Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Telnet to port
Operating Systems AIX Telnet to port Post 302386537 by anwesh on Tuesday 12th of January 2010 04:45:02 PM
Old 01-12-2010
Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

block telnet to specific port

Hello All I am running redhat linux 7.2 and would like to know how i can block telnetting to a specified port . say for example i would like to block telnet acesses to port 80. regards Xiamin (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
5 Replies

2. Solaris

disabled telnet now need port 23 or port 22

we disabled telnet on solaris 9 via previous a thread. We use CMS (call management system) supervisor which used port 23 (telnet). We cannot use telnet via local directive and it was shut down as stated when we shut down telnet in the inetd file. I cannot now log into the CMS box since port 23 is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panzerkw
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

telnet on specific port??

Hi all, I have a problem. I have machine names and their IP addresses in /etc/hosts file. My application does telnet on that machine host name. The application does not uses IP address for tenet. It will fetch the host name from /etc/hosts file. Now the telnet server runs on customized port.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet IP and Port Script

Hi, I would like to create a simple script that will telnet a number of IP and Ports one after the other to confirm connectivity to those addresses. I don't need to log on, just output to a file what the response is, i.e Escape Character, connectivity refused etc. Complete newbie to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asou
6 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Telnet to a serial port

Hello all. I have an old computer with M$-DOS 7. I want to use it like a dumb terminal, with telnet. I need to connect it to my desktop These are my questions: How can i configure the serial port on dos? How can i telnet form dos to the serial port? How can i set up a telnet server on the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
12 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Can't telnet to port 25 on the host.

Hi, we have recently setup a new UNIX server with solaris 10 and I am having issue with with SMTP/sendmail. telnet localhost 25 --- works telnet hostname.domain.com 25 -- does not work. # telnet hostname.domain.com 25 Trying 10.122.1.111... telnet: Unable to connect to remote host:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esmgr
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

telnet port 23

My linux version is 2.6.18-194.e14 (Oracle enterprise linux). Could you please tell me how to enable telnet on the server. When I try to connect the server through another pc using telnet it is throwing error. Connecting To <ip address>...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oradba_arun
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

telnet for port 5433 is not working while it works for port 22

Hi, I am trying to set up a dev environment and I have Ubuntu server (10.16.1.92) and a CentOS VM (10.16.3.235) on this. On the CentOS I have a program running on port 5433. Now my problem is that I am unable to telnet this port from another Windows server whereas I can telnet port 22 from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishav
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet echoing 'trying ip' but no port number

Hi, Well this is probably a silly one that I should know...but I don't ! I'm telnetting to various ports from a shell script and the telnet is echoing back that it's 'trying xxx.xx.xx.xx...' but not the port number it's trying! Any help much appreciated Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Grueben
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet using port and execute cmd

Hi, my query is: I am Login on server with IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.. and i want a script where i want to telnet to server with IP yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy using specific port and then execute a cmd there on server Y please suggest (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
1 Replies
KF(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						     KF(1)

NAME
kf -- securely forward tickets SYNOPSIS
kf [-p port | --port=port] [-l login | --login=login] [-c ccache | --ccache=ccache] [-F | --forwardable] [-G | --no-forwardable] [-h | --help] [--version] host ... DESCRIPTION
The kf program forwards tickets to a remote host through an authenticated and encrypted stream. Options supported are: -p port, --port=port port to connect to -l login, --login=login remote login name -c ccache, --ccache=ccache remote cred cache -F, --forwardable forward forwardable credentials -G, --no-forwardable do not forward forwardable credentials -h, --help --version kf is useful when you do not want to enter your password on a remote host but want to have your tickets one for example AFS. In order for kf to work you will need to acquire your initial ticket with forwardable flag, i.e. kinit --forwardable. telnet is able to forward tickets by itself. SEE ALSO
kinit(1), telnet(1), kfd(8) Heimdal July 2, 2000 Heimdal