Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Password policy problem ??
Operating Systems Solaris Password policy problem ?? Post 302381509 by arm_naja on Friday 18th of December 2009 01:00:28 PM
Old 12-18-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlliagre
By default with Solaris 10 and older the password is truncated to the first eight characters before further processing. Remaining ones are simply ignored.
Can you see this in my previous answer?
2. my password have number "9" at 9th char, but why we can use this password in server1 ?? <<<<

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need openLDAP + Password policy guide

Hi all of you.............. I am using openldap on ubuntu server . i want to apply password policy for user's to set password length , expire date , ......etc. can anybody guide me to configure this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagnikam
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Shadow file password policy

Today i was going through some of security guides written on linux . Under shadow file security following points were mentioned. 1)The encrypted password stored under /etc/shadow file should have more than 14-25 characters. 2)Usernames in shadow file must satisfy to all the same rules as... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
14 Replies

3. Red Hat

NIS password policy

Hi, I am running NIS server on redhat linux 5 and I want to implement password restrictions for the yppasswd, how can I do it.Please help me. I can implement password restriction for passwd by configuring /etc/pam.d/system-auth and setting crack_lib.so but I don't know how to implent the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktrimu
3 Replies

4. Solaris

password policy for new user

hi folk, i try to setup a new password policy for our solaris box user, below are the /etc/default/passwd/, but then when i tried to create a user, it didn't ask for numeric character, and the new password also didn't ask for special characters. # useradd testing # passwd testing New... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
7 Replies

5. Ubuntu

User and Password Policy

Hi linux expert, i would like to create a script for listing all user with there password policy. It should be in the following format: Last password change : Sep 19, 2011 Password expires : never Password inactive : never Account... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yprudent
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Password Policy description

Hi Experts, i would like to know the description of the following: Minimum: 0 Maximum: 90 Warning: 7 Inactive: -1 Last Change: Never Password Expires: Never Password Inactive: Never Account Expires: Never Does this means that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yprudent
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris and PAM Password policy

Hello All, I have Sun DSEE7 (11g) on Solaris 10. I have run idsconfig and initialized ldap client with profile created using idsconfig. My ldap authentication works. Here is my pam.conf # Authentication management # # login service (explicit because of pam_dial_auth) # login ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandu345
3 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Password Expiration Policy

Hello Team, I am using Lubuntu & have DRBL remote boot setup with open Ldap authentication. Currently there is no password expire policy. I want to set Password Policy so that user's password will expire after a month & they will get prompt to change their password. Using PAM we can do it,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
1 Replies

9. AIX

Password Policy

I need help. I have set a password policy. But I want to dis allow setting user name as password. My policy is as below... min length =8 min diff=2 min alpha=2 max repeats=2 dictionary= /usr/share/dict/words Still user can set his username as password (i.e. Jackie1234). Code tags for... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: powerAIX
11 Replies

10. Red Hat

Password policy for root

Hi, I am unable to enforce password complexity policy for root user. (other users are working) on RHEL 6.2. Anything wrong with system-auth parameters? PLease help.. vi /etc/pam.d/system-auth #%PAM-1.0 # This file is auto-generated. # User changes will be destroyed the next time... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
1 Replies
asadmin-list-authdbs(1AS)					   User Commands					 asadmin-list-authdbs(1AS)

NAME
list-authdbs - gets the authorized database SYNOPSIS
list-authdbs --user admin_user[--password admin_password][--host localhost] [--port 4848][--passwordfile filename][--secure|-s][--instance instance_name] --virtualserver virtualserver_ID authdb_ID Gets the access control lists associated with the named server instance. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. --virtualserver virtual server ID. It can also be referred to as the variable $id in an obj.conf file. A virtual server ID cannot begin with a number. OPERANDS
instance_name name of the instance. Example 1: Using list-authdbs asadmin> lsit-authdbs --user admin --password adminadmin --host fuyako --port 7070 --virtualserver server1 server1 default sampleAuth Where: default and sampleAuth are the authdb IDs in virtual server server1 and instance server1 listed. asadmin% list-authdbs --instance server1 EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-authdb(1AS), asadmin-delete-authdb(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-authdbs(1AS)