Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 10 svcs failures
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 svcs failures Post 302372548 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 18th of November 2009 08:00:12 AM
Old 11-18-2009
ok, i stop to worry...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

svcs command on solaris 8 and 9

Hi, Can anybody tell me what is the command to start and stop services on solaris 8. I found command svcs on solaris 10 but not on 8 or 9. Please guilde me. Thanks, Rucha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rucha_mahajan
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Boot problem with SMF svcs-Solaris 10 for x86

Hi All, I am newbie in solaris, please guide me. A week before i installed solaris10 on my x86 system, it was working fine i always used "init 5" to shutdown my system as per my collegue advice. But yesterday when i started my system it gave me following message ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: imrankhan.in
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need svcs equivalent command

Hi, I am new to HP-UX. Can someboby help me with the svcs equivalent command in HP-UX ??? svcs is command that we use in Solaris for service status. I need to get the status of services in HP-UX. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
2 Replies

4. Solaris

svcs showing online* status

Hi Experts I am getting following status # svcs wbem STATE STIME FMRI online* 18:19:29 svc:/application/management/wbem:default /var/svc/log/application-management-wbem:default.log is being flooded with following message (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtomar
5 Replies

5. Solaris

svcs command shows the state as disabled

Hi I need to export a directory named /sybase from my solaris machine via NFS. The svcs command shows the state as disabled. Please let me know how to export the directory. Once the directory is exported from the solaris machine it has to be mounted locally in an aix machine. Can some one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

6. Solaris

PostgreSQL - Adding to SVCS list.

I'm having some troubles setting an instance of postgreSQL to automatically start upon system boot. I have two servers running this app, one is automatically starting the service, the other is not. I'm attempting to use the "svcadmin" command, however, apparently when I run a "svcs -a" search, the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 svcs failures

I have a solaris 10 machine that was working fine until the system crashed after a power failure. Now, after the system boots up, several services go into maintenance mode. offline 8:54:59 svc:/milestone/multi-user-server:default offline 8:54:59... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishani3831
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check & use output of svcs command

Hello Dear Friends, I need to check output of svcs command and so the status of some instances. -bash-3.00$ svcs -a | grep rfe online Aug_04 svc:/application/rfe/rfe_master_3:default online Aug_04 svc:/application/rfe/rfe_master_4:default as you can see there are two... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Svcs: failed to iterate over instances: server has insufficient resources

Hi community, one of my zone is having issue and while i issue svs -a, i am getting below error "svcs: failed to iterate over instances: server has insufficient resources" none on the services are working including ssh/telnet. please help me to fix this issue thanks & Regards,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Pkgadd failures with Solaris 11

I have some simple package installations that have worked in previous versions of Solaris just fine. I can install the packages, then install newer versions right over the top without error. In previous versions I had to specify the -G option during the installation in order for this to work. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moondog25
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)