Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing Computing in the Clouds with AWS Post 302382574 by linuxpenguin on Wednesday 23rd of December 2009 08:15:11 PM
Old 12-23-2009
This is awesome. I have started to use amazon ec2 recently for the last 3-4 months. I am also using s3 buckets, elbs and have recently put my hands on ami's using elastic block storage.
Sad to see so little activity in this forum.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Event Cloud Computing - IBM Turning Data Centers Into ?Computing Cloud?

Tim Bass Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:55:07 +0000 *I predict we may experience less*debates*on the use of the term “event cloud”*related to*CEP in the future, now that both IBM and Google* have made announcements about “cloud computing” and “computing cloud”, IBM Turning Data Centers Into ‘Computing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

The Attack of the Spiders from the Clouds

Tim Bass 07-31-2008 08:09 AM We have seen a lot of discussions of cloud computing in the news recently, as a technology to permit “users to access technology-enabled services*without knowledge of, expertise with, nor control over the technology infrastructure that supports them.”* *This sound... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

3. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

The Attack of the Spiders from the Clouds

We have seen a lot of discussions of cloud computing in the news recently, as a technology to permit "users to access technology-enabled services without knowledge of, expertise with, nor control over the technology infrastructure that supports them." This sound great doesn't it?! Users with... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to edit clouds with gimp, artistic painting.

Every cloud has a silver lining. Right, graphics person stumbled into the software world. :p Basically need to Gimp a cloud to paint a silver lunar crescent to create a nocturnal/diurnal atmosphere to a background picture. Am currently using gimp 2 but have in the past used psp and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Maskros
1 Replies

5. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Private, Public and Hybrid Clouds

Hi all, Private, Public and Hybrid Clouds I'm now testing OpenStack; Home OpenStack Open Source Cloud Computing Software -Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) -Platform as a Service (PaaS) -Software as a Service (SaaS) It is an Open Source software. I'm interested to know whether... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
0 Replies
Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar(3)

NAME
Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar - return Dwarn @return_value SYNOPSIS
use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return Dwarn some_call(...) is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; if (wantarray) { my @return = some_call(...); warn Dumper(@return); return @return; } else { my $return = some_call(...); warn Dumper($return); return $return; } but shorter. If you need to force scalar context on the value, use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return DwarnS some_call(...) is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; my $return = some_call(...); warn Dumper($return); return $return; If you need to force list context on the value, use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return DwarnL some_call(...) is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; my @return = some_call(...); warn Dumper(@return); return @return; If you want to label your output, try DwarnN use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return DwarnN $foo is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; my @return = some_call(...); warn '$foo => ' . Dumper(@return); return @return; If you want to output a reference returned by a method easily, try $Dwarn $foo->bar->{baz}->$Dwarn is equivalent to: my $return = $foo->bar->{baz}; warn Dumper($return); return $return; If you want to format the output of your data structures, try DwarnF my ($a, $c) = DwarnF { "awesome: $_[0] not awesome: $_[1]" } $awesome, $cheesy; is equivalent to: my @return = ($awesome, $cheesy); warn DumperF { "awesome: $_[0] not awesome: $_[1]" } $awesome, $cheesy; return @return; If you want to immediately die after outputting the data structure, every Dwarn subroutine has a paired Ddie version, so just replace the warn with die. For example: DdieL 'foo', { bar => 'baz' }; DESCRIPTION
use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; will import Dwarn, $Dwarn, DwarnL, DwarnN, and DwarnS into your namespace. Using Exporter, so see its docs for ways to make it do something else. Dwarn sub Dwarn { return DwarnL(@_) if wantarray; DwarnS($_[0]) } $Dwarn $Dwarn = &Dwarn $DwarnN $DwarnN = &DwarnN DwarnL sub Dwarn { warn Data::Dumper::Concise::Dumper @_; @_ } DwarnS sub DwarnS ($) { warn Data::Dumper::Concise::Dumper $_[0]; $_[0] } DwarnN sub DwarnN { warn '$argname => ' . Data::Dumper::Concise::Dumper $_[0]; $_[0] } Note: this requires Devel::ArgNames to be installed. DwarnF sub DwarnF (&@) { my $c = shift; warn &Data::Dumper::Concise::DumperF($c, @_); @_ } TIPS AND TRICKS
global usage Instead of always just doing: use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; Dwarn ... We tend to do: perl -MData::Dumper::Concise::Sugar foo.pl (and then in the perl code:) ::Dwarn ... That way, if you leave them in and run without the "use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar" the program will fail to compile and you are less likely to check it in by accident. Furthmore it allows that much less friction to add debug messages. method chaining One trick which is useful when doing method chaining is the following: my $foo = Bar->new; $foo->bar->baz->Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar::DwarnS->biff; which is the same as: my $foo = Bar->new; (DwarnS $foo->bar->baz)->biff; SEE ALSO
You probably want Devel::Dwarn, it's the shorter name for this module. perl v5.16.2 2011-01-20 Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar(3)