (See also the cd command.) -emacs Tell the debugger it is executed under Emacs. (See The OCaml user's manual for information on how to run the debugger under Emacs.) -I directory Add directory to the list of directories searched for source files and compiled files. (See also the directory command.) -s socket Use socket for communicating with the debugged program. See the description of the command set socket in The OCaml user's manual for the format of socket. -version Print version string and exit. -vnum Print short version number and exit. -help or --help Display a short usage summary and exit. SEE ALSO
ocamlc(1) The OCaml user's manual, chapter "The debugger". AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Sven LUTHER <luther@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). OCAMLDEBUG(1)