Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Interfaces
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix Interfaces Post 302373770 by m.vinay on Sunday 22nd of November 2009 02:31:10 AM
Old 11-22-2009
Unix Interfaces

What is Programmer Interface in UNIX. I do have this question in my Syllabus. Can Anyone Please help.

Thanks in Advance...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hme0 interfaces...

How do you configure more than one network on a single hme0 interface under SunOS? And why would you want to do this? Thanx :) -Michelle (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Michelle1977
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

interfaces

Hello, which network interface i must sellect during the solaris9 installation le0 or hme0 ? this system is part of the network, it is a standalone system and is not on any domain. thanks for your help, em (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emsakopa
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Interfaces do not failover

Would anyone know why a V440 Solaris 9 machine's interfaces (ce0 and ce1) will not failover? Both interfaces are on the same subnet, but different IPs. I can pull the plug on once interface (ce0) and ce1 will be accessible. I can reverse it and pull ce1, and ce0 will NOT be accessible. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: StorageGuy
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Interfaces Sol9

this is more of a curious question. I have a jumpstart server i imaged from a laptop. And in /etc/there are multiple hostname.ce0:1-2-3 etc.. entries. in that file each one has name similar to this jumpr_koc jumpr_poc etc.. Also i noticed my netmasks file has all the subnets we use. and finally my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Network Interfaces

I got second IOU in my M5000 but not able bring internal network interfcae .. ike i don't get link on those 2 interfaces .. and the same network cable plugged in PCI network card it works like a charm Is there any special way to enable the internal IOU interfaces or i have bad nics ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Zones and interfaces

Hello, can someone please suggest if is possible to use different net interfaces for non global zones ? for example , bash-3.00# uname -srv SunOS 5.10 Generic_137137-09 bash-3.00# ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
6 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Could you explain these Interfaces????

Hi friends, I am abit confused regarding these interfaces, hope you could clearify everything, and differentiate between them, with examples? 1. Graphical User Interface(GUI) 2. Text User Interface(TUI) 3. Character User Interface(CUI) 4. Commandline Interface(CLI) 5. Text-based User... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabam
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Interfaces and Virtual-interfaces queries

Hi Al, In course of understanding networking in Solaris, I have these doubts on Interfaces. Please clarify me. I have done fair research in this site and others but could not be clarified. 1. In the "ifconfig -a" command, I see many interfaces and their configurations. But I see many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
1 Replies

9. Solaris

can't see other interfaces

Hi Guys, I have a Netra240 server with four interfaces. However, when I ran this command dladm show-dev it showed only one interface bge0. Can someone please explain to me how to fix this problem? Thanks guys. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Virtual etc interfaces??

So after getting a Nagios plugin up and running that checks certain things including network interfaces, I get an error off the one box I built (as opposed to all of the others that were built by a former employee). The error complains of the "NIC logical group" failing. All the boxes are HP... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xdawg
7 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Returns the question name attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.16.2 2012-01-27 Net::DNS::Question(3)