Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tar exclude
Operating Systems SCO Tar exclude Post 302389916 by edfair on Tuesday 26th of January 2010 11:28:05 AM
Old 01-26-2010
I'll make the suggestion that you use the backup package "microlite edge" for a more reliable backup solution with the ability to exclude files and directories. And it has the ability to verify the backups.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

tar: how to exclude subdirectories?

If i have a bunch of directories that i normally backup with this: tar cvhf /dev/rmt/0 /export/home How can i exclude certain subdirectories under the /export/home? tar cvhf /dev/rmt/0 /export/home | grep -v 'test' ? will that exclude anything named test, and any subdirectories under test? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting 'tar' to exclude

I want 'tar' to exclude certain dir's. tar cvf ............. ............ does the whole lot, but I want to exclude the 'log' dirs. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuultak
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tar directory but exclude other

OS: SunOS perfs01 5.8 Generic_117350-23 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2 I want to tar a directory, but there are subdirectoires I want to exclude. Does anyone know how to do it? Please help. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leemjesse
1 Replies

4. Solaris

tar exclude list

I have solaris 8, I want to create tar for all files under this directory structure #/export/home/atg/Dynamo/home There is a subdirectory under this tree called servers/supersds/logs I want to exclude logs subdirectory so I created exclude list which contains servers/supersds/logs But tar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exclude a directory to tar

If use tar file from a directory , how to exclude a sub-directory in this directory ? ll drw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Oct 12 11:58 b drw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Oct 12 10:54 c drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Oct 12 11:57 d drw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Oct 12 10:54 d eg . I want to tar all files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Exclude the Path in TAR ?

Hi Is there any way to exclude the absolute path while using Tar , like am using the command # tar cvf mytar.tar /home/rakesh/myback/ when i extract the mytar.tar then it shows as /home /rakesh ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

working with tar exclude command

i have issue with tar, let me explain when i run below command it works perfectly as usual. tar -cvf /tmp/temp.tar --exclude="exclusion expression" dir my requirement is --exclude="exclusion expression" will come from another variable. so when i execute below command: tar -cvf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayyadavmca
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar --exclude with curly braces

I'm having trouble understanding the exclude option in tar. From some web sites, it seems one is able to exclude several strings by enclosing them in curly brackets. However it seems to be "random" what gets excluded when using the curlies. I've been using the exclude-from=myfile option in a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: majest
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exclude file with tar

hi, i am trying to use a exclude file to exclude some file directories while making a tar archive. This is my command: tar -pcvf orahome10gR2.tar.gz db_1 -X /home/oracle/excludeFile.txt /home/oracle/ when i execute it, it seem to be tar-ing. But once is done, i cd to /home/oracle and could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redologger
2 Replies

10. Solaris

TAR exclude is not working !

I have solaris 10 and my following exclude is not working: tar -cvf /export/home/backups/$audit-Data-$useday.bkup.tar /Data --exclude=/Data/ssg/output a /Data/ssg/output/ 0K a /Data/ssg/output/ssg-ported508.txt 107142K a /Data/ssg/output/ssg-ported747.txt 1801K a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
4 Replies
JSONBOT(1)							    jsb manual								JSONBOT(1)

NAME
jsb-backup - The JSONBOT backup app SYNOPSIS
jsb-backup is used to make backup of the datadir used by JSONBOT DESCRIPTION
jsb-backup does a backup of the JSONBOT datadir (defaults to ~/.jsb) to ~/jsb-backups directory. USAGE
Usage: jsb-backup [options] Options: --version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -d DATADIR, --datadir=DATADIR datadir to use -t TARGET, --target=TARGET target dir -l LOGLEVEL, --loglevel=LOGLEVEL logging level --colors enable the use of colors DOCUMENTATION
See http://jsonbot.org for more documentation or see http://jsonbot.googlecode.com SEE ALSO
jsb(1), jsb-init(1), jsb-irc(1), jsb-fleet(1), jsb-sed(1), jsb-tornado(1), jsb-xmpp(1), jsb-stop(1), jsb-udp(1), jsonbot(10 AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bart Thate <bthate@gmail.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Debian GNU/Linux 22 Nov 2011 JSONBOT(1)