Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Few things related to HBA port & fcinfo command Post 302378708 by girish.batra on Tuesday 8th of December 2009 02:38:43 PM
Old 12-08-2009
Dear incredible

First of sorry for the replying on this thread late as I was not well for last few days. Thanks for the reply. When I run the following command as suggested by you. I find the follwing output

# luxadm -e port
/devices/pci@1/pci@0/pci@7/pci@0/pci@2/SUNW,emlxs@0/fp@0,0:devctl NOT CONNECTED
/devices/pci@1/pci@0/pci@7/pci@0/pci@8/SUNW,emlxs@0/fp@0,0:devctl NOT CONNECTED

When I run the man page of luxadm command I didn't find "port" option. Could explain me bit more about this command. As -e option explain that its a expert mode only.

I couldn't find lputil utility in my Solaris OS also

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail.cf goes missing & other things

well, I came in today to a raft of messages that users couldn't email from UNIX (HP-UX B.11.23 U i64) /etc/mail/sendmail.cf was missing - just GONE from the directory. Other files were there. mail was successfully sent at 19:48 last night and unsuccessful at 00:10. At least those are times... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LisaS
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

4GB Dual Port HBA

I have one 4GB, dual port HBA. Is each port rated for 4GB, or is it the whole HBA rated for 4GB? Also, how do I determine which is port0 / port1 with "lscfg -vl fcs0" command. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwholey
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10. fcinfo hba-port shows adapter not Found

I understand that fcinfo hba-port should show information(WWN, HBA vendor, etc..) but my result show "No adapter found". If I used grep -i 'version' /var/adm/messages* then I see my installed HBA (QLogic FCode at 2.00.09).. I am wondering why and what I had failed to install? Thanks in advance.... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Y4Net
23 Replies

4. AIX

I need command for HBA model & firmware please

Hi All, I have a task to complete on several server, I need advice from u guys,i need to know that , how can i check the following thing in AIX server. 1)HBA vendor, HBA model, HBA driver version & HBA firmware. 2) Multipath software & multipath version. 3) Cluster software & cluster... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gulamibrahim
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to enable hba port of a two port hba card

Hi, i have a two port hba card in solaris 10 system one of which is disabled. How to enable and configure the other port. ---------- Post updated at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 AM ---------- please help :( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Solaris HBA & Driver identification help

Gents, I am new with Solaris and working on couple of Solaris 8 and 9's. 1. ) I am having issues finding which model of HBA is connected to the host. I got a link to kb qlogic com/KanisaPlatform/Publishing/130/10441_f.html But, it is incomplete as read in many places.. Do we have updated... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abcd.us786
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Show HBA WWN on AIX & Linux

Hi all, I have an environment with Aix and Linux severs zoned to tape drives I'd like to list HBAs WWN on my servers which are zoned to the drives. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX & TAR related stuff

This thread is about using tar & other compression utilities on AIX ; 1. Find out which version of tar you are using thanks to bakunin >what $(which tar) /usr/bin/tar: 61 1.14 src/bos/usr/ccs/lib/libc/__threads_init.c, libcthrd, bos53 0 7/11/00 12:04:14 10 ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
21 Replies

9. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Command for viewing hba cards on rhel7

hi all, I am trying to view the hba cards on a rhel7 server (storage says they are there, but I am not seeing them. I tried lspci -nn | grep -i hba lspci |grep qla I tried looking in /sys/class/fc_host.. but it is empty. I am not sure if I am looking in the right spot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
0 Replies
HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)	      Common Fibre Channel HBA Information Library Functions		 HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)

NAME
HBA_GetBindingCapability, HBA_GetBindingSupport, HBA_SetBindingSupport - return and sets binding capabilities on an HBA port SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lHBAAPI [ library... ] #include <hbaapi.h> HBA_HANDLE HBA_GetBindingCapability(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY *pFlags); HBA_STATUS HBA_GetBindingSupport(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY *pFlags); void HBA_SetBindingSupport(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY Flags); PARAMETERS
handle an open handle returned from HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI) hbaPortWWN the Port WWN of the local HBA through which the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA is returned pFlags a pointer to an HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY structure that returns the persistent binding capabilites implemented by the HBA Flags an HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY structure containing the persistent binding capabilites to enable for the HBA DESCRIPTION
The HBA_GetBindingCapability() function returns the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA. The HBA_GetBindingSupport() function returns the currently enabled binding capabilities for the HBA. The HBA_SetBindingSupport() function sets the currently enabled binding capabilites for the HBA to a subset of the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA. RETURN VALUES
The HBA_GetBindingCapability() and HBA_GetBindingSupport() functions return the following values: HBA_STATUS_OK Persistent binding capabilites have been returned. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN Port WWN hbaPortWWN is not a WWN contained by the HBA referenced by handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED The HBA handle specified by handle does not support persistent binding. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred. The value of pFlags remains unchanged and points to the persistent binding capabilites. The HBA_SetBindingSupport() function returns: HBA_STATUS_OK Persistent binding capabilites have been enabled. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN Port WWN hbaPortWWN is not a WWN contained by the HBA referenced by handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED The HBA handle specified by handle does not support persistent binding. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_INCAPABLE The flags argument contains a capability not implemented by the HBA. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API version 1) | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 (API ver- | | |sion 2) | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) T11 FC-MI Specification SunOS 5.11 1 Sep 2003 HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)