Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Read only disks on Linux system Post 302391707 by pludi on Tuesday 2nd of February 2010 08:50:44 AM
Old 02-02-2010
Yes. Remount the file system as read-write. That's the best answer I can offer based on the information you've give.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

donation on hpux system admin cbt disks

Does anyone has a CBT diskett on HPUX admin that you want to donate or sell for $50. I"m a newby admin in need of assistant... thanks..all :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpux2006
0 Replies

2. AIX

system disks on aix 5.3

hello i'm running on P570 box aix 5.3 8 cpus 24G ram there are 1850 users loged in to this box the problem is that the two sysytem disks busy all the time hdisk0 100% busy hdisk1 100% busy some one have an idea what writing to this disks? thanks ariec (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariec
9 Replies

3. Linux

Read data of a page frame (linux) make freeze the system

Hello, I'm writing a linux driver that reading the data of a page frame of an process. But when I use it, it make immediately freeze the system. Can you help me? Thank for reading my question! system: Ubuntu 9.04, kernel 2.6.28.15, Intel Duo static int read_addr(int pid, unsigned long... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hahai
2 Replies

4. SCO

file system not getting mounted in read write mode after system power failure

After System power get failed File system is not getting mounted in read- write mode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtkpmbpl
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to create multiple-boot system with disks mirrored(RAID1+0) and disk alone

I have a HP proliant ML 570 G3 with two 146GB disk drives mirrored(RAID1+0) windows server 2003 was installed on that disk. I will add a disk.(scsi 300GB) I will install Linux on that additional disk. I want to create multiple-boot system. Is it possible? I wanna know how to create... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
0 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios: How to read the Linux system file?

hi 2 all i installed nagios in my linux srvr . check_ftp file is in format of system format . i wants to see the syntax for that script how can i read that file .. ??? please help me ! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Separated hard disks for Operating System and applications - better IO performance ?

Dear all, I would like to ask if there are any positive effects from having a dedicated hard disk for the operating system. The scenario would be to have a dedicated disk for the OS and a dedicated disk for the applications. Do you see any advantages in such a configuration such as better... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: petrospis
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How raw disks are read?

Hi Experts, If I understand correctly in posix standard system calls read/write or pread/pwrite a file descriptor should be sent. How it works in case of raw disk? Are there something like files on raw devices? Or these disks are read just using block coordinates? I want to understand how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sant
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Determining number of hard disks in the system

Hello to all, what is the command in Solaris/Unix which I can use to determine how many hard disks exist in the system? I have tried with different command such as df -lk and similar but cannot know for sure how many actual disks are installed. Commands like # fdisk -l | grep Disk and #... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to scan the disks and make file system

Hi What I'm trying to do(manually) is logging into the server and running the below mentioned commands ls /sys/class/scsi_device/ | while read i; do echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_device/$i/device/rescan;done lsblk echo -e "o\nn\np\n1\n\n\nw" | fdisk /dev/sdd partx -a /dev/sdd1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: James0806
7 Replies
mount_udfs(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    mount_udfs(1M)

NAME
mount_udfs - mount a udfs file system SYNOPSIS
mount -F udfs [generic_options] [-o specific_options] [-O] special mount_point mount -F udfs [generic_options] [-o specific_options] [-O] special | mount_point DESCRIPTION
The mount utility attaches a udfs file system to the file system hierarchy at the mount_point, which is the pathname of a directory. If mount_point has any contents prior to the mount operation, these are hidden until the file system is unmounted. If mount is invoked with either special or mount_point as the only arguments, mount searches /etc/vfstab to fill in the missing arguments, including the specific_options. See mount(1M). If special and mount_point are specified without any specific_options, the default is rw. If the directory on which a file system is to be mounted is a symbolic link, the file system is mounted on the directory to which the sym- bolic link refers, rather than on top of the symbolic link itself. OPTIONS
See mount(1M) for the list of supported generic_options. The following options are supported: -o specific_options Specify udfs file system specific options in a comma-separated list with no intervening spaces. The following spe- cific_options are available: m Mount the file system without making an entry in /etc/mnttab. remount Remount the file system as read-write. The option is used in conjunction with the rw option. A file system mounted read-only can be remounted as read-write. This option fails if the file system is not currently mounted. -O Overlay mount. Allow the file system to be mounted over an existing mount point, making the underlying file system inaccessible. If a mount is attempted on a pre-existing mount point without setting this flag, the mount fails, producing the error device busy. FILES
/etc/mnttab Table of mounted file systems /etc/vfstab List of default parameters for each file system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWudf | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fsck(1M), fsck_udfs(1M), mount(1M), mountall(1M), mount(2), mnttab(4), vfstab(4), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
not super user The command is run by a non-root user. Run as root. no such device The device name specified does not exist. not a directory The specified mount point is not a directory. is not an udfs file system The device specified does not contain a udf 1.50 file system or the udfs file system module is not available. is already mounted The specified device is already in use. not a block device The device specified is not a block device. Use block device to mount. write-protected The device is read-only. is corrupted. needs checking The file system is in an inconsistent state. Run fsck. NOTES
Copy-protected files can be stored on DVD-ROM media using Universal Disk Format (UDF). Reading these copy-protected files is not possible as this involves an authentication process. Unless an authentication process between the host and the drive is completed, reading these copy-protected files after mounting and before the authentication process, returns an error. SunOS 5.10 24 Nov 2003 mount_udfs(1M)