Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris about gtar command with zcvf options Post 302382611 by incredible on Thursday 24th of December 2009 03:38:01 AM
Old 12-24-2009
The backup variable tar is the full name of the GNU tar executable. If this is not set, backup scripts will search tar in the current shell path.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to? launch command with string of command line options

my description from another thread... here's my code: #!/bin/bash IFS=$'\n' function OutputName() { input=$1 echo $input input=`echo "$input" | sed -e 's/.//'` input=`echo "$input".avi` output_name=$input } if ]; then echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinCanFury
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

Linux - HP UX Command options

Just I gone with the script, I found some command's options which are not compatible with " HP-UX ". If I found any alternate commands to the following, most probably I will solve the issue here. 1. " iostat -x " --> this command's option( x ) is not available in HP-UX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pk_eee
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

gtar error

Hi All, We have a gtar file and we are trying to untar the file with the option gtar -xvzf <filename> The gtar gets us till the end and throws the error message as highlighed below mfcp/XFHFCD2.CPY mfcp/XFHFCD3.CPY mfcp/XFHFCD.CPY gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file gtar:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gtar - question

I am trying to write a very large file, 570 gb, to a tape using gtar like this : gtar czxf /dev/rmt/1 ./* I get a message: off_t value 570635451556 too large (max=68719476735) It is writing to tape, but will it be good? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iancrozier
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to disable options from a command

Hi, I am working on a Linux machine. I need to disable 2 options from the available 6 options of a command. For eg. in the "ls" command we have various options like "l ,r, t, a, .... " From this, I need to disable option "a" So when the users type in "ls -a", they should get an error or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aster007
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running set options from the command line and bash command

I'm reading about debugging aids in bash and have come across the set command. It says in my little book that an addition to typing set you can also use them "on the command line when running a script..." and it lists this in a small table: set -o option Command Line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Gtar Lib file not found.

Hello All, I am preparing a script to view or Extract contents of a tape drive using gtar.But facing a strange issue while trying to extract files using gtar. If running script using sudo the getting the below error. ################ /usr/local/lib /usr/X11/lib /usr/X11R6/lib... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
1 Replies

8. AIX

GTAR - new ways for faster backup - help required

We are taking backup of our application data(cobol file system, AIX/unix) before and after EOD job runs. The data size is approximately 260 GB in biggest branch. To reduce the backup time, 5 parallel execution is scheduled through control-m which backups up the files in 5 different *.gz. The job... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bharath_79
2 Replies

9. AIX

GTAR - new ways to faster backup - help required

We are taking backup of our application data(cobol file system, AIX/unix) before and after EOD job runs. The data size is approximately 260 GB in biggest branch. To reduce the backup time, 5 parallel execution is scheduled through control-m which backups up the files in 5 different *.gz. The job... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bharath_79
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ls command options

Hi, If I want to list files with names containing a certain letter like " a " using just one ls command, is there any way of doing that? Note that it is containing a letter instead of one of the following (starting, ending with a letter or having the letter in between). what I want is to show... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AAAnni
1 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. SunOS 5.10 30 Aug 2004 getusershell(3C)