Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Few things related to HBA port & fcinfo command Post 302376786 by girish.batra on Wednesday 2nd of December 2009 09:32:50 AM
Old 12-02-2009
Few things related to HBA port & fcinfo command

Hi Gurus

I need to know few things related to HBA port & fcinfo command

I have a server where there are 4 HBA ports cards are their. Out of 4 ports 2 are in use & 2 are not in use when I check it physicall. Now I want to know the command through which I can get information about all above ports. When I run the below command

# fcinfo hba-port

HBA Port WWN: 10000000c6789451
OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2
Manufacturer: Emulex
Model: LPe11000-S
Firmware Version: 2.80a4 (Z3D2.80A4)
FCode/BIOS Version: .........
Serial Number: ...........................
Driver Name: emlxs
Driver Version: 2.31o (2008.10.20.14.00)
Type: unknown
State: offline
Supported Speeds: 1Gb 2Gb 4Gb
Current Speed: not established
Node WWN: ...........................
HBA Port WWN: 10000000c7643890
OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c1
Manufacturer: Emulex
Model: LPe11000-S
Firmware Version: 2.80a4 (Z3D2.80A4)
FCode/BIOS Version: .........
Serial Number: ......................
Driver Name: emlxs
Driver Version: 2.31o (2008.10.20.14.00)
Type: unknown
State: offline
Supported Speeds: 1Gb 2Gb 4Gb
Current Speed: not established
Node WWN: ..............................

Above command output only show information about 2 used ports but not showing infomation about other 2 ports which are not in use. I would like to know how to check through command line about 2 not in use post. As there can be possiblility that if a person is sitting remotely & like to know about no. of unsed ports

I would like to know what is "Node WWN" shown in above command output also as I have very less information about Storage (SAN)

Regards

Last edited by girish.batra; 12-02-2009 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: Due to security reason I do not want to disclosed actual HBA PORT information

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail.cf goes missing & other things

well, I came in today to a raft of messages that users couldn't email from UNIX (HP-UX B.11.23 U i64) /etc/mail/sendmail.cf was missing - just GONE from the directory. Other files were there. mail was successfully sent at 19:48 last night and unsuccessful at 00:10. At least those are times... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LisaS
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

4GB Dual Port HBA

I have one 4GB, dual port HBA. Is each port rated for 4GB, or is it the whole HBA rated for 4GB? Also, how do I determine which is port0 / port1 with "lscfg -vl fcs0" command. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwholey
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10. fcinfo hba-port shows adapter not Found

I understand that fcinfo hba-port should show information(WWN, HBA vendor, etc..) but my result show "No adapter found". If I used grep -i 'version' /var/adm/messages* then I see my installed HBA (QLogic FCode at 2.00.09).. I am wondering why and what I had failed to install? Thanks in advance.... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Y4Net
23 Replies

4. AIX

I need command for HBA model & firmware please

Hi All, I have a task to complete on several server, I need advice from u guys,i need to know that , how can i check the following thing in AIX server. 1)HBA vendor, HBA model, HBA driver version & HBA firmware. 2) Multipath software & multipath version. 3) Cluster software & cluster... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gulamibrahim
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to enable hba port of a two port hba card

Hi, i have a two port hba card in solaris 10 system one of which is disabled. How to enable and configure the other port. ---------- Post updated at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 AM ---------- please help :( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Solaris HBA & Driver identification help

Gents, I am new with Solaris and working on couple of Solaris 8 and 9's. 1. ) I am having issues finding which model of HBA is connected to the host. I got a link to kb qlogic com/KanisaPlatform/Publishing/130/10441_f.html But, it is incomplete as read in many places.. Do we have updated... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abcd.us786
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Show HBA WWN on AIX & Linux

Hi all, I have an environment with Aix and Linux severs zoned to tape drives I'd like to list HBAs WWN on my servers which are zoned to the drives. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX & TAR related stuff

This thread is about using tar & other compression utilities on AIX ; 1. Find out which version of tar you are using thanks to bakunin >what $(which tar) /usr/bin/tar: 61 1.14 src/bos/usr/ccs/lib/libc/__threads_init.c, libcthrd, bos53 0 7/11/00 12:04:14 10 ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
21 Replies

9. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Command for viewing hba cards on rhel7

hi all, I am trying to view the hba cards on a rhel7 server (storage says they are there, but I am not seeing them. I tried lspci -nn | grep -i hba lspci |grep qla I tried looking in /sys/class/fc_host.. but it is empty. I am not sure if I am looking in the right spot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
0 Replies
HBA_RefreshInformation(3HBAAPI) 	      Common Fibre Channel HBA Information Library Functions		   HBA_RefreshInformation(3HBAAPI)

NAME
HBA_RefreshInformation, HBA_RefreshAdapterConfiguration - refresh information for a specific HBA SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lHBAAPI [ library... ] #include <hbaapi.h> void HBA_RefreshInformation(HBA_HANDLE handle); void HBA_RefreshAdapterConfiguration(void); PARAMETERS
handle an open handle returned from HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI) DESCRIPTION
The HBA_RefreshInformation() function requests that the underlying VSL reload all information about the given HBA. This function should be called whenever any function returns HBA_STATUS_ERROR_STALE_DATA, or if an index that was previously valid returns HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLE- GAL_INDEX. Because the underlying VSL can reset all indexes relating to the HBA, all old index values must be discarded by the caller. The HBA_RefreshAdapterConfiguration() function updates information about the HBAs present on the system. This function does not change any of the relationships between the HBA API and adapters that have not been reconfigured. HBA handles continue to refer to the same HBA even if it is no longer installed. The HBA name or index assigned by the library remains assigned to the same HBA even if it has been removed and reinstalled, as long as the bus position, WWN, and OS device have not changed. Adapter that have been removed and not replaced cannot have their HBA handles, HBA names, and HBA indexes reassigned. Calls to these adapters will generate HBA_STATUS_ERROR_UNAVAILABLE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API | | |version 1) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 | | |(API version 2) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI), libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) T11 FC-MI Specification SunOS 5.10 1 Sep 2003 HBA_RefreshInformation(3HBAAPI)