Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Install Solaris 10
Operating Systems Solaris Install Solaris 10 Post 302389585 by brusell on Monday 25th of January 2010 09:43:02 AM
Old 01-25-2010
Guys, on output from /etc/vfstab you can see that this server is using Veritas file system.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to install solaris 10

Hello everyone I am new to unix. I would like to install solaris or freebsd on my pc. I have found zip files to download at the sun.com website. From there on out, I am stumped. I want to download to OS file, put it on a CD and install the OS from the CD. Is there a step by step guide out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: astro
2 Replies

2. Solaris

I want to install solaris 10

I want to install solaris 10 Hello everyone I am new to unix. I would like to install solaris on my pc. I have found zip files to download at the sun.com website. From there on out, I am stumped. I want to download to a IOS file, put it on a CD and install the OS from the CD. Is there a step by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: astro
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Help! can't install Solaris 10

Hi everyone, i been trying to get my hands on a sun microsystem computer for a very long time, but for some reason i end up with microsucks, sorry, microsoft, well to the point. Finally i bought a sunblade 100 with no OS, i download the Solaris 10 .iso files and burn them into cd-r, sytem =... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: deamon
10 Replies

4. Solaris

Install OS (Solaris 8)

All - do any one know the procedure or document of install Solaris 8 on the new server? I would like to have one to reference during install OS. Thanks :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: March_2007
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing Solaris 8 bootblock without Solaris Install CD

Hello everyone, Background: I'm having an issue with booting a clone of hard drive with Solaris 8 installation. For cloning process I have used g4l, running under click'n'clone option. As far as I know the actual operation ran behind g4l's interface was dd, though I do not have any information... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnny994
12 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

7. Solaris

How to install Solaris 11.2 ?

Hi, I am a beginner user for Solaris i have downloaded Oracle Solaris 11.2 Live Media USB (x86) (V46249-01) from the web site I have tried many ways to install it as secondary OS to learn how to use it But , i could not please any one can help me and show how to install it using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: atm3010
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 7: Is it possible to install JRE1.6 on Solaris 7

Dear All: I am trying to install JRE 1.6 on Solaris 7. But it's failed. error message: ld.so.1 symbo1 __1cH__Climpkcplus_init6F_v_: referenced symbol not found (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaychen
2 Replies

9. Solaris

No way to install a flar archive of Solaris 10 to Solaris 11.4 zone

I want to migrate a solaris 10 os to solaris 11.4 zone. I did this a)Collect some data like id sysid,disks,ip,etc..on solaris10 OK b)Create this file.cfg with this command on solaris 10 zonep2vchk -c > /migration/sol10.cfg OK c)Create the archive flash on Solaris10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
vxbootsetup(1M) 														   vxbootsetup(1M)

NAME
vxbootsetup - set up system boot information on a Veritas Volume Manager disk SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vxbootsetup [-g diskgroup] [medianame ... ] DESCRIPTION
The vxbootsetup utility configures physical disks so that they can be used to boot the system. Before vxbootsetup is called to configure a disk, the required volumes, standvol, rootvol and swapvol (and optionally, dumpvol) must be created on the disk. All of these volumes must be contiguous with only one subdisk. The -g option may be used to specify the boot disk group. If no medianame arguments are specified, all disks that contain usable mirrors of the root, swap, /usr and /var volumes are configured to be bootable. If medianame arguments are given, only the disks that are associated with the specified disk names are configured to be bootable. vxbootsetup requires that: o The root volume must be named rootvol and must have a usage type of root. o The swap volume must be named swapvol and must have a usage type of swap. o The volumes containing /usr and /var (if any) must be named usr and var, respectively. See the chapter "Recovery from Boot Disk Failure" in the Veritas Volume Manager Troubleshooting Guide for detailed information on how the system boots and how VxVM impacts the system boot process. The vxmirror, vxrootmir, and vxresize utilities call vxbootsetup automatically. If you use vxassist, or vxmake and vxplex to create mirrors of the root volume on a disk, you must run vxbootsetup explicitly to make the disk bootable. ARGUMENTS
medianame Specifies the disk name (disk media name) of a VM disk that is to be configured as bootable. SEE ALSO
disksetup(1M), edvtoc(1M), vxassist(1M), vxevac(1M), vxinstall(1M), vxintro(1M), vxmake(1M), vxmirror(1M), vxplex(1M), vxresize(1M), vxrootmir(1M) Veritas Volume Manager Troubleshooting Guide VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxbootsetup(1M)