Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Differential Equations
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing Differential Equations Post 302384153 by otheus on Monday 4th of January 2010 07:27:54 AM
Old 01-04-2010
The standard tools at universities include Maple, Matlab, and Mathematica. These all cost money and are usually licensed per CPU or per computer. A free version of Matlab, called Octave, exists on Linux; but to my knowledge, you can't exploit any kind of parallelism.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you perform mathematical equations in UNIX?

Hello one and all, I have a basic background in UNIX, but I was wondering if there is a way to perform simple mathematical equations (like multiplication, addition)? If so, is there a way to multiply values from a column by a value to produce a column with the answers? :confused: I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VioletFairy
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tar differential backup

I am backing up some data to an NTFS formatted backup drive. I have to preserve the Unix permissions of the data being backed up and therfore use backup into a tar file. I would like to backup the differnential data in the tar file similiar to how Rsync works so as to save on backup time as it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jelloir
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Differential or Incremental backups in Unix

Hi, Just wanted to know is there any way that we can take differential or incremental backups in Unix(Solaris/AIX/Linux or Hpunix).What is the procedure. Is any doc avaialble on this? Its urgent and any help/suggestions would be highly appreciable. Regards, Ravi Dwivedi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk - Two equations?

I really know barely anything about awk and the like but I have a bit of code I need help with. The bash script is meant to get my usage numbers from my ISP and it does so perfectly. However I want to know how much I can use each day. So to do this I would need to divide its output by the number... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Light_
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Differential substring removal using coordinates

Hello all, this might be better suited for a bioinformatics forum, but I thought I'd try my luck here as well. I have several tabular text files of DNA sequence reads that appear as such: File_1.txt >H01BA45XW GATTACAGATTCGACATCCAACTGAGGCATT >H02BG78WR CCTTACAGACTGGGCATGAATATTGCATACC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectorborne5
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[SOLVED] Restoring differential backup files

I'm using a script (automysqlbackup) to dump mysql db's to .sql file followed by taking one full backup of the .sql file and the differential backups of the newer sql file every day using the tool diff. Now the backup destination folder contains files like, I would like to how do i restore... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csengineer
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Try solver System of linear algebraic equations in Shell Bash

I want to try solving system of linear algebraic equations in Shell bash but i have any problems Value input is matrix and I dont know how to input matrix in Shell because that is dont support 2-dimensional array Please help me. Thank you so much (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbieseos
3 Replies
DEBIAN-MATLAB-MEXHELPER(1)					   User Commands					DEBIAN-MATLAB-MEXHELPER(1)

NAME
debian-matlab-mexhelper - helper to build Matlab extensions on Debian SYNOPSIS
debian-matlab-mexhelper [OPTIONS] <package name> <mode> DESCRIPTION
The is a small helper that eases building and installing MEX extensions for Matlab toolbox packages in Debian binary packages. Because these packages cannot build-depend on Matlab (for obvious reasons) they need to compile their extensions at installation time using a local Matlab installation. The helper is somewhat flexible by supporting custom build, install and clean commands, as well as source and destina- tion directories. It also deals with moving extensions into library directories and automatically symlinks them into the toolbox direc- tory. There are two major modes: 'install' to build, install and symlink extensions (useful in postinst) and 'clean' to remove installed exten- sions and symlinks (useful in prerm). The command to build the extensions is invoked in the source directory. By default, this is /usr/src/matlab/<package name>, but can be overridden with the --src-dir option. Any optional 'install' (--install-cmd) and 'clean' (--clean-cmd) are invoked in the source directory too. Moreover, this helper will also take any installed extensions from a default installation path /usr/share/matlab/site/m/<package name>, move them into /usr/lib/matlab/site/<package name> and symlink back to the original location. These locations can be configured with the --m-dir and --mex-dir options respectively. Again, this step is optional and is only performed if a package actually installs extensions inot this location. OPTIONS
-h Print usage summary and option list. --help Print full help. --version Print version information and exit. --build-cmd Command to build the extensions in the source directory --install-cmd Command to install the extensions after building --clean-cmd Command to clean the source tree after installation. This is not the command that is executed in 'clean' mode. --src-dir Directory with the extension sources. This is also the directory in which build, install and clean commands get invoked. --mex-dir Target directory into which binary extensions get moved. --m-dir Target directory in which symlinks to binary extensions get created. --make Set default commands for 'build-cmd' (make), 'install-cmd' (make install DESTDIR=$m_dir) and 'clean-cmd' (make distclean) if no spe- cific command has been provided via the respective options. EXAMPLES
The following call can be used in a package's postinst script if it comes with a Matlab script 'build_matlab.m' that builds and installs its extension into the desired locations. The --src-dir option is used to point to a non-standard location of the extension sources. debian-matlab-mexhelper somepackagename install --src-dir /usr/src/dynare-matlab/mex/sources --build-cmd 'matlab -nodesktop -nodisplay -nojvm -r build_matlab' If a package installs extension sources into the standard location and builds its extensions using a Makefile that support the DESTDIR for installing the built extensions and a 'distclean' target it is sufficient to run the following. debian-matlab-mexhelper somepackagename install --make Otherwise it is also possible to fully customize all commands. debian-matlab-mexhelper difficultpackage install --build-cmd 'make -C src all toolbox MEXBIN="matlab-mex"' --install-cmd 'make -C src install && find . ! -wholename "./src" -name "*.mex?*" -print0 | xargs -0 -I {} cp -v --parent {} /usr/share/difficultpackage' --clean-cmd 'make -C src distclean tool- box-distclean && find . -name "*.mex?*" -delete' If a package uses debian-matlab-mexhelper to install extensions into the standard location it can also be used to remove all MEX extensions and created symlinks when a package is removed from a system. To achieve this simply put the following call into a package's prerm script. debian-matlab-mexhelper packagename clean AUTHOR
Written by Michael Hanke. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010-2011 Michael Hanke <michael.hanke@gmail.com> Licensed under GNU Public License version 3 or later. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. debian-matlab-mexhelper 0.0.18 March 2012 DEBIAN-MATLAB-MEXHELPER(1)