Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Read only disks on Linux system Post 302391709 by wbdevilliers on Tuesday 2nd of February 2010 08:58:09 AM
Old 02-02-2010
System mounted the disk as read only due to I/O failure errors...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

donation on hpux system admin cbt disks

Does anyone has a CBT diskett on HPUX admin that you want to donate or sell for $50. I"m a newby admin in need of assistant... thanks..all :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpux2006
0 Replies

2. AIX

system disks on aix 5.3

hello i'm running on P570 box aix 5.3 8 cpus 24G ram there are 1850 users loged in to this box the problem is that the two sysytem disks busy all the time hdisk0 100% busy hdisk1 100% busy some one have an idea what writing to this disks? thanks ariec (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariec
9 Replies

3. Linux

Read data of a page frame (linux) make freeze the system

Hello, I'm writing a linux driver that reading the data of a page frame of an process. But when I use it, it make immediately freeze the system. Can you help me? Thank for reading my question! system: Ubuntu 9.04, kernel 2.6.28.15, Intel Duo static int read_addr(int pid, unsigned long... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hahai
2 Replies

4. SCO

file system not getting mounted in read write mode after system power failure

After System power get failed File system is not getting mounted in read- write mode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtkpmbpl
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to create multiple-boot system with disks mirrored(RAID1+0) and disk alone

I have a HP proliant ML 570 G3 with two 146GB disk drives mirrored(RAID1+0) windows server 2003 was installed on that disk. I will add a disk.(scsi 300GB) I will install Linux on that additional disk. I want to create multiple-boot system. Is it possible? I wanna know how to create... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
0 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios: How to read the Linux system file?

hi 2 all i installed nagios in my linux srvr . check_ftp file is in format of system format . i wants to see the syntax for that script how can i read that file .. ??? please help me ! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Separated hard disks for Operating System and applications - better IO performance ?

Dear all, I would like to ask if there are any positive effects from having a dedicated hard disk for the operating system. The scenario would be to have a dedicated disk for the OS and a dedicated disk for the applications. Do you see any advantages in such a configuration such as better... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: petrospis
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How raw disks are read?

Hi Experts, If I understand correctly in posix standard system calls read/write or pread/pwrite a file descriptor should be sent. How it works in case of raw disk? Are there something like files on raw devices? Or these disks are read just using block coordinates? I want to understand how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sant
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Determining number of hard disks in the system

Hello to all, what is the command in Solaris/Unix which I can use to determine how many hard disks exist in the system? I have tried with different command such as df -lk and similar but cannot know for sure how many actual disks are installed. Commands like # fdisk -l | grep Disk and #... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to scan the disks and make file system

Hi What I'm trying to do(manually) is logging into the server and running the below mentioned commands ls /sys/class/scsi_device/ | while read i; do echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_device/$i/device/rescan;done lsblk echo -e "o\nn\np\n1\n\n\nw" | fdisk /dev/sdd partx -a /dev/sdd1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: James0806
7 Replies
MKDIR(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  MKDIR(2)

NAME
mkdir - create a directory SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/stat.h> #include <sys/types.h> int mkdir(const char *pathname, mode_t mode); DESCRIPTION
mkdir() attempts to create a directory named pathname. The argument mode specifies the permissions to use. It is modified by the process's umask in the usual way: the permissions of the created directory are (mode & ~umask & 0777). Other mode bits of the created directory depend on the operating system. For Linux, see below. The newly created directory will be owned by the effective user ID of the process. If the directory containing the file has the set-group- ID bit set, or if the file system is mounted with BSD group semantics (mount -o bsdgroups or, synonymously mount -o grpid), the new direc- tory will inherit the group ownership from its parent; otherwise it will be owned by the effective group ID of the process. If the parent directory has the set-group-ID bit set then so will the newly created directory. RETURN VALUE
mkdir() returns zero on success, or -1 if an error occurred (in which case, errno is set appropriately). ERRORS
EACCES The parent directory does not allow write permission to the process, or one of the directories in pathname did not allow search per- mission. (See also path_resolution(7).) EEXIST pathname already exists (not necessarily as a directory). This includes the case where pathname is a symbolic link, dangling or not. EFAULT pathname points outside your accessible address space. ELOOP Too many symbolic links were encountered in resolving pathname. EMLINK The number of links to the parent directory would exceed LINK_MAX. ENAMETOOLONG pathname was too long. ENOENT A directory component in pathname does not exist or is a dangling symbolic link. ENOMEM Insufficient kernel memory was available. ENOSPC The device containing pathname has no room for the new directory. ENOSPC The new directory cannot be created because the user's disk quota is exhausted. ENOTDIR A component used as a directory in pathname is not, in fact, a directory. EPERM The file system containing pathname does not support the creation of directories. EROFS pathname refers to a file on a read-only file system. CONFORMING TO
SVr4, BSD, POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
Under Linux apart from the permission bits, only the S_ISVTX mode bit is honored. That is, under Linux the created directory actually gets mode (mode & ~umask & 01777). See also stat(2). There are many infelicities in the protocol underlying NFS. Some of these affect mkdir(). SEE ALSO
mkdir(1), chmod(2), chown(2), mkdirat(2), mknod(2), mount(2), rmdir(2), stat(2), umask(2), unlink(2), path_resolution(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2010-06-26 MKDIR(2)