Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX cp error: "A file or directory in the path does not exist" Post 302380921 by Jackson123 on Wednesday 16th of December 2009 04:26:54 PM
Old 12-16-2009
Thank you! That was the problem. I changed the default user's fsize and then logged off and logged back on.

Thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error running COBOL - ".loader does not exist"

Hello. I am new to the unix environment. Currently, I am taking existing COBOL source code and attempting to compile and run on our new UNIX machine. I have succesfully compiled an object. When I try to run I get the follwing error: 0509-036 Cannot load program abeunix.o because of the... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrubaker
16 Replies

2. Red Hat

error"warning: user owen does not exist - using root"?

I am trying to install openmotif22-2.2.3-18.src.rpm, after I typed in " rpm -i openmotif22-2.2.3-18.src.rpm" the following message comes out: warning: user owen does not exist - using root warning: group owen does not exist - using root I am install openmotif under root account. Do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishwater00
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 6.1 Error - "A file, file system or message queue is no longer available."

Getting a strange error with a log file below. This is just a normal text log file that is written to by an application on the server. The applicaiton is down, however, I cannot read, remove or touch this file. The file shows on an ls listing but not an ls -al listing. The file system is JFS2... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find . -printf" without prepended "." path? Getting path to current working directory?

If I enter (simplified): find . -printf "%p\n" then all files in the output are prepended by a "." like ./local/share/test23.log How can achieve that a.) the leading "./" is omitted and/or b.) the full path to the current directory is inserted (enclosed by brackets and a blank)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstein
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help! Need "File exist check" and line count

Hello, I've been stuck with this for a few days now :wall:, so I'm hoping someone out there might be kind enough to help me. I need to do a "file exist" check with a variable in the file name. After that I need to do a line count on the file, and output its results to a txt file. For... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronan1219
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep error "No such file or directory" not solved

Dear all, I run a simple command: grep -f GTEx_snps.txt chr1_r2.txt>chr1_r2_GTEx.txt and got error: "chr1_r2_GTEx.txt: No such file or directory" while "chr1_r2_GTEx.txt is an non-existent file. I google searched some solutions and tried to add -s and --no-messages option grep -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \)

These three finds worked as expected: $ find . -iname "*.PDF" $ find . -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \) $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" They all returned the match: ./folder/file.pdf :b: This find returned no matches: $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

10. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
CHDIR(2)							System Calls Manual							  CHDIR(2)

NAME
chdir - change current working directory SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int chdir(const char *path) DESCRIPTION
Path is the pathname of a directory. Chdir causes this directory to become the current working directory, the starting point for path names not beginning with ``/''. In order for a directory to become the current directory, a process must have execute (search) access to the directory. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, a value of 0 is returned. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
Chdir will fail and the current working directory will be unchanged if one or more of the following are true: [ENOTDIR] A component of the path prefix is not a directory. [ENAMETOOLONG] The path name exceeds PATH_MAX characters. [ENOENT] The named directory does not exist. [ELOOP] Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating the pathname. (Minix-vmd) [EACCES] Search permission is denied for any component of the path name. [EFAULT] Path points outside the process's allocated address space. [EIO] An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system. SEE ALSO
chroot(2). 4th Berkeley Distribution August 26, 1985 CHDIR(2)