Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using grep for find values larger/less than Post 302372753 by phil_heath on Wednesday 18th of November 2009 04:30:55 PM
Old 11-18-2009
hi thank you for the solution. It works..

what if I want to find something within a range lets say between -2 and 3. Obviously the directions of the arrows wont work.

thanks

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep two values together.

Hi... I have a file abc.txt , havin more then 10,000 lines, each field separated by '#'. I want to grep 9914699895 and 999 from abc.txt I am trying cat abc.txt | grep 9914699895 | grep 999 but i am also getting data like 9991111111 or 9991010101 I want to grep "999" exactly and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tushar_tus
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find a file whick is consuming larger disk space in file system

Hello, Can anybody please tell me the command to find out the filesystem or a file which is consuming larger disk space sing i want to find out the file and want to compress it please help me out any help would be appreciated (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokeshpashine
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find values between values in two different fields

Hi, I need help to find values between two different fields based on $6 (NUM) AND $1 (CD), within the same ID. The result should show the values between the NUMs which will be extracted from within $3 and $2 in data.txt file below. data.txt ex 139 142 Sc_1000004 ID 4 CD ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use grep & find command to find references to a particular file

Hi all , I'm new to unix I have a checked project , there exists a file called xxx.config . now my task is to find all the files in the checked out project which references to this xxx.config file. how do i use grep or find command . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangam
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep to find matching patern and return unique values

Request: grep to find given matching patern and return unique values, eliminate the duplicate values I have to retrieve the unique folder on the below file contents like; /app/oracle/build_lib/pkg320.0_20120927 /app/oracle/build_lib/pkg320.0_20121004_prof... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the X highest values in a list depending on the values of another list with bash/awk?

Hi everyone, This is an exemple of inpout.txt file (a "," delimited text file which can be open as csv file): ID, Code, Value, Store SP|01, AABBCDE, 15, 3 SP|01, AABBCDE, 14, 2 SP|01, AABBCDF, 13, 2 SP|01, AABBCDE, 16, 3 SP|02, AABBCED, 15, 2 SP|01, AABBCDF, 12, 3 SP|01, AABBCDD,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeremy589
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find larger on replicates and output

Hi All I have a question. I have a file like this: 10 name1 ID1 value1 value2 valueN.. 31 name2 ID1 value1 value2 valueN.. 20 name3 ID2 value1 value2 valueN.. 23 name4 ID2 value1 value2 valueN.. 33 name5 ID2 value1 value2 valueN.. 45 name6 ID2 value1 value2 valueN.. well, my output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giuliangiuseppe
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate values in specific column and delete all the duplicate values

Dear folks I have a map file of around 54K lines and some of the values in the second column have the same value and I want to find them and delete all of the same values. I looked over duplicate commands but my case is not to keep one of the duplicate values. I want to remove all of the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajmar
4 Replies
FINDGLARE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      FINDGLARE(1)

NAME
findglare - locate glare sources in a RADIANCE scene SYNOPSIS
findglare [ -v ][ -ga angles ][ -t threshold ][ -r resolution ][ -c ][ -p picture ][ view options ] [[ rtrace options ] octree ] DESCRIPTION
Findglare locates sources of glare in a specific set of horizontal directions by computing luminance samples from a RADIANCE picture and/or octree. Findglare is intended primarily as a preprocessor for glare calculation programs such as glarendx(1), and is usually accessed through the executive script glare(1). If only an octree is given, findglare calls rtrace to compute the samples it needs. If both an octree and a picture are specified, find- glare calls rtrace only for samples that are outside the frame of the picture. If findglare does not have an octree and the picture does not completely cover the area of interest, a warning will be issued and everything outside the picture will be treated as if it were black. It is preferable to use a picture with a fisheye view and a horizontal and vertical size of at least 180 degrees (more horizontally if the -ga option is used -- see below). Note that the picture file must contain correct view specifications, as maintained by rpict(1), rvu(1), pfilt(1) and pinterp(1). Specifically, findglare will not work on pictures processed by pcompos(1) or pcomb(1). It is also essential to give the proper rtrace options when an octree is used so that the calculated luminance values are correct. The output of findglare is a list of glare source directions, solid angles and average luminances, plus a list of indirect vertical illumi- nance values as a function of angle. Angles are measured in degrees from the view center, with positive angles to the left and negative angles to the right. By default, findglare only computes glare sources and indirect vertical illuminance for the given view (taken from the picture if none is specified). If the view direction is not horizontal to begin with (ie. perpendicular to the view up vector), findglare will substitute the closest horizontal direction as its view center. The -ga option can be used to specify a set of directions to consider about the center of view. This specification is given by a starting angle, ending angle, and step angle like so: start-end:step All angles must be whole degrees within the range 1 to 180. Multiple angle ranges may be separated by commas, and individual angles may be given without the ending and step angles. Note that findglare will complain if the same angle is given twice either explicitly or implic- itly by two ranges. Findglare normally identifies glare sources as directions that are brighter than 7 times the average luminance level. It is possible to override this determination by giving an explicit luminance threshold with the -t option. It usually works best to use the 'l' command within ximage(1) to decide what this value should be. Alternatively, one can use the 't' command within rvu(1). The idea is to pick a threshold that is well above the average level but smaller than the source areas. If the sources in the scene are small, it may be necessary to increase the default sample resolution of findglare(1) using the -r option. The default resolution is 150 vertical samples and a proportional number of horizontal samples. If besides being small, the sources are not much brighter than the threshold, the -c flag should be used to override findglare's default action of absorbing small sources it deems to be insignificant. The -v flag switches on verbose mode, where findglare reports its progress during the calculation. EXAMPLE
To calculate the glare sources in the image "scene.hdr": findglare -p scene.hdr > scene.glr To compute the Guth visual comfort probability from this result: glarendx -t guth_vcp scene.glr To compute the glare for a set of angles around the view "good.vp" from the octree "scene.oct" using an ambient level of .1: findglare -vf good.vp -ga 10-60:10 -av .1 .1 .1 scene.oct > scene.glr AUTHOR
Greg Ward ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Work on this program was initiated and sponsored by the LESO group at EPFL in Switzerland. SEE ALSO
getinfo(1), glare(1), glarendx(1), pfilt(1), rpict(1), rtrace(1), rvu(1), xglaresrc(1), ximage(1) RADIANCE
11/15/93 FINDGLARE(1)