Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Current logged in users
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Current logged in users Post 302378024 by gaurav1086 on Sunday 6th of December 2009 01:07:14 PM
Old 12-06-2009
#who -a

---------- Post updated at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:36 PM ----------

#who -a
shows all the users currently logged in
issue it as root.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Information about users who have logged.

Hi, Suppose I have a programme called Menu. This menu has various choices as we would expect from a Menu. Now Can you Please help me as I want the details of the Users to be registered to some file , Whoever has entered this particular Program . Basically to see the username and the time that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rooh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how many users logged

in unix what is the syntax to find out how many users are currently logged in (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP-UX users get logged off while idle.

Im "supporting" at least 2500 HP-UX workstations with CAD-related software with the B.11.11 build. I cant say anymore than that because of my companys sligtly paranoid security policy . The last few days a new problem has arised from nowhere. The problem is that users gets logged off when the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laoinjo
5 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

logged out users

how to find out users who logged out within 5 minutes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roshni
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Users Not Logged in

I have searched the forums but have not mangaed to quite find what im looking for. I have used to /etc/passwd command to present me a list of all users the who command to present all users currently logged on, but what i want to know is what command can i use to display users that are registered... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: warlock129
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How many users are logged in?

How do I find this out? I have a feeling its a simple command such as who, but I just don't know what it is. I've had a search on here but either I can't put it into the right search criteria or there isn't a topic on it. Thanks. EDIT: Delete this thread, as I posted it I noticed the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris_rabz
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get current logged in user from a script run as root.

Ok, so, in order to install some dependencies of a program I made, a script has to be run as root. The thing is that I have to copy some things into the home folder of currently logged in user, but the variable $HOME returns '/root' and the $USER returns 'root' :( Is there any way to see who is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Users not logged in for last 90 days

Hi, How to find the users who did not login into a UNIX box (thru ssh/ftp or any other way) for last 90 days? I think of using "finger" or "last" command to findout each user's last login and then find number of days between today and that day. Is there any other better way or anyone prepared... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reddyr
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

current logged in user

Hey guys I need a script that reads a login name and verifies if that user is currently logged in i have found few commands like "who" and "users" but i wonder how can i verify it that login name is logged in or not? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishrestha
3 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Sort current logged in users by log in time (supposedly to be very easy but I'm missing something)

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Show all users who are currently logged in, sorted from earliest to latest log in time. The log in time includes the month, day, and time. 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: finger, who, sort, pipe, head, tail, ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vtmd
8 Replies
PHOTON(1)																 PHOTON(1)

NAME
photon - generates photo albums SYNOPSIS
photon [OPTIONS] [PATH] DESCRIPTION
Photon generates clean, yet configurable, static HTML photo galleries. All of the work is done from the command line, and the resulting output can easily be configured by changing the template files found in /usr/share/photon/templates. To create a new template (skin), first create a new directory: mkdir -p ${HOME}/.photon/templates/my_theme/ Then copy the contents of /usr/share/photon/templates/photonv1/ to this new directory. Photon only needs three files to build pages: index.html used to display the content of a folder image.html used to display the page for an image movie.html used to display the page for a movie If a file is missing, then photon will throw an error and will not run. HOW TO BUILD A GALLERY
Quick start $ photon -o myoutputdir /photos Use the gimp plugin $ photon --resize-plugin=gimp -v -o myoutputdir /photos Change the size for all images and the thumbnail and keep the original photo $ photon --sizelist=0,1600x1200,800x600 --thumbsize=320x240 -o myoutputdir /photos Create a gallery from your custom template (skin) $ photon -k my_theme -o myoutputdir /photos See photon help $ photon --help OPTIONS
-a | --awstats Insert Javascript for Awstats --awstats-url=URL Change default value for Awstats script url -c NAME | --comment Name of the comment file (default .comments) -d NUM | --display-columns=NUM Number of columns in index (default 3) -E | --no-exif Don't include EXIF information in HTML file -f | --force Overwrite non-image generated files (html, javascript, etc) (default no) -ff | --force --force Overwrite image files (default no) -h | --help Print this help -I | --no-index Do not generate the high level index.html -J | --no-javascript Do not use javascript (no shortcuts, ... ) -k | --skin=THEME Skin selector (default photonv1) --print-skins Print out available skins (templates) -l NUM | --display-lines=NUM Number of lines in index (default 5) -m | --movie Movie mode, include link to movie (*.mov) -o NAME | --output-directory=NAME Name of the output directory -s LIST | --sizelist=LIST Image sizes (default 0,1024x768,800x600,640x480). Zero, which is the default, uses the original resolution. W x H specifies the width and height of the image in pixels. -t SIZE | --thumbsize=SIZE Size of thumbnails (default 160x120) -v | --verbose Verbosely print information -V | --version Print program version number -z | --compress Compress the original image if selected (default copy the image) --exif-bordercolor=COLOR Exif window border color (default #008000) --exif-bgcolor=COLOR Exif window background color (default #f0fff0) --exif-fgcolor=COLOR Exif window text color (default black) --body-bgcolor=COLOR Body background color (default #ccccff) --img-bgcolor=COLOR Image background color (default white) --exclude=PATTERN Exclude files matching PATTERN --resize-plugin=PLUG Where PLUG is the program used to create thumbnails internal: fastest method (default) gimp: use Gimp>1.x (better quality) --resize-quality-low=NUM Quality for small image. 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --resize-quality-high=NUM Quality for big image 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --gimp-program=PROG use PROG for gimp SHORTCUTS WHILE VIEWING AN IMAGE
n/SPACE Go to the next image (with the same resolution) p/BACKSPACE Go to the previous image (with the same resolution) s Start/Stop the slideshow +/- Increase/Decrease by one second the slideshow's period h Show shortcut and help i Show Exif information z Change to the higher resolution [NOT YET IMPLEMENTED] SEE ALSO
gimp(1) AUTHOR
Written by Luc Saillard, <luc@saillard.org> Main web site: http://www.saillard.org/programs_and_patches/photon/ This manual page was written by Kevin Coyner <kcoyner@debian.org> for the Debian project but may be used by others. 12/16/2006 PHOTON(1)