Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing hex characters '\x0D' with '\x0D\x0A' Post 302377175 by paragkalra on Thursday 3rd of December 2009 09:54:04 AM
Old 12-03-2009
Replacing hex characters '\x0D' with '\x0D\x0A'

Hello All,

I have a requirement where I need to replaced the hex character - '\x0D' with 2 hex characters - 'x0D' & 'x0A'

I am trying to use SED -
Quote:
sed 's/\x0D/\x0D\x0A/g' < old.file > new.file
But somehow its not working. Any pointers?

Also the hex character '\x0D' can occur anywhere in the line.

Can this also be accomplished through 'tr'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing all but last Hex characters in a text line

I must remove hex characters 0A and 0D from several fields within an MS Access Table. Since I don't think it can be done in Access, I am trying here. I am exporting a Table from Access (must be fixed length fields, I think, for my idea to work here) into a text format. I then want to run a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BAH
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Hex characters of ascii file

Hi, Whats the command or how do you display the hexadecimal characters of an ascii file. thanks Bud (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replacing characters

Hi, I have a script for replacing bad characters in filenames for f in *; do mv $f `echo $f | tr '+' '_'` done; this replaces + for _ But I need to replace all bad characters ? / % + to _ Pls how can i do this in one script ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: palmer18
3 Replies

4. Programming

Data formating using C programm with Hex deciamal 'x0d'

:b:Guys, Can some body throw some light on this please..... sprintf(req_line1, "%c%s%c", '\x0b',"TESTING1",'\x0d'); sprintf(req_line2, "%s%c", "TESTING2", '\x0d'); sprintf(req_line3, "%s%c", "Testing3", '\x0d'); sprintf(req_line4, "%s%c%c%c", "Testing4", '\x0d', '\x1c', '\x0d'); ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharma
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert hex values to displayable characters

Hi, I am a bit stuck with displaying characters. I am having values like below in the proper displayable characters. which I would want to print the actual value on the right hand side. I dont want to create an array because I would have to create 255 different values. isnt there another way of... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping for hex characters - explanation?

Hello, Yesterday I was looking for a way to grep for a tab in the shell, and found this solution in several places: grep $'a' # Grep for the letter 'a' between two tabs I'm fine with most of this, but I don't understand what the $ (dollar sign) before the first quote does. It doesn't work... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mregine
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing hex characters

I have the following file consisting of dates and sample measurements: 05��Oct��2010 1.31�� 06��Oct��2010 1.32�� 07��Oct��2010 1.31�� The hex characters are \xc2\xa0 in sequence. I have tried to remove the characters as follows: sed -i '' -e 's/\xc2\xa0//g' file.dat and as follows... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replacing specific characters and control characters by escaping

sed -e "s// /g" old.txt > new.txt While I do know some control characters need to be escaped, can normal characters also be escaped and still work the same way? Basically I do not know all control characters that have a special meaning, for example, ?, ., % have a meaning and have to be escaped... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustneeda
11 Replies

9. HP-UX

Replacing Hex Characters In A File Using awk?

Hi guys, First off, i'm a complete noob to UNIX and LINUX so apologies if I don't understand the basics! I have a file which contains a hex value of '0D' at the end of each line when I look at it in a hex viewer. I need to change it so it contains a hex value of '0D0A0A' I thought... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndyBSG
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Losing carriage return (X0D) after running awk command

Hi Forum. I'm running the following awk command to extract the suffix value (pos 38) from the "AM00" record and append to the end of the "AM01" record. awk 'substr($0,13,4)=="AM00" {SUFFIX = substr($0,38,2)} substr($0,13,4)=="AM01" {$0 = $0 SUFFIX} 1' before.txt > after.txt Before.txt:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
2 Replies
RAX2(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   RAX2(1)

NAME
rax2 -- radare base converter SYNOPSIS
rax2 [-ebsSvxkh] [[value] ...] DESCRIPTION
This command is part of the radare project. This command allows you to convert values between positive and negative integer, float octal, binary and hexadecimal values. OPTIONS
-e Swap endian. -b Convert from binary string to caracter (rax2 -b 01000101) -s Convert from hex string to caracter (rax2 -s 43 4a 50) -S Convert from hex string to caracter (rax2 -S C J P) -v Show program version -x Convert a string into a hash -k Keep de same base as the input data -h Show usage help message USAGE
Available variable types are: int -> hex rax2 10 hex -> int rax2 0xa -int -> hex rax2 -77 -hex -> int rax2 0xffffffb3 int -> bin rax2 b30 bin -> int rax2 1010d float -> hex rax2 3.33f hex -> float rax2 Fx40551ed8 oct -> hex rax2 35o hex -> oct rax2 Ox12 (O is a letter) bin -> hex rax2 1100011b hex -> bin rax2 Bx63 With no arguments, rax2 reads values from stdin. You can pass one or more values as arguments. $ rax2 33 0x41 0101b 0x21 65 0x5 You can do 'unpack' hexpair encoded strings easily. $ rax2 -s 41 42 43 ABC And it supports some math operations. $ rax2 0x5*101b+5 30 It is very useful tool for scripting, so you can read floating point values, or get the integer offset of a jump or a stack delta when ana- lyzing programs. SEE ALSO
radare2(1), rahash2(1), rafind2(1), rabin2(1), ranal2(1), radiff2(1), ragg2(1), rarun2(1), rasm2(1), AUTHORS
pancake <pancake@nopcode.org>, nibble <nibble@develsec.org> BSD
Mar 12, 2010 BSD