Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Drivers to HP 530
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Drivers to HP 530 Post 302389747 by andresguillen on Monday 25th of January 2010 05:57:02 PM
Old 01-25-2010
Drivers to HP 530

Hi Gurus of Unix, Well. I have a Laptop Model HP-530, I want to install Solaris, in this equipment. the question is
You know the driver that will be compatible with this type of model, like this:
HP 530 Notebook PC- Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center

If you know the answer, please send me the link. I need to install ASAP
Regard

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

wirelesslan Drivers

Can any body help me out, to setting up Wlan Drivers in Redhat 9 Thanks kranthi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumar_d
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Drivers

Hi guys, Im totally new to solaris 10, I've just installed it & it works fine However, I get no sound when playing cds. Am wondering where I get the solaris 10 drivers for my soundblaster live from and how to install them? Thx in advance. Frizz (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frizz
0 Replies

3. AIX

Drivers

I seem to be having a driver issue installing a PCI SCSI card. Any ideas where I can track these down.. I can't seem to find them on the OS install disk. I'm using AIX 5.3. cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but are not currently... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eth0
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

drivers unix 5.01 is compatible with drivers epson fx-2190

Please, I'm From Argentina, And I Need To Know If The Drivers Of Program Unix, Version 5.01 Is Compatible Whit Drivers Of The Printer Epson Fx-2190 Thanks, And I Hope Yuor Answer. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juan alberghina
0 Replies

5. Linux

i need help on installing some drivers

hello everyone i am a windows user and now im migrating to unix systems, i installed openSUSE linux on my system and i need help on installing the driver for a wireless USB adapter (TP-Link )and the driver for the graphic Card (geforce 5500). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abu_malek
1 Replies

6. Linux

second NIC not working - D-Link DGE 530 T

I have a problem with a second NIC card - D-Link DGE 530T . I have modified the /etc/modprobe.conf file and added an eth1 entry as suggested by jim golding's post in article mentioned below. Running oracle's enterprise linux 4 update 5 software. Trying to install Oracle 10.2 RAC on my 3 pc's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corne
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

graphics drivers

ok, right off the bat im going to say this, i know that there is about over 100 links on google for this, just none of them help me. i have a radeon mobility 7500 graphics card. and i want to enable the compiz effects via Administration/preferences/Appearance. the problem is that i can't get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
12 Replies

8. AIX

DS8K drivers

Hi, We have all our servers connected to IBM DS8k via SVC. Some servers have SDD drivers and some have SDDPCM drivers. Now we have 2 servers one is physical other is IVM server, which dosen't have these drivers installed on them. They bothe are in production. Now we need to installe these... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
6 Replies

9. SuSE

530 Login incorrect

Hi I upgraded my Suse linux server and installed a complete new server with suse ver 11. I copied the passwd and shadow files from the old Suse 10 to the new Suse 11 server (/etc) Now I get "530 Login incorrect" error when I try to FTP into an account with correct username and password. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tony.Marshall
1 Replies
ddi_model_convert_from(9F)				   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				ddi_model_convert_from(9F)

NAME
ddi_model_convert_from - determine data model type mismatch SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> uint_tddi_model_convert_from(uint_t model); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
model The data model type of the current thread. DESCRIPTION
ddi_model_convert_from() is used to determine if the current thread uses a different C Language Type Model than the device driver. The 64-bit version of Solaris will require a 64-bit kernel to support both 64-bit and 32-bit user mode programs. The difference between a 32-bit program and a 64-bit program is in its C Language Type Model: a 32-bit program is ILP32 (integer, longs, and pointers are 32-bit) and a 64-bit program is LP64 (longs and pointers are 64-bit). There are a number of driver entry points such as ioctl(9E) and mmap(9E) where it is necessary to identify the C Language Type Model of the user-mode originator of an kernel event. For example any data which flows between programs and the device driver or vice versa need to be identical in format. A 64-bit device driver may need to modify the format of the data before sending it to a 32-bit application. ddi_model_convert_from() is used to determine if data that is passed between the device driver and the application requires reformatting to any non-native data model. RETURN VALUES
DDI_MODEL_ILP32 A conversion to/from ILP32 is necessary. DDI_MODEL_NONE No conversion is necessary. Current thread and driver use the same data model. CONTEXT
ddi_model_convert_from() can be called from any context. EXAMPLES
Example 1: : Using ddi_model_convert_from() in the ioctl() entry point to support both 32-bit and 64-bit applications. The following is an example how to use ddi_model_convert_from() in the ioctl() entry point to support both 32-bit and 64-bit applications. struct passargs32 { int len; caddr32_t addr; }; struct passargs { int len; caddr_t addr; }; xxioctl(dev_t dev, int cmd, intptr_t arg, int mode, cred_t *credp, int *rvalp) { struct passargs pa; switch (ddi_model_convert_from(mode & FMODELS)) { case DDI_MODEL_ILP32: { struct passargs32 pa32; ddi_copyin(arg, &pa32, sizeof (struct passargs32), mode); pa.len = pa32.len; pa.address = pa32.address; break; } case DDI_MODEL_NONE: ddi_copyin(arg, &pa, sizeof (struct passargs), mode); break; } do_ioctl(&pa); .... } SEE ALSO
ioctl(9E), mmap(9E), ddi_mmap_get_model(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 8 Feb 2001 ddi_model_convert_from(9F)