Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Problems with network card in SCO Post 302380904 by daniel_cie on Wednesday 16th of December 2009 02:55:02 PM
Old 12-16-2009
Problems with network card in SCO

hello, i am new to unix and need support</SPAN></SPAN>
</SPAN></SPAN>The problem is:
I have a SCO 5.0.5 server, and has no local network access, I think my problem are the drivers for network card.
my network card is Kingston EtheRx PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter KNE120TX and already installed the drivers, but when I run:
# hwconfig-h the result that describes the network card is:
ktcHT 0xd400-0xd41f - - Kingston Et ....... NOT FOUND [KNE120TX]

reinstall the drivers and the network connection, but does not work
when setting up the network connection, save with default values:
Bus = 0
Device = 0
Function = 0
this can cause any conflict?

if this is wrong, what are the correct values?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

network card

I have a UnixWare 2 server that has an ISA 3Com NIC that has just a BNC connector on it. I want to remove this and install an ISA 3Com NIC that has a BNC/RJ45 connector. What steps do I have to go through to successfully complete this? Thye are almost the exact same cards except for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cparks
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Network Card with SGI

The Octane is driving me nuts . It was sitting on the network doing its job nicely and i had to pull the n/w cable out from the wall to pull it from the inside of the table and connected it again . The logs show this -- link down .... < when i pulled it out > link ok < when i connected > But... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network Card Help

I have been having trouble with my sis900 neytwork card in slacwkare linux. I tried to modprobe the sis900, it didnt give me any errors but it didnt load it. so I put in a realtek 8139 network card and tried it too. These are the errors i get with the two cards when trying to do insmod on either of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Fridgerator
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network card and internet

Hi!. I have problems installing my network card under ther redhat kernel. First i tryed my integrated intel pro set 10/100 then my d-link 530tx Pci but none of them seems to be found. also i huse my network card to connect to the net trough PPPOE where i need to type my username and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gibbler
3 Replies

5. SCO

3c905b network card problem with SCO 5.0.5

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this problem. I have SCO 5.0.5 installed on a system that I am using 3c905b (3 Com) network card. This system is always powered on. After no certain time period this NIC doesn't work. I can't ping to this system from any other machine or vice... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AtALoss
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I tell which network card is which?

I have three network cards in my unix box. I need to figure out which card corresponds to an assigned IP address. If there some command in unix I can use to make an ethernet interface blink? Any advice would be appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
6 Replies

7. Solaris

How to identifying the network card ?

Hi Experts, Can we use some command from unix to find the available network interface? I did tried Its listing following, however how can I decide the which vender card is attached e.g. if its hme , bge or some thing else Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
7 Replies

8. SCO

network problems with sco

SCO unix 5.0.5 - Suddently network lost & has to be reboot. I try to stop TCP & start TCP. but no connection. Any idea about that. thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajantha
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Network Card Name details

Hi All, Can somebody explain that whats the meaning of different interfaces naming scheme, Like ' hme, qfe, e1000g0, ce, eri, bge' ? This is such a basic question which i always overlooked :( Thanks ! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solarister
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

Regarding Network Interface Card

Dear All , While taking backups in one Linux Server , we find one alert came with regard to Network Interface Card. Pl find the below alert. Network Interface Card performance for NIC:eth1 has exceeded Major threshold. Bytes sent and received per second (Average)= 105540.303101... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
6 Replies
SINFOD(8)							   User Manuals 							 SINFOD(8)

NAME
sinfod - a monitoring tool for networked computers SYNOPSIS
sinfod [-F] [-q] [-V] [-b #.#.#.#] [-c] [-n card ] [ -N nicevalue ] [ -m marker ] [ -i processname ] [-s][-W] DESCRIPTION
sinfod distributes system information to other sinfods on your local network. These Information include the system load, memory utilization and the `TOP-5' processes on every machine. It's main advantage is, that these informations are broadcasted using the udp(7) protocol. If each node broadcasts it's information in a cooperative manner, the network load is O(N), where N is the number of nodes in your network. Other systems to monitor your cluster load (e.g. rup(1) ) are using a polling scheme where every node has to ask every other node for the system information: In that case the network load is O(N**2). The task of sinfod is to broadcast the relevant information for the local node and to collect broadcasts from other nodes. Other programs ( sinfo(1) ) can get access to this information via a simple tcp(7) connection that normally is routed through the local loopback inter- face. OPTIONS
-F/--foreground Unlike normal operation, sinfod will not detach from the terminal when given this option. Some debugging informations will be visi- ble. -q/--quiet Start quietly - for init scripts. -V/--version Print the version number and exit. -b #.#.#.#/--bcastaddress=#.#.#.# Set the broadcast address of the sinfod. Default is 255.255.255.255. In you want to run sinfod without a network card "-b 127.0.0.1" may be necessary. -c/--cmdline Broadcast the full command line of a process instead of the command only. -m marker/--marker=marker Mark the machine with a name. e.g. laboratory, pool or cluster. -i/--ignore <process> Don't broadcast any information on <process> ; --ignore may be set multiple times. -t/--top <count> Broadcast information on the top <count> processes; default: 5 -n card/--networkcard=card Set the name of the network card whose informations will be broadcasted. (e.g. eth0). Default is the network card that saw the most traffic at the start of sinfod. -N nicevalue/--nice=nicevalue Set the priority of this demon to nicevalue. Default is 15. -s/--spymode Deactivate the TCP interface and the collection of received packets. The demon starts in a broadcast-only mode. -W/--watchdog Start with simple watchdog. AUTHOR
Juergen Rinas <jrinas@gmx.de> SEE ALSO
sinfo(1),sshallsinfo(1), Linux JANUARY 2005 SINFOD(8)