Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Problems with network card in SCO Post 302380905 by jgt on Wednesday 16th of December 2009 03:02:40 PM
Old 12-16-2009
The "correct" values will vary based upon the motherboard, and the slot that the card is installed in.
When the system does its POST (power on self test) you may, depending on which brand of BIOS you have, see a list of all the PCI interfaces in the system and three columns of values to the right side of the screen. These three columns represent the three values that you need.
If the screen scrolls past too quickly to see, change the boot sequence to diskette, or cd only and put a blank diskette/cd in the appropriate drive; the system will stop with "NO OS found" and allow you to read the POST data.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

network card

I have a UnixWare 2 server that has an ISA 3Com NIC that has just a BNC connector on it. I want to remove this and install an ISA 3Com NIC that has a BNC/RJ45 connector. What steps do I have to go through to successfully complete this? Thye are almost the exact same cards except for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cparks
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Network Card with SGI

The Octane is driving me nuts . It was sitting on the network doing its job nicely and i had to pull the n/w cable out from the wall to pull it from the inside of the table and connected it again . The logs show this -- link down .... < when i pulled it out > link ok < when i connected > But... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network Card Help

I have been having trouble with my sis900 neytwork card in slacwkare linux. I tried to modprobe the sis900, it didnt give me any errors but it didnt load it. so I put in a realtek 8139 network card and tried it too. These are the errors i get with the two cards when trying to do insmod on either of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Fridgerator
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network card and internet

Hi!. I have problems installing my network card under ther redhat kernel. First i tryed my integrated intel pro set 10/100 then my d-link 530tx Pci but none of them seems to be found. also i huse my network card to connect to the net trough PPPOE where i need to type my username and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gibbler
3 Replies

5. SCO

3c905b network card problem with SCO 5.0.5

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this problem. I have SCO 5.0.5 installed on a system that I am using 3c905b (3 Com) network card. This system is always powered on. After no certain time period this NIC doesn't work. I can't ping to this system from any other machine or vice... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AtALoss
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I tell which network card is which?

I have three network cards in my unix box. I need to figure out which card corresponds to an assigned IP address. If there some command in unix I can use to make an ethernet interface blink? Any advice would be appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
6 Replies

7. Solaris

How to identifying the network card ?

Hi Experts, Can we use some command from unix to find the available network interface? I did tried Its listing following, however how can I decide the which vender card is attached e.g. if its hme , bge or some thing else Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
7 Replies

8. SCO

network problems with sco

SCO unix 5.0.5 - Suddently network lost & has to be reboot. I try to stop TCP & start TCP. but no connection. Any idea about that. thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajantha
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Network Card Name details

Hi All, Can somebody explain that whats the meaning of different interfaces naming scheme, Like ' hme, qfe, e1000g0, ce, eri, bge' ? This is such a basic question which i always overlooked :( Thanks ! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solarister
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

Regarding Network Interface Card

Dear All , While taking backups in one Linux Server , we find one alert came with regard to Network Interface Card. Pl find the below alert. Network Interface Card performance for NIC:eth1 has exceeded Major threshold. Bytes sent and received per second (Average)= 105540.303101... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
6 Replies
pci_error_tolerance_time(5)					File Formats Manual				       pci_error_tolerance_time(5)

NAME
pci_error_tolerance_time - time interval, in minutes, between two PCI errors at a I/O slot that will result in automatic PCI Error Recovery VALUES
Default Allowed values (disabled) or non-zero (enabled) Recommended values DESCRIPTION
is a dynamic tunable that corresponds to time interval in minutes. It determines whether an automatic PCI Error Recovery should be initi- ated or not between two PCI errors occurring at an I/O slot. If two PCI errors occur at a slot within this specified time interval, the PCI card in the slot will be suspended and a manual PCI Error Recovery operation will have to be performed to make the card functional. Refer to the section of the olrad(1M) manpage for more details regarding the manual PCI Error Recovery operation. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? System administrators can change the value of based on the frequency of PCI errors seen in the system. Restrictions on Changing None. This tunable is dynamic. Changes to this tunable take effect immediately. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
olrad(1M). available under the section at Tunable Kernel Parameters pci_error_tolerance_time(5)