Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Interfaces
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix Interfaces Post 302373770 by m.vinay on Sunday 22nd of November 2009 02:31:10 AM
Old 11-22-2009
Unix Interfaces

What is Programmer Interface in UNIX. I do have this question in my Syllabus. Can Anyone Please help.

Thanks in Advance...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hme0 interfaces...

How do you configure more than one network on a single hme0 interface under SunOS? And why would you want to do this? Thanx :) -Michelle (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Michelle1977
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

interfaces

Hello, which network interface i must sellect during the solaris9 installation le0 or hme0 ? this system is part of the network, it is a standalone system and is not on any domain. thanks for your help, em (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emsakopa
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Interfaces do not failover

Would anyone know why a V440 Solaris 9 machine's interfaces (ce0 and ce1) will not failover? Both interfaces are on the same subnet, but different IPs. I can pull the plug on once interface (ce0) and ce1 will be accessible. I can reverse it and pull ce1, and ce0 will NOT be accessible. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: StorageGuy
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Interfaces Sol9

this is more of a curious question. I have a jumpstart server i imaged from a laptop. And in /etc/there are multiple hostname.ce0:1-2-3 etc.. entries. in that file each one has name similar to this jumpr_koc jumpr_poc etc.. Also i noticed my netmasks file has all the subnets we use. and finally my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Network Interfaces

I got second IOU in my M5000 but not able bring internal network interfcae .. ike i don't get link on those 2 interfaces .. and the same network cable plugged in PCI network card it works like a charm Is there any special way to enable the internal IOU interfaces or i have bad nics ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Zones and interfaces

Hello, can someone please suggest if is possible to use different net interfaces for non global zones ? for example , bash-3.00# uname -srv SunOS 5.10 Generic_137137-09 bash-3.00# ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
6 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Could you explain these Interfaces????

Hi friends, I am abit confused regarding these interfaces, hope you could clearify everything, and differentiate between them, with examples? 1. Graphical User Interface(GUI) 2. Text User Interface(TUI) 3. Character User Interface(CUI) 4. Commandline Interface(CLI) 5. Text-based User... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabam
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Interfaces and Virtual-interfaces queries

Hi Al, In course of understanding networking in Solaris, I have these doubts on Interfaces. Please clarify me. I have done fair research in this site and others but could not be clarified. 1. In the "ifconfig -a" command, I see many interfaces and their configurations. But I see many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
1 Replies

9. Solaris

can't see other interfaces

Hi Guys, I have a Netra240 server with four interfaces. However, when I ran this command dladm show-dev it showed only one interface bge0. Can someone please explain to me how to fix this problem? Thanks guys. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Virtual etc interfaces??

So after getting a Nagios plugin up and running that checks certain things including network interfaces, I get an error off the one box I built (as opposed to all of the others that were built by a former employee). The error complains of the "NIC logical group" failing. All the boxes are HP... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xdawg
7 Replies
DEBCONF-SET-SELECTIONS(1)					      Debconf						 DEBCONF-SET-SELECTIONS(1)

NAME
debconf-set-selections - insert new default values into the debconf database SYNOPSIS
debconf-set-selections file debconf-get-selections | ssh newhost debconf-set-selections DESCRIPTION
debconf-set-selections can be used to pre-seed the debconf database with answers, or to change answers in the database. Each question will be marked as seen to prevent debconf from asking the question interactively. Reads from a file if a filename is given, otherwise from stdin. WARNING
Only use this command to seed debconf values for packages that will be or are installed. Otherwise you can end up with values in the database for uninstalled packages that will not go away, or with worse problems involving shared values. It is recommended that this only be used to seed the database if the originating machine has an identical install. DATA FORMAT
The data is a series of lines. Lines beginning with a # character are comments. Blank lines are ignored. All other lines set the value of one question, and should contain four values, each separated by one character of whitespace. The first value is the name of the package that owns the question. The second is the name of the question, the third value is the type of this question, and the fourth value (through the end of the line) is the value to use for the answer of the question. Alternatively, the third value can be "seen"; then the preseed line only controls whether the question is marked as seen in debconf's database. Note that preseeding a question's value defaults to marking that question as seen, so to override the default value without marking a question seen, you need two lines. Lines can be continued to the next line by ending them with a "" character. EXAMPLES
# Force debconf priority to critical. debconf debconf/priority select critical # Override default frontend to readline, but allow user to select. debconf debconf/frontend select readline debconf debconf/frontend seen false OPTIONS
--verbose, -v verbose output --checkonly, -c only check the input file format, do not save changes to database SEE ALSO
debconf-get-selections(1) (available in the debconf-utils package) AUTHOR
Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> 2011-06-22 DEBCONF-SET-SELECTIONS(1)