Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers the gp command what is it used for Post 302390318 by Yogesh Sawant on Wednesday 27th of January 2010 02:21:24 PM
Old 01-27-2010
that's a PARI-GP calculator program. read here to know more

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign a command line argument and a unix command to awk variables

Hi , I have a piece of code ...wherein I need to assign the following ... 1) A command line argument to a variable e.g origCount=ARGV 2) A unix command to a variable e.g result=`wc -l testFile.txt` in my awk shell script When I do this : print "origCount" origCount --> I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweta_doshi
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 Can anybody help us with a command to retrieve netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 on aix machine. net/subnet address is in the format 172.16.212.0(signifies all 255 machines in an IPv4 network) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix command : how to insert text at the cursor location via command line?

Hi, Well my title isn't very clear I think. So to understand my goal: I have a script "test1" #!/bin/bash xvkbd -text blabla with xbindkeys, I bind F5 key in order it runs my test1 script So when I press F5, test1 runs. I'm under Emacs/Vi and I press F5 in order to have "blabla" be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xib.be
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing command output from one command to the next command in cshell

HI Guys, I hope you are well. I am trying to write a script that gets executed every time i open a shell (cshell). I have two questions about that 1) I need to enter these commands $ echo $DISPLAY $ setenv $DISPLAY output_of_echo_$display_command How can i write a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SH script, variable built command fails, but works at command line

I am working with a sh script on a solaris 9 zone (sol 10 host) that grabs information to build the configuration command line. the variables Build64, SSLopt, CONFIGopt, and CC are populated in the script. the script includes CC=`which gcc` CONFIGopt=' --prefix=/ --exec-prefix=/usr... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

9. AIX

I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1). 0509-150 Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ohmkar
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Another one line command where I'd like to determine if Ubuntu or Red Hat when running command

Hello Forum, I'm making very good progress on my report thanks to the very helpful people on this forum. I've been able to successfully create my report for my Red Hat servers. But I do have a few ubuntu servers in the mix and I'd like to capture some data from them when an ssh connection is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
8 Replies
kstat(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 kstat(1M)

NAME
kstat - display kernel statistics SYNOPSIS
kstat [-lpq] [-T u | d ] [-c class] [-m module] [-i instance] [-n name] [-s statistic] [interval [count]] kstat [-lpq] [-T u | d ] [-c class] [module:instance:name:statistic...] [interval [count]] DESCRIPTION
The kstat utility examines the available kernel statistics, or kstats, on the system and reports those statistics which match the criteria specified on the command line. Each matching statistic is printed with its module, instance, and name fields, as well as its actual value. Kernel statistics may be published by various kernel subsystems, such as drivers or loadable modules; each kstat has a module field that denotes its publisher. Since each module may have countable entities (such as multiple disks associated with the sd(7D) driver) for which it wishes to report statistics, the kstat also has an instance field to index the statistics for each entity; kstat instances are numbered starting from zero. Finally, the kstat is given a name unique within its module. Each kstat may be a special kstat type, an array of name-value pairs, or raw data. In the name-value case, each reported value is given a label, which we refer to as the statistic. Known raw and special kstats are given statistic labels for each of their values by kstat; thus, all published values can be referenced as module:instance:name:statistic. When invoked without any module operands or options, kstat will match all defined statistics on the system. Example invocations are pro- vided below. All times are displayed as fractional seconds since system boot. OPTIONS
The tests specified by the following options are logically ANDed, and all matching kstats will be selected. A regular expression containing shell metacharacters must be protected from the shell by enclosing it with the appropriate quotes. The argument for the -c, -i, -m, -n, and -s options may be specified as a shell glob pattern, or a Perl regular expression enclosed in '/' characters. -c class Displays only kstats that match the specified class. class is a kernel-defined string which classifies the "type" of the kstat. -i instance Displays only kstats that match the specified instance. -l Lists matching kstat names without displaying values. -m module Displays only kstats that match the specified module. -n name Displays only kstats that match the specified name. -p Displays output in parseable format. All example output in this document is given in this format. If this option is not specified, kstat produces output in a human-readable, table format. -q Displays no output, but return appropriate exit status for matches against given criteria. -s statistic Displays only kstats that match the specified statistic. -T d | u Displays a time stamp before each statistics block, either in ctime(3C) format ('d') or as an alphanumeric representation of the value returned by time(2) ('u'). OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: module:instance:name:statistic Alternate method of specifying module, instance, name, and statistic as described above. Each of the mod- ule, instance, name, or statistic specifiers may be a shell glob pattern or a Perl regular expression enclosed by '/' characters. It is possible to use both specifier types within a single operand. Leaving a specifier empty is equivalent to using the '*' glob pattern for that specifier. interval The number of seconds between reports. count The number of reports to be printed. EXAMPLES
In the following examples, all the command lines in a block produce the same output, as shown immediately below. The exact statistics and values will of course vary from machine to machine. Example 1: Using the kstat Command example$ kstat -p -m unix -i 0 -n system_misc -s 'avenrun*' example$ kstat -p -s 'avenrun*' example$ kstat -p 'unix:0:system_misc:avenrun*' example$ kstat -p ':::avenrun*' example$ kstat -p ':::/^avenrun_d+min$/' unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_15min 3 unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_1min 4 unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_5min 2 Example 2: Using the kstat Command example$ kstat -p -m cpu_stat -s 'intr*' example$ kstat -p cpu_stat:::/^intr/ cpu_stat:0:cpu_stat0:intr 29682330 cpu_stat:0:cpu_stat0:intrblk 87 cpu_stat:0:cpu_stat0:intrthread 15054222 cpu_stat:1:cpu_stat1:intr 426073 cpu_stat:1:cpu_stat1:intrblk 51 cpu_stat:1:cpu_stat1:intrthread 289668 cpu_stat:2:cpu_stat2:intr 134160 cpu_stat:2:cpu_stat2:intrblk 0 cpu_stat:2:cpu_stat2:intrthread 131 cpu_stat:3:cpu_stat3:intr 196566 cpu_stat:3:cpu_stat3:intrblk 30 cpu_stat:3:cpu_stat3:intrthread 59626 Example 3: Using the kstat Command example$ kstat -p :::state ':::avenrun*' example$ kstat -p :::state :::/^avenrun/ cpu_info:0:cpu_info0:state on-line cpu_info:1:cpu_info1:state on-line cpu_info:2:cpu_info2:state on-line cpu_info:3:cpu_info3:state on-line unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_15min 4 unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_1min 10 unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_5min 3 Example 4: Using the kstat Command example$ kstat -p 'unix:0:system_misc:avenrun*' 1 3 unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_15min 15 unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_1min 11 unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_5min 21 unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_15min 15 unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_1min 11 unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_5min 21 unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_15min 15 unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_1min 11 unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_5min 21 Example 5: Using the kstat Command example$ kstat -p -T d 'unix:0:system_misc:avenrun*' 5 2 Thu Jul 22 19:39:50 1999 unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_15min 12 unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_1min 0 unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_5min 11 Thu Jul 22 19:39:55 1999 unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_15min 12 unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_1min 0 unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_5min 11 Example 6: Using the kstat Command example$ kstat -p -T u 'unix:0:system_misc:avenrun*' 932668656 unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_15min 14 unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_1min 5 unix:0:system_misc:avenrun_5min 18 EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 One or more statistics were matched. 1 No statistics were matched. 2 Invalid command line options were specified. 3 A fatal error occurred. FILES
/dev/kstat kernel statistics driver ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE |ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sh(1), time(2), ctime(3C)gmatch(3GEN), kstat(3KSTAT), attributes(5), kstat(7D), sd(7D), kstat(9S) NOTES
If the pattern argument contains glob or Perl RE metacharacters which are also shell metacharacters, it will be necessary to enclose the pattern with appropriate shell quotes. SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 kstat(1M)