Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Moving Files from one directory to another directory Post 302379151 by ss3944 on Wednesday 9th of December 2009 04:34:03 PM
Old 12-09-2009
Thank You very much...
It works for me..
and yeah, I dont need to copy the files.. I just need to move them!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving files from a unix directory to a windows directory

Any body any ideas i'm failry new to this so any help would be appreciated. Cheers Steve (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gleads
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files not directory.

Hi, I want to move only files not subdirectories. I issued the below command, but subdirectories are also gets moved. mv /ucrrpd/input/upload/ /ucsspd/common/history/ In the above case, all subdirectories in /ucrrpd/input/upload/ also gets moved to /ucsspd/common/history/ I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthil_is
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating date directory and moving files into that directory

I have list of files named file_username_051208_025233.log. Here 051208 is the date and 025233 is the time.I have to run thousands of files daily.I want to put all the files depending on the date of running into a date directory.Suppose if we run files today they should put into 05:Dec:08... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi030
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files to specified directory.

Hi I have made a shell script which moves files from a trash bin back to the original directory and also has the option to restoring the file to a directory that is specified by the user. The restoring it to the original directory is working fine, the restoring it to a specified directory is now.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jodi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving all files from 1 directory to another

For example i have a directory called name and another called school how to remove first 5 files from name into school? thanks for helping (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cryogen
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file names, comparing them to a directory of files, and moving them into a new directory

got it figured out :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sHockz
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving all files in a directory to another directory and archiving them

Hi All, i need to move all files in a directory to some other directory and need to archive them,,, Ex.. Source_Path/my_directory/ files in it are... acw.csv 123.txt bge.dat etc ..and we dont know how many files does my_directory contains and all are with different extensions ..so i need... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dssyadav
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with moving files from one directory to another directory.

Hi all, Please help me creating a job that runs on every monday. And the job must have a script to move the files from directory1 to directory2 based on date. eg: directory1 = usr/appl/src/archive; directory2 = usr/appl/failed filename : PHDG_90021.txt when the job runs,it must move... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vasanth_bala1
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving Files one directory to another directory shell script

Hi, Could you please assist how to move the gz files which are older than the 90 days from one folder to another folder ,before that it need to check the file system named "nfs" if size is less than 90 or not. If size is above 90 then it shouldn't perform file move and exit the script throwing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files to a directory with a variable name

I have this shell script which i am going to package into an application: cd /Users/william/Desktop Cleaning; mkdir "date"; cp ~/Desktop/* ~/"date"; how would i point to the directory with the name unknown to cp? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ws1
2 Replies
Pod::Simple::PullParser(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			      Pod::Simple::PullParser(3pm)

NAME
Pod::Simple::PullParser -- a pull-parser interface to parsing Pod SYNOPSIS
my $parser = SomePodProcessor->new; $parser->set_source( "whatever.pod" ); $parser->run; Or: my $parser = SomePodProcessor->new; $parser->set_source( $some_filehandle_object ); $parser->run; Or: my $parser = SomePodProcessor->new; $parser->set_source( $document_source ); $parser->run; Or: my $parser = SomePodProcessor->new; $parser->set_source( @document_lines ); $parser->run; And elsewhere: require 5; package SomePodProcessor; use strict; use base qw(Pod::Simple::PullParser); sub run { my $self = shift; Token: while(my $token = $self->get_token) { ...process each token... } } DESCRIPTION
This class is for using Pod::Simple to build a Pod processor -- but one that uses an interface based on a stream of token objects, instead of based on events. This is a subclass of Pod::Simple and inherits all its methods. A subclass of Pod::Simple::PullParser should define a "run" method that calls "$token = $parser->get_token" to pull tokens. See the source for Pod::Simple::RTF for an example of a formatter that uses Pod::Simple::PullParser. METHODS
my $token = $parser->get_token This returns the next token object (which will be of a subclass of Pod::Simple::PullParserToken), or undef if the parser-stream has hit the end of the document. $parser->unget_token( $token ) $parser->unget_token( $token1, $token2, ... ) This restores the token object(s) to the front of the parser stream. The source has to be set before you can parse anything. The lowest-level way is to call "set_source": $parser->set_source( $filename ) $parser->set_source( $filehandle_object ) $parser->set_source( $document_source ) $parser->set_source( @document_lines ) Or you can call these methods, which Pod::Simple::PullParser has defined to work just like Pod::Simple's same-named methods: $parser->parse_file(...) $parser->parse_string_document(...) $parser->filter(...) $parser->parse_from_file(...) For those to work, the Pod-processing subclass of Pod::Simple::PullParser has to have defined a $parser->run method -- so it is advised that all Pod::Simple::PullParser subclasses do so. See the Synopsis above, or the source for Pod::Simple::RTF. Authors of formatter subclasses might find these methods useful to call on a parser object that you haven't started pulling tokens from yet: my $title_string = $parser->get_title This tries to get the title string out of $parser, by getting some tokens, and scanning them for the title, and then ungetting them so that you can process the token-stream from the beginning. For example, suppose you have a document that starts out: =head1 NAME Hoo::Boy::Wowza -- Stuff B<wow> yeah! $parser->get_title on that document will return "Hoo::Boy::Wowza -- Stuff wow yeah!". If the document starts with: =head1 Name Hoo::Boy::W00t -- Stuff B<w00t> yeah! Then you'll need to pass the "nocase" option in order to recognize "Name": $parser->get_title(nocase => 1); In cases where get_title can't find the title, it will return empty-string (""). my $title_string = $parser->get_short_title This is just like get_title, except that it returns just the modulename, if the title seems to be of the form "SomeModuleName -- description". For example, suppose you have a document that starts out: =head1 NAME Hoo::Boy::Wowza -- Stuff B<wow> yeah! then $parser->get_short_title on that document will return "Hoo::Boy::Wowza". But if the document starts out: =head1 NAME Hooboy, stuff B<wow> yeah! then $parser->get_short_title on that document will return "Hooboy, stuff wow yeah!". If the document starts with: =head1 Name Hoo::Boy::W00t -- Stuff B<w00t> yeah! Then you'll need to pass the "nocase" option in order to recognize "Name": $parser->get_short_title(nocase => 1); If the title can't be found, then get_short_title returns empty-string (""). $author_name = $parser->get_author This works like get_title except that it returns the contents of the "=head1 AUTHOR Paragraph... " section, assuming that that section isn't terribly long. To recognize a "=head1 Author Paragraph " section, pass the "nocase" otpion: $parser->get_author(nocase => 1); (This method tolerates "AUTHORS" instead of "AUTHOR" too.) $description_name = $parser->get_description This works like get_title except that it returns the contents of the "=head1 DESCRIPTION Paragraph... " section, assuming that that section isn't terribly long. To recognize a "=head1 Description Paragraph " section, pass the "nocase" otpion: $parser->get_description(nocase => 1); $version_block = $parser->get_version This works like get_title except that it returns the contents of the "=head1 VERSION [BIG BLOCK] " block. Note that this does NOT return the module's $VERSION!! To recognize a "=head1 Version [BIG BLOCK] " section, pass the "nocase" otpion: $parser->get_version(nocase => 1); NOTE
You don't actually have to define a "run" method. If you're writing a Pod-formatter class, you should define a "run" just so that users can call "parse_file" etc, but you don't have to. And if you're not writing a formatter class, but are instead just writing a program that does something simple with a Pod::PullParser object (and not an object of a subclass), then there's no reason to bother subclassing to add a "run" method. SEE ALSO
Pod::Simple Pod::Simple::PullParserToken -- and its subclasses Pod::Simple::PullParserStartToken, Pod::Simple::PullParserTextToken, and Pod::Simple::PullParserEndToken. HTML::TokeParser, which inspired this. SUPPORT
Questions or discussion about POD and Pod::Simple should be sent to the pod-people@perl.org mail list. Send an empty email to pod-people-subscribe@perl.org to subscribe. This module is managed in an open GitHub repository, <https://github.com/theory/pod-simple/>. Feel free to fork and contribute, or to clone <git://github.com/theory/pod-simple.git> and send patches! Patches against Pod::Simple are welcome. Please send bug reports to <bug-pod-simple@rt.cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT AND DISCLAIMERS
Copyright (c) 2002 Sean M. Burke. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. AUTHOR
Pod::Simple was created by Sean M. Burke <sburke@cpan.org>. But don't bother him, he's retired. Pod::Simple is maintained by: o Allison Randal "allison@perl.org" o Hans Dieter Pearcey "hdp@cpan.org" o David E. Wheeler "dwheeler@cpan.org" perl v5.18.2 2013-11-14 Pod::Simple::PullParser(3pm)