Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX cp error: "A file or directory in the path does not exist" Post 302380895 by wwwzviadi on Wednesday 16th of December 2009 02:21:59 PM
Old 12-16-2009
check /etc/security/limits.conf you can alter limit options from there

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error running COBOL - ".loader does not exist"

Hello. I am new to the unix environment. Currently, I am taking existing COBOL source code and attempting to compile and run on our new UNIX machine. I have succesfully compiled an object. When I try to run I get the follwing error: 0509-036 Cannot load program abeunix.o because of the... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrubaker
16 Replies

2. Red Hat

error"warning: user owen does not exist - using root"?

I am trying to install openmotif22-2.2.3-18.src.rpm, after I typed in " rpm -i openmotif22-2.2.3-18.src.rpm" the following message comes out: warning: user owen does not exist - using root warning: group owen does not exist - using root I am install openmotif under root account. Do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishwater00
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 6.1 Error - "A file, file system or message queue is no longer available."

Getting a strange error with a log file below. This is just a normal text log file that is written to by an application on the server. The applicaiton is down, however, I cannot read, remove or touch this file. The file shows on an ls listing but not an ls -al listing. The file system is JFS2... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find . -printf" without prepended "." path? Getting path to current working directory?

If I enter (simplified): find . -printf "%p\n" then all files in the output are prepended by a "." like ./local/share/test23.log How can achieve that a.) the leading "./" is omitted and/or b.) the full path to the current directory is inserted (enclosed by brackets and a blank)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstein
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help! Need "File exist check" and line count

Hello, I've been stuck with this for a few days now :wall:, so I'm hoping someone out there might be kind enough to help me. I need to do a "file exist" check with a variable in the file name. After that I need to do a line count on the file, and output its results to a txt file. For... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronan1219
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep error "No such file or directory" not solved

Dear all, I run a simple command: grep -f GTEx_snps.txt chr1_r2.txt>chr1_r2_GTEx.txt and got error: "chr1_r2_GTEx.txt: No such file or directory" while "chr1_r2_GTEx.txt is an non-existent file. I google searched some solutions and tried to add -s and --no-messages option grep -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \)

These three finds worked as expected: $ find . -iname "*.PDF" $ find . -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \) $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" They all returned the match: ./folder/file.pdf :b: This find returned no matches: $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

10. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
link(2) 							System Calls Manual							   link(2)

NAME
link() - link to a file SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system call creates a new link (directory entry) for the existing file. path1 points to a path name naming an existing file. path2 points to a path name naming the new directory entry to be created. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, it returns -1 and sets (see errno(2)) to indicate the error. ERRORS
The system call fails and no link is created if one or more of the following is true: A component of either path prefix denies search permission. The requested link requires writing in a directory that does not permit writing. The user's or group's disk quota block limit has been reached for this file system. The link named by path2 exists. path points outside the allocated address space of the process. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating either path name. The maximum number of links to a file would be exceeded. Either the specified path exceeds bytes, or a component of either specified path exceeds while is in effect. The file named by path1 does not exist. A component of either path prefix does not exist. path2 points to a null path name. path1 or path2 is null. The directory to contain the file cannot be extended. A component of either path prefix is not a directory. The file named by path1 is a directory and the effective user ID is not a user who has appropriate privileges. Some file systems return this error whenever path1 names a directory, regardless of the user ID. The requested link requires writing in a directory on a read-only file system. The link named by path2 and the file named by path1 are on different logical devices (file systems). SEE ALSO
cp(1), link(1M), symlink(2), unlink(2), symlink(4), privileges(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
link(2)