Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ls with regular expression
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ls with regular expression Post 302378720 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 8th of December 2009 03:04:12 PM
Old 12-08-2009
It is called globbing not a regluar expression. You can use extended globbing to do what you want if your shell supports it.
Code:
ls -tr $currentDir/C*.?(#)finished?(#)

But probably you can afford to be a little bit less precise and just use:
Code:
ls -tr $currentDir/C*.*finished*

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression + Aritmetical Expression

Is it possible to combine a regular expression with a aritmetical expression? For example, taking a 8-numbers caracter sequece and casting each output of a grep, comparing to a constant. THX! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
2 Replies

2. Programming

What does the regular expression ['(^[^~]+~).*'] mean?

What does the regular expression +~).*'] mean while using it with regexec.When the string "RCHNUSNT35C~rs07/ASM-RS07" is used with the regular expression +~).*'] regexec gives an error. I know what regexec does,but i do not understand what this expression means wrt to this string... any help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupamar
2 Replies

3. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

5. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regular expression help

\..\ {3\}$ which one of these does this match rs.ef$tt abc.ab abc.$$$$ abc I think its the 1st one what do you think? Thanks Please use code tags! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew211
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular expression help

Hi, I am quite knew to scripting and I am trying to get a regular expression to work to check that a user enters a valid version number such as 1 or 1.1 or 12.3 etc. I dont seem to be able to get it to work as it picks up versions such as 1.......2. I only want it to work with a single dot.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: frodo61
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression

Can someone please explain me what does this mean? ^{1,50}$ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression

I would like to extract "JDBC Thin Client" from (PROGRAM=JDBC Thin Client); and "C:\Python26\python.exe" from (PROGRAM=C:\Python26\python.exe); "txm_v_awsrf_db.pr" from (PROGRAM=txm_v_awsrf_db.pr). if input line like "(PROGRAM=)", it return unknown. Would you help suggest a regular... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstsang
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)